The fall of the American empire

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bird_migration, Apr 15, 2013.

1. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Great comparisons. I could write a few pages on how this is a different situation than any you mentioned. But I would rather enjoy my cold nose brown ale.

And the only one here that has a perception fully created by the American media is you. If you didn't realize, I grew up here and have met thousands of Americans in my life. Have you even visited the US as a tourist? Additionally, I am probably just as well read, if not more than you. And I don't pay attention to the media unless I want to laugh.

2. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Do wooden shoes make a person bitter?

3. broony

broony Banned

If you come to America, make sure you come in the fall, as its beautiful and bird hunting season starts.

4. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Oh please, great and almighty 'deviate', write a few pages on how it is different. Is it because we have the internet now or because hamburgers are your national food?
    Enlighten me please, for I am in dire need of your opinion. You grew up there, so I am sure you have all the inside information about how nationstates work and why yours will never become bankrupt. And also why other nations can not rise to power and challenge your blessed nation.

5. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I don't know, do you wear wooden shoes then?

6. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Maybe after my ale(s).

And our national food is pizza. Duh.

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Ah, another thing you stole from Europe.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Bird, you do realize that America exists because conditions were not that great in Europe at various points in time, right? You can't really talk shit about America not having an identity because that is our identity. The Dutch guy I know decided America is better than his motherland for whatever reason. The same with the Pakistanis, Egyptians, Germans, and Russians I know.

Also, because America is a melting pot and a country of immigrants, our cuisine is actually delicious. I can sample food from all over the world whenever I want.

9. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Same here. What is your point?

10. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

I wouldn't want to see the US fall. I don't like the idea of a world controlled by a fascist government like China, or caste religious nuts as in India. I wouldn't mind if Brazil takes the lead though, or maybe the EU if they let go of their welfare bad habits.

11. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

We have the lowest rate of poor people and yet the highest standard of living anywhere in the world and you call it welfare bad habits?
    What is wrong about caring for other people instead of leaving them to rot?

12. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach him to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Caring for people is what any government should do, but its how you do it that matters. You can be receiving a check in the mail every month from your government and spending it to support your unproductive existence (which only harms others if you care), OR given access to resources, education and whatever you need for free in order to succeed and be able to feed yourself and perhaps others.
    I think the latter option is the most responsible.

13. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

It's not that black and white and as long as there is unemployment and diseases I think it's a good thing that we take care of others.
    And it doesn't necessarily harm others if the government supports you, it might only harm others if there would be enough jobs.
    Ofcourse housing, food, healthcare and education should be top priority. Which it is in the Netherlands, although things are changing here too and not in everyone's interest, just in the interest of the rich.

14. deviate

deviate Senior Member

The only reason you say that, bird, is because you have no way to take care of yourself. So you need the government to care for you.

Anyone who makes their own money can be compassionate sure, but doesn't declare the things you do.

15. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Sure, make assumptions about me. I had days where I made more money than you probably make in a year. So keep bringing it up, it seems to be your only way to attack me on my social views. :2thumbsup:

16. deviate

deviate Senior Member

Exactly, had. Big winnings or drug sales is far different from steady livelihood.

17. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

You have the typical average working class hero mentality. Scared to leave your average job and no sense of adventure. Quick to judge and very set in your ways. Probably need drugs and alcohol to escape your sad life. Thinking you are so very special, just to give your life importance.
    If that works for you, fine. Be that way, but accept that there are people out there who live their life not according to your set rules.

Don't get me wrong, the world needs 'deviates'. I am sure many a government is happy with a person like you.

18. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

19. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

So when I am making assumptions you come here and defend your buttbuddy, but when he does that you don't jump in to defend me?

Tsk tsk Rat, I thought better of you.

20. deviate

deviate Senior Member

You're right in a sense but that's because I never had a mommy and daddy or a government to support me.

But, my life is not sad I live in a sunny vacation destination. I have great friends, have beautiful women around me, and everything I need materially.

And I am biding my time as far as traveling and mobility goes. But I'm also getting to the point I'd like a wife and family, so who knows, that may never happen. At the end of the day, I can take pride in the knowledge that I take care of myself and I determine my own destiny. Nobody hands me shit, unlike you (which is obvious).