the human body has gotta be one of the most lovely things in the universe(microcosm)

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by HerbuhLovuh, May 15, 2004.

1. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

yeah, or if a word is misspelt even slightly, it can't translate it and you're feckered (especially if it's makno talking in spanish that you're trying to understand)

2. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

That is impossible booshnoogs.
    You see hookers are known to carry incurable dis-ease and pizzas are known to merely inflict obesity and a horrible love of sports and beer.

3. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I don't mind my body much.

4. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Obesity and incurable diseases both ultimately kill. Given a choice, most people would prefer to die fat and happy, so pizza is still better than the human body.

(And don't EVER insult beer again, unless it's American beer, in which case I agree 100%)

5. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

If you ever do get tired of your body, I'd be happy to take it off your hands for a while.

6. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Obesity can be the cause of disease....diabetes and heart disease spring to mind.

7. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

are those curable? hookers are probably in good shape and don't need to worry about obesity anyway. they get a lot of exercise

8. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Hahahahahaha that's one hell of an overestimate. :rolleyes:

9. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Heart disease is technically NOT curable....once you've had a heart attack, you have a damaged heart.

Diabetes...depends on what kind and how bad off you are. My grandmother was over 400lbs and had to take pills for it...when she lost a lot of weight later, she was no longer diabetic.

10. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

In the U.S. you have a choice about which language to take. Most kids opt for a more relevant language like Spanish or Latin.

11. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i took french for 6 years. i used to know a little. but after years and years of people saying "who the fuck speaks french? why didn't you take spanish?" i shoved all that useless shit out of my head in favor of yummy recipes that people enjoy. i lie cooking for people. speaking french to them brings me no joy.

12. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

i took a semester of spanish. fuck languages. if you are going somewhtere, learn the native tongue... if i went to france, i would try to learn as much french as possible, but im not, so fuckem.

13. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I know a smattering of French and a smattering of German. But I was in French immersion for five years (k through 4), and took German in high school. I still have french accent and pronounce stuff properly, but my grammar is atrocious and my vocabulary is pretty limited. I occasionally ahve a french accent when I speak german (again, no vocab or grammatical skills)

14. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

I believe French is highly relevant to any English-speaking person, if only to improve their English. Yes, English is crammed with words derived from Latin, but those words came to us in the form of French after the Norman conquest of 1066. A knowledge of the French language can allow you to appreciate the nuances and the sheer diversity of our own semantics, aswell as widening your vocabulary. Spanish has a much smaller influence over our own language.

My interest in the language developed from pure appreciation of the beautiful sound of it. I just had to learn how to make those sounds and make them mean something. So i did. And now have a French boyfriend and am moving over there this summer. So yeah, it was really useful to me. Also, like i said, there are some things which can only be expressed properly in French.

Xx

15. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

Yeah grammars my downfall too:( but then my English grammars also terrible. I studied German for a year but it was too much for me. I can now ask for tablets and say "i have diarrhoea", but cant talk about myself, my hobbies or interests, or order a meal in a restaurant.

Xx

16. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

German grammar is a little peculiar too. I always had problems recognizing dative and accusative. French grammar, well, I can't learn it in a classroom since I didn't learn by rules to start, I just learned by talking. Need to go to France to get my french back :D

17. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

yea yea, we know, 70percent of english words are from french. most people don't wanna speak better english and are perfectly content without it. i'm glad you like french, but since i live in the heavily latino southwest of the usa, spanish is FAR more useful than that silly french. i shoulda taken spanish. french is totally useless to me.

18. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

See, the thing is that there are like 6 French speaking people in the U.S. for over 724 million Spanish speaking people.

19. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Fuck all that, you people should learn a language that really actually truly is relevant.. Like Finnish. :D
    Learning any other languager can help you with that with any language, simply by looking at it in a different light. :rolleyes: The less related the languages the better imo. :rolleyes: As for me, I speak English obviously, and took some years of Japanese and am learning Finnish... Yay me. :D