The Growing Menace Of discarded Face Mask and Gloves litter!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Boozercruiser, Jul 21, 2020.

1. I am a Healing Thyself Health Freak...love love love to NOT go to doctors.... keeping my eyes healthy with my eye supports and no eye diseases at 82.... I do NOT get any vaccines, keep my immune system strong by ME. No toxic drugs injected into my body.

And on allergies, I have not used a pharma drug in over 25 yrs since getting on Grape Seed Extract, and I was the allergy, sore throat queen....no more.....

And I don't worry about some dust.

And to each his own, talk about differences.....

2. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

I also have COPD so need an oxygen concentrator at night.
    Not exactly a clean freak but in your shoes I might be.
    I have diabetes too.
    I was in the hospital for two months earlier this year for an infection and pneumonia.
    Ain't it fun getting decrepit?
    I'm happy to be here though.
    I had 4 COVID19 tests and a flu shot in the hospital.

3. Check the Health group as I posted about Fauci's latest,,,he takes Vit C and D...and I'd take it to the bank that MANY MD's do but push drugs on the people for pharma profits....Sad:rage:

4. We don't have to get decrepit....your conditions can be so reduced with supplementations..I've been supplementing since my early 50's and nothing decrepit about me....except this narley surgery damage for hip replacement...another mess by medicine world.

I'm sure you take the drugs for the 2 issues, but there are a lot of adjunct supports to go along with them and reduce the volume of drugs. No doctor here, but I've been studying and researching this healing world for decades.

5. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

I would like to be able to ditch the insulin. I lost weight and was able to reduce my dosage but still need the stuff.

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

If Covid led to a bacterial attack on your lungs, you could have a hard time. Over the years, you have probably been prescribed antibiotics, so the resultant catch 22 situation only adds to the problems. Without doubt, you need to take care.
    Unless you have been advised to the contrary, I would suggest 60,mg of vitamin C a few times a week to maintain your immune system, along with a 500,mg shock dose at any signs of a cold or flue.

As I am sure that you are aware, my posts have been in order to help people understand the full situation, but I always mention that while the media are about as much use as a paper bag in a thunderstorm, I would never question genuine medical advice.

ZenKarma likes this.
  7. 60mg Vit C a few times a week!!! Some days I take 2-3K Vit C and I have not had a cold, flu or vaccines in 30-40 yrs.......

ZenKarma likes this.
  8. I was in a hospital and rehabs (3) for 4.5 months end of 2016-early 2017...for a knee issue and I kept falling and could not stand for months, and it took doctors 2.5 months to FIND the infection,,,then it was 2.5 months of abx IV drip....it was a nightmare, worst in my 82 yrs on this earth. I've lost more and more faith in the medical world and I had lost a lot before this issue....the infection was I'm sure from a knee injection for arthritic knee...doctor hit a bad place...it HURT a lot. Then the falling started.

Anyway, in the last rehab, a young girl was brought in who had skyhigh diabetes and had lost a leg I believe due to auto accident (drinking)....she told me her story. Very sad and she was a mother of 3 young kids and of course insulin daily.

I don't have sugar issues but use a LOT OF CONTROL on what I put in my mouth.

ZenKarma likes this.
  9. wilsjane

This completely confuses me, since the current flue vaccination has no antibodies to combat covid 19.
    Following ANY vaccination the immune system virtually shuts down for 21 days while the antibodies adjust, leaving the patient wide open to any amount of infection not covered by the vaccine.
    Unless your covid tests included a blood analysis that showed that you have already recovered from the virus, leaving you with a good level of immunity, a normal flue vaccination strikes me as complete and reckless stupidity.
    Was your vaccination prescribed by an infectious diseases consultant,???? or were you being included in the clinical trials for a covid inclusive vaccine.????

10. wilsjane

The human body absorbs around 30,mg of vitamin C per day, surplus is disposed of via your kidneys.when is enters your blood.
    With 2,000,mg of ascorbic acid floating around, I am hardly surprised that you suffer from arthritis.
    Was the consultant who dealt with your knee aware of this self medication overdosing.???? It could well have been behind the resultant infection.

ZenKarma likes this.
  11. There is so much info on higher doses of Vit C for arthritic issues....My joint mess which is worse worse worse from a hip replacement 10 yrs ago...whole body changed with cutting out my bones and putting in metal and plastic.

How Vitamin C helps treat Arthritis - Studies ✓ Dosages ✓ Side-Effects ✓

There are many links on this Vit C and arthritis.

A friend on another health group put me on to Amla and I take probably 1 capsule daily also.

Amla - Benefits and Side Effects « Herbs List

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2020
  12. wilsjane

I am not questioning for one moment the need for the CORRECT level of Vitamin C in your body as PART of your battle against arthritis.
    However, taking 300 times the required dose will OBVIOUSLY put considerable strain on the organs that maintain the correct level in your bloodstream.

In the article that you posted the link to, this is by far the most relevant paragraph.

Only two years after this report by Vitale and colleagues, another case emerged. In 2011, three patients were studied who were suffering from vitamin C deficiency in the midst of a large city in the United States3. All patents exhibited severe rheumatologic symptoms.

An in-depth survey of the patients showed an acute shortage of ascorbic acid due to lack of fruit and vegetable intake. Symptoms such as joint inflammation were easily treated when vitamin C intake improved.

The authors noted that alcoholics, or people with psychological disorders, may experience vitamin C deficiency due to their poor nutritional status. These people may present rheumatic symptoms. Thus, doctors need to clarify if a vitamin C deficiency is the principal cause of joint ailments.

Vitamin C produces an environment where the body can create lubricants, it has no DIRECT affect on the joint.
    In fact, obtaining vitamins from eating too much citrus fruit can actually remove the lubricants from a joint.

Along with cod liver oil, chondroitin, and glucosamine, often sold in combination, help preserve the lubrication of joints.
    But PLEASE don't order 6 months supply and eat the whole bottle at once. :yum::yum::yum:

13. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

Every where I go now I see it. Masks and even gloves just dumped. On a recent trip up north (Scotland) I stopped in a very remote location(kodac moment) and found these things dumped. It getting worse. Really ignorant and lazy.

ZenKarma likes this.
  14. In all my years of working with supplements there is NO RDA for all people in general. I've checked the RDA on so many foods and supplements and it's pathetic how LOW the RDA comes in....one major one is Potassium which many do suffer from low potassium....and RDA is pretty high considering all the info. Low potassium in our bodies causes FATIGUE for starters.

I've done a lot of studying on the benefits of higher dosing of many nutrients....

And in my life, I started to do my supplementing after menopause (change of life time)....everything declines....FACT...

And the masks and gloves issue, none are from me as I've used NONE.....

And again last night I heard a radio presentation from a PhD from the UK on the scam of all this covid stuff....which I caught on in early March.

15. Here is recommendation info on Vit C from Dr. Linus Pauling:

Pauling Recommendation

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Good sources of vitamin D:

Salmon, Herring, Sardines, Tuna, Cod liver oil

Egg yolk, Mushrooms

17. Yes, there are food sources, but MILLIONS around the world are D deficient and one has to eat all day and piles of these foods...

Supplementing is wonderful....cheap good health.