The Host

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by thered, May 18, 2007.

1. thered

thered Member

It's a korean horror movie that came out earlier this year but I didn't get a chance to see it until it came to my local art theater. I think you'd have to have a korean sense of humor to appreciate all of it, but overall it was awesome.
    General Plot: A mutated river monster is terrorizing a city (Seoul?). It takes takes a little girl to it's sewer lair where she plays dead and such to survive. Most of the film follows her family as they escape from quarantine and try to save her.
    Anyone else see it?

2. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I thought it was a good movie. I went with a few friends a month or two ago. It was pretty unique.

3. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

I didn't have any interest in seeing this film until I saw that it was named on Rotten Tomatoes one of the top 10 sci-fi movies ever made... which stunned me. I mean, Jesus, they rated it better than 2001: A Space Odyssey! So now I'm interested...

4. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

Eh, it's definitely not better than 2001, but it's decent.

5. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Well, I doubt that I'll agree with them. :) I just want to see what all the fuss is about.

6. Yellow Hat17

Yellow Hat17 Member

That's not a horror Movie... It fits into the genre of "Asian Monster Flick" I wanna see it... Just cuz it has 5 of my favorite intense movie things:

1. Fighting

2. Mutant Dinosaurs

3. Machine Guns

4. a Resistance

5. And a Big City...

What else do you need?

7. Yellow Hat17

Yellow Hat17 Member

But I liek them more serious.. But whaat... How long do you get a chance to see a movie liek this?!