The Good Earth Food Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Church of the Good Earth' started by shameless_heifer, May 30, 2012.

1. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator Super Moderator

This is the start page for The Good Earth Food Conspiracy

2. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

I remember Kelly ringing on door bells, like a surprise. No specific day of the week and schedule, or time of day. Just a surprise unexpected visit.

He'd walk in and ask you if you had an egg order. Some apartments didn't have it organized and if he was talking to you, you would run around the rooms to see if anyone was home, and to chip in. Flaky.

If your space had in together you would have your order all together for him. Your room mates or whatever would have decided and written down how much. The food stamps and cash would be in the kitchen all collected.

Kelly's trip, because he owned a vehicle and most others did not, Kelly was a mechanic by trade, Kelly's trip was to do food runs out to the commercial wholesale food markets in the southeast part of San Francisco. He did it all on his own. Once every other week. When he had a little free time.

He would buy boxes of flats of eggs. A flat I believe is 12 by 12, cardboard egg crate square thing. I don't know how many flats stack up in a cardboard box.
    He would get as many flats as were ordered.

One time I asked him why and how he got started. He said that there were lots of single moms scrimping and on food stamps. That if he could only help to make part of their money go twice as far in a month, that it would make a difference in their lives and in their kids lives.

He said they didn't have cars and that he did, and that you could only get half priced eggs if you bought them in bulk. Not just one dozen at a time.
    So, you can picture that if a dozen eggs would cost say a dollar a dozen, you would get your eggs at 50 cents a dozen. So, then maybe you and three other roommates (people) would spend 2 bucks and get 4 dozen eggs for two weeks. Something like that.

He would run around to a dozen or two dozen apartments, flats, and houses to get orders and the money, then go out a buy two and a half boxes of eggs, then he'd run around the whole neighborhood delivering two and a half dozen here, and a dozen and a half there. A whole lot of running and climbing stairs. Wow.

Kelly was the coolest. He died hang gliding, at Fort Funston beach, in southwest San Francisco, many years ago. He was an instructor. Accidents can and do happen. Kelly was cool and I'm very glad that I know him. Actually live at his flat for a short while.

3. shameless_heifer

Great memory Kenny.

I remember someone coming into Underhouse and asking if we had our 'list' ready for ' Meg'.

Meg was a moving van type truck they made their pickups and deliveries in. Meg was very versatile and she was used for many things. The FC was just one of her many tasks.

4. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

Yeah,

You should get Ranger on the Food Conspiracy topic. He's got max stuff.

5. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Was most likely the best VW mech in SF although his degree was as an Efficiency Engineer. Kelly not only did eggs, but also honey and some dairy products. He once took me along on a visit to a wholesale dairy outlet in the inner city. For honey and sometimes eggs Kelly would take off in his VW bug and search Marin, Sanoma, and other northern counties for farmers he could cut a deal with. btw...Kelly wasn't merely a hang gliding instructor, he owned the hang gliding shop out by the zoo.

6. nomadcharlie

nomadcharlie Member

above ground,charlie is my name i lived at 439 cole and at other places in and around sf n bizzerkly.to the brothers and sisters,gone ,and still with us much love.

7. Ranger

Welcome Charlie. I lived around the corner almost a block east on Oak.

8. nomadcharlie

nomadcharlie Member

aho bro,i rember you sounds like someone i new ,i worked on the concerts in park and bazzerly scureaty i do not spell very well,yer bro charlie

9. nomadcharlie

nomadcharlie Member

what up with cass from 439 cole,spencer ,done photos, from events and things that was going on in the hight,cops trying to stop the trips,would like see some,how bout larry wissman,chirs crom debby dounut oak st floks any one rember les,sterling, thire are so many .love charlie

10. nomadcharlie

nomadcharlie Member

tom shootout on page st. many many more?,much love charlie

11. Ranger

12. nomadcharlie

nomadcharlie Member

i will try,would not go like to go but only so fast have gone fer a day or too/

13. nomadcharlie

nomadcharlie Member

ranger my bro,i do have no other ,then what is my head iwas thire with others ,icould right a book/ would i shure wold but dont know how , what ever is going on with kids , dont think yer alone ,at 68 i have a teenagger 16 she is very good in the head. grades have gone way up. Well if knew i would live this long .i would have taken better care of thease bones,to all you brothers add sisters out thire ,know that my soul n hart is with you ,it is to all how things go ,I love tou all and wish nothing but well to all out thire,you know Iam with you ,STP yer bro charlie STP

14. nomadcharlie

nomadcharlie Member

i FEEL LIKE stp got uot n every things stop,ed ,I wish you all well in this thing ,i will b here forever and a day charlie STP

15. shameless_heifer

Hey Charlie,
    Everything is cool. you just got caught up inna time warp. Try posting in the main forum of The Church Of The Good Earth. More ppl post there.

16. nomadcharlie

nomadcharlie Member

tryed over n over is it me or ?charlie

17. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

what is the food conspiracy?

18. shameless_heifer

19. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

thank you, its having trouble loading though

20. hillbillyhippy