The Exorcist

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Corvuspirit, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Corvuspirit

Corvuspirit Member

still my personal fave movie...it scared the crap out of me as a young boy...and there are scenes that still chill even after all these years.

the other scary flick from my boyhood was "It (came from outer space)"...the remake of which, by John Carpenter, was equally scary. but the original b&w film was pretty cutting edge for its time.

~corvuspirit

2. kif

kif Member

I didnt see The Exorcist until "The Version You've Never Seen" was released on DVD. I smoked a bowl, turned out the lights and cranked up the surround sound. The lights came back on after I watched it............for the rest of the night. I guess smoking some herb before, during and after didnt help me with my paranoia.

3. sara_rose

sara_rose Ice Queen

I don't get why people think that movie is scary! I was laughing my ass off the entire time, it's so bad!! Specially when the girl's head starts to spin and shit.. haha wow, that's just too funny :D

4. Beyond-the-Clouds

Beyond-the-Clouds Senior Member

It's based on a true story and that's scary although I'm too scared to see it. I hear it has some kick ass music though.

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

apparently it was based off this boy who was possessed by the devil, and the catholic church had to try to exorcise the demon from the kids body...... this all happened at st louis university, and apparently there is a room where alot of this exorcism took place which is all locked up, and no one can get into it.... there is crazy things in that room , or so I hear....... like things written on the wall, that cant be removed, no matter how hard you scrub, it just reappears....... and things like that..

6. XeuphoricXmindX

XeuphoricXmindX Member

the old one sacred the fuck outta me....
    (i was only 6 :( )
    and now... this movie has moved to my
    comedy favs. :) me and my friends watch it where high...
    its so fucking funny....

7. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

the power of christ compells you!

8. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

It was ok

I didn't think it was too scary, even on a projector screen.

9. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

i donno...i wasn't really scared when i was watching it, but when i went to sleep, i jsut kept seeing that face that pops up. *shivers* that's what scared me.

10. XeuphoricXmindX

XeuphoricXmindX Member

fuck no.... :p

11. XeuphoricXmindX

XeuphoricXmindX Member

hell yea thats what scared me too..... :&

12. Trickster

Trickster Misfit

Did anyone see the parody Linda Blair did with Leslie Nielson? I can't remember the name but it was so funny.

Usually when you see old horror movies, the special effects are terrible and they're almost funny to watch. This movie however, still has that thrill in the dark.

13. hippiewise

hippiewise Member

the original excorsist scared me so much. it was a classic.
    angel

14. eminemchick

eminemchick Member

what a brilliant film i love it the directors uncut was even better and scarier