The hard sell.

Discussion in 'Consumer Advocacy' started by Bilby, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

In the supermarket the other day, I noticed some UHT milk that was labelled as gluten free. Well I am really glad that was stated as would I have never have known otherwise. It reminds me of the back cover of Choice magazine- published by The Australian Consumers Association - showing an advert for apples that were fat free.

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Three years later and such labeling is out of control.

What other pointless trend riding labeling have you seen?

Sugar and gluten free spice blends.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

As someone who still hasn't taken the time to figure out what gluten actually is, I had no idea that was an unnecessary label.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Halal products are pretty pathetic with their branding too.

How the hell do you halal certify soy sauce or sandwich spreads like vegemite. Lol. I used to get my sisters to send me vegemite but not anymore that it's halal certified.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Gluten is like, I was checked for an intolerance and found out I didn't have one but certain non gluten foods are better for me. Problem is gluten is found in most everything and when you specifically try a non gluten product it can be a little interesting and time to get used to. umm. Wheat and barley associated. Lol.