The I.R.S. scandal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rjhangover, May 15, 2013.

1. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Thousands of people are investigated by the I.R.S. every year. Most are rich people with money trying to defraud the government. Not much sense in investigating the poor, is there? So the I.R.S. "targets" those with the money. But if you haven't done anything wrong, there's no reason to worry. So what's all the stink the cons and teabaggers are making for being investigated? Sounds to me like they're worried about getting caught, for tax fraud. If they were wrongfully "prosecuted", they'd have a legitimate gripe. But to try to make a big stink about being investigated, is like saying they're above reproach. Anybody buy that one?
    This is just another attempt by the GOP to try to get Americans to hate their government, or at least Obama and the democrats. I think Karma is gonna bite them in the ass.

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I have a feeling that you would be singing a very different tune if the roles were reversed.

3. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

If the I.R.S. starts investigating the poor, I'll get a good laugh. The cons are already investigating Obama for Benghazi. Eh.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Don't you ever have anything smart to say, rjhandjob?

5. eggsprog

The opposite would be the IRS investigating left wing political groups while a Republican was president, not auditing the poor...

I really don't understand you. It seems like you're trying to be the left wing version of Glenn Beck.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Just another person who repeats what they heard on CNN.

7. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Sounds to me like you watch too much FUX news. But because you over looked it...being investigated is no big ding, unless you got something to hide. Being unjustly prosecuted is a whole different story.

"Slower minds, keep right."

8. odonII

odonII O

9. Sig

Sig Senior Member

So you've always supported the warrantless wiretapping, along with numerous other patriot act bullshit, right? After all, if you've got nothing to hide.....

10. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I don't know who in the IRS thought they could get away with this. Some jobs are going to be lost at high levels, and some people may go to prison. (Eric Holder has announced a criminal investigation.) Those folks deserve whatever they get, for being stupid enough to think that nobody would ever follow the electronic trail to the ones who set the policy.

There is no positive spin for Obama to put on this. If he knew about it, he should have done something about it. If he didn't know, then it's a lack of leadership.

Probably, most Tea Party organizations shouldn't have tax-exempt status, because the law doesn't allow that for any organization that is primarily political in its purpose. The brain-dead political mistake was investigating the far right and not the far left. If similar liberal groups had been investigated and found to be in compliance, there would have been no obvious bias on the part of the IRS.

Obama is smart enough to understand all this, which makes me think he didn't know what was going on. That's not really a good thing, because it means that some people who work for him perceive him as such a weak leader that they think they can do whatever they want.

11. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

You cant send the IRS to obamanite trash, Are they going to roll their "handouts" over for loose ends?

Seems like you're a little butt hurt dem/libs are poor and GOP are rich, Too bad. Did you get a cut in your check/"handouts?

If the lib/dems hand any balls and were not worthless pieces of shit who single out people to 'audit' and that list was nothing but GOP, Id be bitching too. Nobama and ALL his POS administration are crooks, Lairs, Cheats, Etc and it all rising to the top.

The next thing for the libtards to do, Is blame, blame, blame it on others with more distractions. They have failed in great fashion and if you're too stupid to look around to see it, You're part of the reason/problem we are where we are in our second depression with the HNIC that has NO CLUE how to fix his fuck ups.

12. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

The IRS targeted the Tea Party for their political stances on government and taxes. Regardless of what your opinion on the Tea Party is, and I'm certainly not their biggest fan, you should be appalled by this. It's absolutely reprehensible.

It's scumbag politics at it's most blatant. People should be thrown in prison, or at the very least, fired for this.

13. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

First of all these groups applying for tax exempt status need to show that they are primarily for the betterment of society and not for political purposes so honestly.. that is the IRS's job to see if a political grp. is primarily there for political purposes or community betterment. The real scandal is why these grps are able to get tax exempt stat. at ALL- esp. because the IRS changed the law and the meaning of the word "exclusively" as it actually reads that the grp. must be exclusively for the betterment of society (then they changed it to say exclusively meaning primarily... and primarily meaning 51%)... it's all quite silly. So, yes, they shoulda been looking at the tea party. They are POLITICAL grps., not social welfare grps.
    They also looked into-discriminaed against the NAACP during Bush's watch.

In any case, no they should not be biased to a CERTAIN political party. So, yea, I'll give it that that it's messed up. But that's it. These grps should NOT be getting tax exempt status.

14. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

If that's the case, Nobamas ass should be out the door asap. Oh wait, Hes black so that will change everything and again he gets to try to fuck over the USA even more.

With ALL the bullshit this administration has pulled, lied about, tried to hide and all their blame games, You have to be a real dumb fucktard to think the USA is getting better.

40 years ago nixion had to resign for nothing, But yet this kenyan commie is still there fucking everything he touches or looks at up.

Oh well, GOP will always have $$$, The dem's will always have their hand's out and try and scam people.

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Watergate was nothing? The rethugs are trying to make all these so called scandals (look at the military right now and THAT true scandal) into a watergate but not even close...

anyways .. obama had nothing to do with this anyways (he found out on tv on friday...lol!).

16. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

Do you really believe he didn't know? And why do you believe that? Because the White House Press Secretary said so?

Regardless of whether he knew or not, his administration allows this kind of crap to happen. They see the other side any argument as the enemy and treat them like enemies as well.

If anything ever made me want to register as a Republican, it's the Obama administration. It's like the George W. Bush administration all over again, but on the left instead of the right, and more blatantly corrupt.

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Didn't you notice my "lol" after the statement that he didn't know?

He either did know or he's waaaay outta the loop and has no idea what's going on. :rolleyes:

18. Victoria1987

Victoria1987 Member

Crap. That's two open mouth insert foot moments from me this week on this site. It's finals week in college and I've had the equivalent of one full night's sleep in about four days, so I hope you understand.

Anyway, I don't know if the president knew or not. It's either he didn't know, or he didn't want to know so he could have plausible deniability. The last one seems more probable. The guy is one of the slickest politicians I've ever seen. And that's not a good thing.

19. eggsprog

No one is complaining about actually punishing people who broke the law, they're complaining that the other side was not also checked for compliance.

Put down the polarized lens that you view everything with for a few minutes and try to think about this rationally and critically. Do you really think that it is okay for the IRS to choose to focus their investigations mostly on groups who support one party but not the other? Ignoring the current political situation and just thinking about principal - do you think that this is okay, ethically?

20. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Haha, no worries... I wasn't very obviously clear in my statement.

Yea, I don't know what he knew or didn't know but I'm guessing he didn't want to know also. There's a lot of things he doesn't want to know.