The face of 'Merkan authority

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by SunLion, Aug 25, 2005.

1. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I guess your mind is made up and being reasonable is not going to happen.. oh well... i tried.

2. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

I don't think it's reasonable to shock someone who's already been thrown to the ground and restrained by police.

3. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Ok but would you go as far as 'fascist police' .. It is not that clear in [regards to the full situation] what happened. My major point is the use of this footage [with selective editing]to prove some point .

*looks at it again*

If i was given that as 'evidence' i would not be happy to place the blame on anybody to be honest with you.. The use of these tasers is one thing , the OTT notions of 'fasict police' is a bit ridiculous.

Look into it , it is the company that is being taken to court by police officers concerned with its use.

4. Pointbreak

Pointbreak Banned

Yeah its a bit convenient the way the video starts right when she is about to get tasered. No context.

5. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

so what was your point ? . question= do you personally agree with the using of tasars mathew ? .

6. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Not perfect by any means.. but yeah.

7. paulfreespirit

have you thought about the effect it could have on people who have weak hearts etc etc . argggg fuck it mathew you thomas the tanker " why not put fucken jump leads on everyone and be done with it .....i"m goin the pub.

8. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Of course i have.. thats why i said it was not perfect.

9. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah its a bit convenient the way the video starts right when she is about to get tasered. No context.

I wonder at what point the context becomes relevant. If it shows her resisting arrest, that would be relevant. But so would the events leading up to her arrest- and even the events leading up to the demonstration itself.

While I really don't know the whole story, the bottom line is that a president lied us into a war which will now cost, according to the latest estimate out of Harvard, 1.4 trillion US dollars. I think that might have been a relevant factor if that's what she was protesting.

We probably won't agree on which is more harmful- wearing a bandana and acting loud and disorderly, or starting a lie-based war for profit that kills uncounted tens of thousands of people- but I'm sorry to say that most Americans are happy with any outcome that ends with someone else dying or crying.

10. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Erm the person in the back ground and millions of other people managed to air there point of view with out being 'tasered' none of her views are being 'tasered' , just her reaction to being arrested. The notion of it being all about 'fascist police' would be of no merit , if the full incident showed her being a prat. IMho it all rests on the point at wich we got to see these events..and the motives for only having a fraction of this event ..

SORRY for butting in :&

11. paulfreespirit

another question mathew "so not perfect" its not perfect then IS it ? . therefore one or more should not use it (would this be correct in your way of thinking ? ) point is "example " if yer had a iffy kettle im sure we / me /you /whoever/ and trevor would have to be fuckin stupid and daft as a brush to use it would"nt we.. so if its not perfect we/ all / shoud"nt use it .so tassers are not perfect are they ? . so whoever "should"nt keep using them .....should they . jeeeez la logics

12. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Giving each individual a medical checkup before they were 'tasered' is not going to happen.

Not perfect as in each individual is erm a individual the 'risk' is the 'not perfect' part. Through research the 'risks' have been evaluated [like everything with the public being a factor in...] and the 'risks' are miniscule .. The sheer physical 'man handling' and that persons reluctance to be 'subdued' could bring about a heart attack..
    Do you think people being arrested should be just asked to do as is being asked and if not then the cops should say 'meh alright dude, whatever'. Notice the person at the back of the video co-operating [like 95% of people do]... thats all she needed to do , but nooooooo.

If this person did not need to do what he did , and it was unprovoked [if she was co-operating] then fair enough , that person should be dealt with accordingly.. We won't know though , because of the manipulative way this footage is being presented.

13. paulfreespirit

cop out toss pot ...........can you now answer my question in one word yes or no ? let me illiterate "if its not perfect should it be used ?

14. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I answered you already.. call it a 'cop out' if you want.. sometimes a yes or no answer is not enough.