The HouseMate from H * E * L * L

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by Duncan, May 24, 2006.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Ever have a housemate/tenant/roommate/space-sharer who just wasn't in synch with the motion of your Universe? I had one who burned food, never threw out a newspaper or magazine, wrote bad checks and was unaware much of the time that he had made a mess on the toilet without cleaning up after himself.
    Any tales?

2. Normlzach

Normlzach Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I let this guy live with us for a summer, He had a stack of dirty dishes in his room, which was on top of a pile of trash. One night he got really drunk and went to bed, during the night he threw up onto the pile of trash,this was in june. He moved out in August, that is when we saw the pile of trash with the vomit in it. 3 months it sat there, in the summer heat. I almost threw up myself. To top it all off he stiffed me on a couple hundred bucks worth of bills. My credit rating has never been the same.

3. badwolf

badwolf Member

Wow that sucks.

I had a roommate who when he burned or overcooked a meal, he would just toss away the food and the frying pan. I caught him in the act of disposing of MY frying pan and he never got me a replacement.

4. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I had a roomate pee down the stairs once...oh wait that was me.

5. DQ Veg

DQ Veg JUSTYNA'S TIGER

Look, all of this you guys are describing is the reason that I don't HAVE roomates-I'd rather live alone and spend more money to do it than to put up with all that crap.

6. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

maybe - I now live alone-ish but I rent a room in a shared house.Slamming doors really gets me aggravated - like all you have to do is turn the handle and pull it to - there is no need to shake the foundations of the house everytime you fuckin come in n out.I take care not to change anyone elses enviroment because thats what I hope for in return.Instead I get woken up by selfish mindless twats
    I'm not perfect - I only hoover once a month and sometimes leave milk to go off in the fridge but ah fkn-ell

7. rg paddler

rg paddler Senior Member

also I rented a room and some guy murdered is brother with an iron bar in the room below while I was at work - didn't give the place that kind of civil,secure feeling I was after