The Expanse

Discussion in 'The Media' started by GeorgeJetStoned, Mar 16, 2018.

1. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

Most futuristic space crap is the same, a bunch of people, a singular villain, weird lights and lots of floating. This series has some of that, but it's much deeper. What I appreciate is the premise, humanity centuries into space travel to the point that Earth and Mars are rivals. Between them are the people of the asteroid belt (referred to as Belters) who are the lower class the rest use and abuse.

While there are several interesting characters, I have to say that Frankie Adams character, who plays Martian soldier Bobbie Draper is well written. The character is drawn into a government conspiracy and chooses duty over honor (yes, there's a difference when politicians are pulling the strings).

Another excellent role is Thomas Jane who plays detective Josephus Miller though I think they apply the old fashioned "gumshoe" routine just a bit too thick. But it's still a cool character.

Once again the faults of humans are front and center but in this case, there are no aliens integrated into society. It's just people being people. A cool effect is watching a bird fly on one of the asteroid stations. The gravity is lower, so the bird only has to flap wings every so often to stay aloft.

My only gripe, not enough passion, sex or mood alteration.

2. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

From a bad series of Books cometh a bad TV show.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

this didnt grab me.. but C for effort..

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I like it

new season starts tonight

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i totally forgot about this

guess ill binge watch latest season if/when its over