the F word

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by alex714, Apr 10, 2007.

1. alex714

alex714 To the Left

Does anyone here not concern themselves with the future? Be it a year from now or 10 years or 20 years from now? Has anyone completely removed themselves from worrying or fantasising about the future? Or maybe you never were the kind of person to the think of it. When or if you do, do you feel optimistic or......like it will be hell? or something unpleasant....maybe even horrible? is it a heavy weight that makes breathing difficult for you? If you truly don't care about the future, about what it means in the large and small scheme of things, where you are going or having to make something of yourself, then youve got something figured out that Im looking for.

:stunned:

2. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

When I think of the future I think beyond myself because I know there are huge changes coming that are going to affect everyone. The world we are living in will be vastly different even 10 years from now, and to those who closely follow what's going on, this doesn't sound as extreme as it might to some people who are more concerned with themselves versus the world they live in.

3. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Other than my life after this one, I have no concern for the future. Never have, even before I found out about Krsna. And I dont have fear either, I just wish to know him :) I know I am may go back to jail for a while, and I know I am going to miss my son and miss out on hims growing up if I do go back, but what can I do? Have fear? No way, have love :)

4. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Nothing suprises me Rat, but I know what your saying to be the truth. Just that, it doesnt suprise me. My email is Prepare_the_children for a reason ;)

5. alex714

alex714 To the Left

I think of both (myself and the world at large). And, then it all gets really bleak.

6. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I don't worry about the world as a whole as I have no control. I have no doubt that if I live another 30 years, i will see some drastic world events. I have had the feeling since i was a little kid that the world was at a turning point and big changes would be in store.

As far as personally, i am rather optimistic. I feel I am on a better path than before, and that there are things I can accomplish.

The only stress the future really gives me are health related. I get paranoid about dying and disease.

7. logicalway

logicalway Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You think like me, with the exception of the world in whole.

End conflict in the world, and more resources can be steered toward drastic events that may occur, whether good or bad, bringing about changes that are optimistic, accomplishing things people know they can do but don't...and dying and disease will occur less often.

8. alex714

alex714 To the Left

Yeah, that gets to me too, especially lately. Going to the doc next week for a check up though, that should help me feel a little better (about the disease part). She cant really do anything about stopping death.

9. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I guess in the past I didn't think about the future so much. Now I think about the future a lot... in fact, most things I do are because of some future benefit.

10. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I feel the same way to a certain extent or more so, I see the writing on the wall as you see it. When I read that writing though, I am much more concerned with my own mortality and state of being. It's selfish I know, but the more I learn and and to an extent am 'scared' about the direction the world is going - the more I focus on getting the best out of life I possibly can before it ceases to exist as we know it.

I can only do so much to prevent what I feel is the inevitable. Why I am here, I'm gonna embrace this life I have and those that I love around me and make it the best life I can for all of us why I still have that chance.

11. broony

broony Banned

ALways think of the future. I plan shit out like crazy. Works ^^

12. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I've never been to concerned with the future before recently. I was always the type of person to fly by the seat of my pants and wait for everything to come to me...but things have happened in my life that requires me to care about my future and think about it A LOT more.

13. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I can't think past a couple of years from now. I used to look really far ahead but I don't have that self-control anymore. I don't know if the present got better or if I lack the motivation I used to have. I could just see myself staying in my same job, staying in san diego and living a spiffy, easy life.
    I am also kind of a bad person because I don't think of the world around me and how it is going to change. The only thing I think about in regards to the enviorment is whether or not the beach will still be clean enough to relax on still. But I do try through action to make things less horrible.

14. joe

joe Banned

when i was in high school i used to stay awake in the night dreading the problems id face the next day, week, month, year, decade. Maybe it didnt help that also at a young age my mom decided to tell me a little twisted fucked up bedtime story about the book of revelations and that one day in the future jesus will come down from the heavens and kebab me with his holy sword where i will burn for all eternity with a flaming stick up my ass. I wish i was making this up, i dont know why she told me but she did it and it scarred me for the next 8 years.

That whole ordeal taught me to completly forget about worrying about the future, if you got a goal go for it, shit will eventually happen and fuck up your life and you'll be back on the bottom again and its your choice to climb back up, ya can wallow around at the bottom for awhile but at some point it gets boring.

15. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I've been thinking about my future a lot lately coz there are so many changes happening in my life at the moment. Finishing uni in less than a month, having to decide where to go next, if I wanna stay in England or move somewhere else, what do I wanna do after uni, with my life... it's scary. But it's also kinda cool because there are so many exciting choices.

16. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i feel like KozmicBlue, though i graduate from my uni in a year...i dont know whwt to do next....where to go...i'm a kind of person who never knows for sure what he wants....

so all these thoughts about my future are rather painful

still i think much about it

i wish i didnt, but....

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It's not my primarily concern, but I do care about it of course.

18. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

my focus is on what is here right now.
    i'm looking forward to the next four months
    because i have a feeling it will be great, and i know where i'll be.
    and i'm kind of thinking what i'll do in summer,
    but i won't be not sure till it's there.
    so, that's how far i'm looking into the future.

i don't even want to know what will happen in ten or twenty years.

it'll probably be there one day.
    but i want to be happy now.
    so why worry about the future.

19. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

^^what rat said...

although also i dont like falling into the trap of only envisioning disaster. Im generally optimistic about the future, enlightenment, new ways of seeing, all that stuff. Darkest before the dawn

20. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

exactly how I feel. I am not ignorant to the stuff going on in the world...underground shit, global stuff....all kinds of ugly nastiness...i am just doing my best to have a good time and to be the love so that I at least have my own sanity when it starts getting really insane.