The Hidden Message In Disney's Film, Frozen

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Mountain Valley Wolf, Nov 3, 2015.

?

What is the metaphoric message behind Anna's getting married to the first man she meets in the Disne

1. That girls should not give up their virginity to the first man that offers to take it.

30.0%
  2. That girls should not give up their virginity before their older sisters do.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. That girls should overcome all family and society induced guilt and inhibitions before giving up the

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. That girls should simply let it go, let it go--let their virginity go.

20.0%
  5. Nothing. I'm just pulling your leg, and tyring to get a laugh by dragging an innocent children's fil

60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I see it as a Rorschach test

what you see in things reveals a lot about yourself.

1 person likes this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Rated G for Gullible..

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Bullshit.

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLd7-bXv8NA

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

:punk: satan..

6. Aerianne

OMG! They've got Orison!

Snap out of it, Orison!

Come back to your senses, Orison!

Turn off the Disney!

Save yourself!

7. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

For years I believed that ducks and mice could speak English, because of Disney's mind control.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

There was Mermaid Minnie, met her down in Madagaskar
    She would kiss me, any time that I would ask her
    Then one evening her flame of love blew out
    Blow me down and pick me up!
    She swapped me for a trout ..

1 person likes this.
  9. Aerianne

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Subliminal messages in Toy Story 3 caused Elvis and the CIA to bring down the twin towers with flying exploding hotdogs made to look like planes

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

PS:

Disney made the upcoming Star Wars movie

So no one go dissin Disney

Disney is awesome

12. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

Light Saber = phallic symbol?
    A lot of sword crossing going on.

Just kidding. I can't wait to see it.

1 person likes this.
  13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm gonna watch it and hope it is good as well, but shouldn't we wait on the result first :p

edit: Is Disney awesome because they were the ones who bought LucasFilm?

1 person likes this.
  14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

disney BUYS awsome, (when it isn't outright stealing it) then takes credit for it, instead of acknowledging its source.
    then sues everyone else, who dares to use their own ideas disney has stolen.

whatever the guy who started it might have been, today's disney inc. isn't an idea factory, its an idea thief.
    i remember the guy who started it. he was mostly pretty cool, even though he was also a business person,
    and business did occasionally take presidence over creativity.
    but for the most part he was creative, as much in touch with the realities of nature as his christerism would permit,
    and shared many of the same interests as i posses myself.
    his fantasies were not my fantasies, to the degree they were corrupted by his religious beliefs,
    but he usually managed to avoid making them too obvious.

today's disney inc, by extreme contrast, has only one concern and one objective, the movement of little green pieces of paper,
    and could care less about anything else. as for the 'family friendly' apron strings it still sometimes tries to hide behind,
    those have been anti-values to conciel corruption from the time the term was invented.

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Well the other day I was watching the old TV show Mr. Ed and concluded the hidden message was to beware of the dangers associated with schizophrenia

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  16. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Hmmm... I thought the hidden message for Mr. Ed was not to give a horse peanut butter...

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

before the mr ed one, there was the one about playing a beattles song backwards. this was back when they were still current. even fairly new, not more then a couple of years, to the u.s.

18. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Truth be told, I guess I can say it now (Maybe I already did, I'm not going ot og back and read all the posts on this old thread)----I was not pulling anyone's leg here. I look at movies from a phenomenological viewpoint----in other words that movies, and all forms of art, generally reflect elements of the collective subconscious of the culture that produced it. This is based on Husserl's philosophy of Phenomenology. This philosophy greatly influenced existentialism and in fact Husserl was the professor of many of the big names in Existentialism, like Sartre and Heidegger. Heidegger in fact more or less tried to carry on the legacy of phenomenology.

This does not mean that Disney was willingly forcing the concept of losing one's virginity onto the minds of young children. On the one hand, losing one's virginity is an archetypal motif of change and maturity so any movie about maturing and change can be tied to this motif. On the, the phenomenological messages in films are similar to the subconscious symbolism and messages in our own dreams in that they can be cryptic, abstract, and apply to many things other than just what they appear to be. The same holds true for the dreams of children. After all, that is the thing about symbols----they communicate with us on many different levels. Some levels are relevant and some are, some are relevant to some people, and others to others.

19. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Disney markets the same thing all of Hollywood does. They say young people you will meet this magical person. They will be perfect. Men your women will be the most beautiful women in the world. Everyone wants here and she waits around for you even if you are a nerd or fat all she wants is a nice guy and pretty men are not nice. Women a perfect man will come and fix all your problems. He will take you live in a castle. Honesty I see an issue with both sexes in this approach.

A lot of men are incels/ just bitter now since they were told they can be Shrek and the beauty queen princes will still love you. I see this entitlement so much and they are genuinely shocked when a thank you and holding the door does not get them a wife. Everyone was mean but Shrek and they never think other guys do what they do. They are never told they too have to have looks or more than basic manners. Think about how many movies you see where the ugly nerd wins just because he was nice.

Women are told they don't really have to do anything. Someday a man will fix it. It just leads to disappointment when they enter the real world.

I used to find a lot of evil conspiracy theories in Disney. Now I see they just create what makes money. They are capitalists that is all.

Mountain Valley Wolf likes this.