The Gypsy Rose website sucks

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by moonshyne, Jan 9, 2005.

1. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

they're the only people I know of that sell the fimo beads with glass in them (not like the fimo-top, glass-bottom kind, but with a see-through piece of glass stuck inside of the fimo) so I decided to browse their site.....and nearly every single image link is broken. If they wanna sell stuff I at least would like to SEE it. I'm not gonna buy anything without knowing what the hell it looks like.

Okay, I'm just ranting. It's over now. You can go about your business now :)

2. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

arrrgghhh I KNOW!!!!!
    And then when the pictures DO show, the models look really retarted..lol....sorry, i'm just ranting too :)

3. Roses are Phree

Roses are Phree Member

I completely know what you mean. Their stuff is great but their site is crap.

I tried ordering from them a few weeks ago (I'm on the mailing list so I could see from the catalogue what I was trying to get). I've never had problems with ordering from there before but this time I got no confirmation email, no nothing, so I don't think it went through... I'd order again but I'd hate having to pay twice just in case it did. Has this happened to anyone?

4. Mistress_Sassafras

Mistress_Sassafras Member

I'm still waiting for my catalogue that I requested from them close to 3 months ago.

5. Roses are Phree

Roses are Phree Member

To be honest, I haven't gotten one since summer '03, now that I think of it. Are they out of business or on hiatus or something? It'd explain the lack of catalogues and my order, not to mention their site's state of disrepair.

6. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

darn those gypsies and their roses

7. ThrftShopSweater

ThrftShopSweater Member

yeah that site pisses the hell outta me... the models do look retarted

8. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

It seems like if they were out of business, they'd get rid of their site. Why would you want to continue pating for a site that was no longer making any money? Or at the very least, they might have had a "going-out-of-business" sale to get rid of the rest of their shit.

It took me six months to get a catalog from them once. I know it's a little sneaky, but my mother-in-law ordered one of their wholesale catalogs (she gave them a fake business #) and they sent it to her really quick. I guess they get excited from the idea of people ordering in bulk. haha, that catalog made me wish I owned some kind of hippie store, because it was unbelievable cheap....that's saying alot, because their prices are pretty reasonable already (compared to most other prices of "hippie" clothes) and I was tempted to buy everything in it.

I just wish they'd get their shit straight.

9. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Yeah, It took about months for me to get the catalog I ordered. I went and ordered it 5 more times because I wondered if my request had ever gone though. I havent ordered anything from them yet, but I'm wondering...do they just do a winter/summer catalog? That would make sense but I'm just curious as to when I should expect the next one. How often do they change out their stuff?
    and yeah, the website is horrible.

10. mountaingirl

mountaingirl Member

yeah, i don't bother going to the site...the hell with that, man! i've had weird delays getting catalogues too, but lately i've gotteneach season...i guess it just depends on their mood. who knows?:p

11. mountaingirl

mountaingirl Member

meanwhile, has anyone entered their contest for the cover design?

12. autumngrl

autumngrl Member

I got a catalog in Nov. for the winter issue.I haven't ordered anything in it yet,but it did take a long time for them to send me the catalog........

13. Roses are Phree

Roses are Phree Member

Alright, so they're not out of business. I guess the order just didn't go through. I'll try again later, but definitely not by their website. Thanks for clearing this up, folks.

14. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

I have! Didn't win though...

15. paix

paix Senior Member

I ordered the catalog like 5 times too! I finnaly called and they told me that they mail them in bulk, so they wait untill they have enough and send them all out, wierd but whatever.

I went to thier store in Santa Cruz last year, oh man, I wanted to live there! So amazing, but damned if I can afford even the catalog prices. I did get a super cute short dress that I wear over pants that I love though :)

16. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

They are as far as I know still in business....I got their winter catalogue in November ( actually I got two !) .....I like their stuff...and compared to prices in the UK their stuff is cheap.....but I have had trouble with the one order I placed, they got some of the things I had ordered muddled and as I was charged an enormous amount in customs charges in this country on top of the order price.....it seemed too much of a hassle to send the things back.
    When they do reply to e-mails they are pleasant and courteous, and I guess I am the only person who actually likes their models:p ......they look like real people to me.

17. autumngrl

autumngrl Member

I think the prices are too much. I would love to order some things but honestly I can't afford a lot of their stuff.

18. urbangal

urbangal Member

I ordered the catalog, got it months later which was cool beans with me as it takes me forever to decide. So I take it that its better to order a lot in order to get it faster. Guess I better send in my first order list. I'll be doing their stuff through the mail, making a copy of my list and calling if I don't see squat in 6-8 weeks. I'm patient but I'm a pain in the arse if things don't arrive in a reasonably timely manner. I happen to be in no hurry this time since most things I'm ordering is going on my new wheels. Lucky them.
    urby

19. GlassGuru

GlassGuru Member

Have you checked into dichroic glass pendants? They rock more than fimo beads anyday!