The Hip Fora Slowing Down?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Lucifer Sam, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Is it just me, or has the Hip Fora in general really slowed down? I was just in the Music forum, and it seemed totally dead compared to what it once was. I knew that the Young Hippos had kind of slowed, but... yeah, everything just seems really dead now. (o_o) But maybe it's just me. What do YOU say? Eh?

2. Freekske

Freekske Member

The world is a cold and dead place

3. sitareric

sitareric Banned

Its always slowing down man..

4. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

is talking about how slow it is really gonna speed it up?

5. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i agree. but i really dont know for sure cuz idont come here as often.
    which is why the forums slowed down. it sensed my absense and got sad and slowed down. damn! dont you hate when that happens

6. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think the administration pissed alot of people off, unnecessarily, and ruined what they had without realizing it. You know, that's what really gets to me. When people don't realize how fortunate they are and piss it all down the drain. Unfortunately, that really shouldn't become ours to deal with, but we do put alot of support into the site by spending our time here and there are quite a few people who do pay because we enjoy the place, because we don't want to be the beligerent assholes. But there are a few people who whine, though I guess everyone does-- I guess if some folks would rather take the kick in the nads than rise above the whining and show a bit of maturity about it, that's not really our problem if anyone wants to steam some crabs over it and throw a pissing fit. At least people were actually coming here, rather than making it some soulless, lameass, book of liberal-veggie-eater--conservative-down-with-the-man-I-love-jesus-and-I make-300,000-dollars-a-year fight club or something... while whining about how much you don't like it anymore and how much you want the mean old man to quit taking your candy... It's ridiculous. When will this end? Do you see an end? Do you really want it to change?

For Chrissakes, just do it.

Unfortunately, I guess it correlates with the current occupants of our White House, our congress, and their little scandals, as well as the steaming theatrical bullshit they wish to play off at each other; and my local government has totally got a foot in the mouth, another up its' citizens asses... while we, indirectly, at their choice, give them a raise and new office furniture, while we get a boot in the ass, in return. Yeah, the citizens of our count(r)y are generally ignorant of it, but what can they do. They try. They're good people. They're just trying to go about their ways. It's only their right to exercise that. :rolleyes: So, you have to ask yourselves, why the hell not do such a thing? Everyone else is following the trend.

So it all makes some kinda sense to me. [​IMG]

By the way, this wasn't an attack of any sort... just an observation from being here for a few years.

7. Orsino2

Oh, give me a break. You don't seem to show where the world starts or ends. There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning.

The world is amazing.

Society is a cold and dead place, coupled with such dishonor, a cold and dead gesture.

Et tu Brute.

If you would not be forgotten before you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing.

8. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

The Marijuana forum is the only one that seems to be going fast, and that's truly not a good thing.

9. Orsino2

You have a point.

It seems like it's the thriving portion of this forum, and slightly more idiotic than ever.

10. Freekske

Freekske Member

:1eye:Life's absurd. All things you just metioned are thus empty!!

The world is a cold and dead place

11. Orsino2

The world is a conglomerate of things. That statement is cliche'd senseless vagary. Life is absurd, laws can be broken-- though possession is still going to be nine-tenths of the law.

Perception is the law.

12. Orsino2

Censorship can take it up the ass, for all I care. It's not that it's there, but what's there to be done about it.

But most people really can't handle the truth.

13. spooner

spooner is done.

Nostalgic views are rarely entirely accurate.

14. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

well crap.

what are we gonna do now

15. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

keep on keeping on and sink with the ship. although i dont see it sinking soon, maybe just having a few leaks

16. Orsino2

And that's why there's roofing tar, whale oil, and moss!!! :D

17. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

weather's getting nicer out. folks are goin outside.

18. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

There's nothing nostalgic about this--it's just an observation. I remember when you could make a thread in the Music forum and find it on the second page the same day (assuming, of course, that it was a pretty uninteresting thread :D ), and if you take a look at the place now, you see threads on the first page that haven't been posted in for days. Of course, that's really not a good example because that forum has been subdivided since those days...

But still, take a look at something like "Performing Arts," a topic I find interesting and would like to discuss with people. That forum is pretty much toast. And as far as I can tell, even though I don't post there anymore, "Random Thoughts" sure seems less active than in the past.

I guess I'm just surprised because while I realized that the Hippos had it's ups and downs, I was always under the impression that the rest of the fora were always speeding up and becoming MORE active. I took seeing new faces as a sign that things were speeding up, but that wasn't correct. I'm not complaining, though--it's just a realization that I've come to.

19. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

Perhaps people are just enjoying the outdoors a little bit more then to spend time on here and jib jab. i know im not here nearly as often, but i still come here at least once everyday. times just a changing

i can just feel that sometime, theres gonna be this wave of new comers that will try to take over the forums. when that comes, we're gonna have to get our bayonets ready and prepare to fight em off.

20. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

I haven't been on as much lately because I simply have been way too busy to. Semester's almost over, though.