The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Atom bomb therapy, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Atom bomb therapy

Atom bomb therapy Member

This movie scared the shit out of me. Did you guys see it?

2. JavaJade

JavaJade Member

I saw it. It scared me the night I saw it because I walked into my apartment and noticed the smell of burnt popcorn and my sister started talking to me in her sleep. The next morning she had no memory of that. But, I don't think that movie was very good. The old one made such a big impact because it had special effects which no one had ever seen before. I don't really believe she was possessed. I think she was just a homely girl who read her bible a little too much and couldn't handle college/growing up.

3. Atom bomb therapy

Atom bomb therapy Member

its a possibility. It still scared my ass though.

4. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

scared me. scariest part was in the barn when shes talking wtih multiple voices....that was awesome. About those evil people and shit. Ive never heard anything like that before....i thought the movie was exceptional. But i can still see how someone would not like it. Considering its about the trial and all. But i thought it was a great film.

5. Atom bomb therapy

Atom bomb therapy Member

yeah dude when all the lights go out in there and all you can see is the twinkles in her eyes. That was nutts. And when she was on the dorm room floor. I dug it.

6. WharfRat

WharfRat Member

it didnt really scare me when i watched it...i thought it was an o.k. movie and pretty creepy at parts...and the night i watched it i was having bad dreams about it and i woke up kinda flailing around because of the dream and it was a little past 3 o'clock which i thought was freaky because of its significance in the movie

7. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

it really wasnt that scary, but more frightening than anything. When shes stuck in those weird positions and shes just like lookin at her friend in the dorm....NUTS! But there isnt those jumpy parts and all that, that are usually in horror films.

8. RockGoddess

RockGoddess Beautiful Disaster

It scared the hell outta me! When I got home from watching it I wouldn't even go in my own house alone! For like 2 weeks after seeing it no matter how i tried to forget the whole experience, something would remind me of it and I would get creeped out again. 3 am would freak me out if I happend to be awake at that time. lol I hated when she would start counting "one, two, three, four, five, sssssix". Scary movies don't scare me at all, but this one seriously disturbed me.

9. eminemchick

eminemchick Member

i realy enjoyed this film i hated it when she kept getting possed and going stiff
    *shivers* scary

10. ~AmyLeeLoo~

~AmyLeeLoo~ Member

it was very scary i must say and it takes a lot to make me feel this way.
    The thing is that this is something that can happen to anybody so, that's the scary
    part.... wow... sucks big time to be under the influence of that type of thing :S

11. Mr_squirrel

Mr_squirrel Member

it didn't seem to teribly scary really, it was a good court movie, and the few seens about the exorcism kicked ass but i thought there should have been more of them.

12. physics

physics Member

I wasn't impressed with the movie at all. I guess I've seen too many similar movies and the special effects don't move me anymore. It was O.K.

13. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

saw Emily Rose... all the scary parts in the movie were played during the commercial, so nothing was really a surprise. A bit disappointed, I was expecting it to be better.

14. pokernut951

pokernut951 Member

I was real dissappointed when I saw this movie. I felt myself being real bored. It did not live up to the hype IMHO.

15. Pool Shark

Pool Shark Member

I laughed my way through it. Especially the part where she is catatonic on floor in her dorm with her boyfriend.

My friend Jeff said loudly "Thats a motherfucking crazy Karma Sutra Emily!"

it cracked the theatre up.

16. Blinkandimgone

Blinkandimgone Member

I couldnt take it seriously after seeing that priest get attacked by the cats! one of the worst horror films ive ever had to watch. i spose the fact that it was based on a true story does make it creepier though