the grand bus ride

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by sickcharlie, Jun 18, 2006.

1. sickcharlie

sickcharlie Member

so i am about to embark on what i think to be the worst ride on my life. i trip to the boondocks. a trip to hell on earth where there where would be no music no drugs no love no joy in general. i arrive at the bus station at 3:30 in the morning only to sit in the dark for an hour and a half. i had to lug a 50 pound bag with enough clothes to last me for 3 months with me and all the shit i would need to survive you know like deodorant soap detergant blah blah blah. finally the grey hound arrives and i set of on the mission set forth by fate and misfortune. we stop several times and between each time i sleep but one time something tells me to stay awake and i meet this girl. she doesnt look like yer typical hippie girl but it turns out she had been touring since she was 7 and had seen the dead more times than she could count. she even knew some of my friends. we had a few stops together and toked and bought some food. we talked of past shows and of the good times wed have in the future. we talked of our good and bad times and what wed do when wed part. we talk of our firsts and what we had and hadnt done. that dreary and awful bus ride turned into the best trip i ever took even though it was taking me to hell. that one person changed my life and is still doing it today.

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I'm sure you'll have fun anyway....

3. Any Color You Like

Any Color You Like Senior Member

You never know who you can meet on the road to hell...
    Oh and what's boondocks?

4. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

sounds sweet, i love meeting people like that by chance. it's always lame when you have to go your seperate ways, though.

5. hemp726

hemp726 Member

isnt that a comic strip?

6. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

I thought he was talking about acid until I read it.

7. sickcharlie

sickcharlie Member

boondocks is the middle of no where and i wish i was talking about acid...oh btw i am a girl

8. Any Color You Like

Any Color You Like Senior Member

Ayahuasca, i love your sig pic! Where did you found it?

9. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

10. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

buses can be hell but i love them n love goin round the country on them.... i misse d out on the hitchhiking of the seventies and i look at it as a safer way to hitch hike today..... n its the folks i meet on them that make it that way.... they all leave a lil piece of them with me n i hope i do with them,,,,

n when ya take busrides with the safe hitchhike theory,,,, the stops n delays n shit take on a different meaning,,, one never expects to hitch hike n be to said destination in real time,,,,;)