The Evolution Of Consciousness

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by osiris, Jul 2, 2004.

1. osiris

osiris Senior Member

The Evolution Of Consciousness
    A Metaphilosophimystical Treatise
    I will herein deal with what I call the Spheres of Human Consciousness. For the sake of categorative analysis I am going to postulate seven such spheres, corresponding anatomically with the seven chakras commonly refered to in eastern philosophies, or at least the concept of the seven(or however many) chakras to which I am accustomed. If you wish, you can postulate and percieve in your mind an infinite number, with a different attribution for each, but I prefer to keep it simple. As such, these are the seven correspondances, from the ground up(we're aspiring here, you see?):
    I. Feet-Physical Form
    II. Crotch-Biological Functioning of Physical Form
    III. Gut-Intuition/Will
    IV. Chest/Heart-Emotion
    V. Throat-Expression
    VI."Third Eye"-Intellect
    VII. "Crown"-Divine Spirit
    Let us take each one in turn:
    I. Feet-Physical Form
    The Sphere(s) at the soles(souls?) of the feet represent the actual physical form, the body that is animated by the other six Spheres. It is truly the last in death to shut down on this plane, as it takes so long to decay, to putrify. It may sound ludicrous to many, but this may be why the world could be said to be so thick with "spirits" or "ghosts", because of the way we have preserved our dead, that last Sphere decaying and powering down. Really most likely this is my fanciful imagination, but... *shudders*
    II. Crotch-Biological Functioning of Physical Form
    This is comprised of the different networks that stimulate the physical body, the rudimentary nerve senses, if you will. It has been demonstrated quite often that this can act alone without conscious applied thought or will. Want to test that theory? Drink or otherwise inebriate your self until you black out, but don't pass out. Have someone monitor you, and you may find that, though you have no recollection, you were apparently consciously moving around and in most cases wreaking havoc and making an ass of yourself. Ha! Such a fugue state could be accounted for as a state where the biological Sphere is left in control of the body while those above it are out cold. This Sphere is wherein the libido resides, of course.
    III. Gut-Intuition/Will
    This Sphere could be considered the center of the whole system, the perfect synthesis point of all the other Spheres. You must understand that each Sphere is a point that is synthesizing the energy coming directly or eventually from all the other Spheres. It is a simultaneous, symbiotic process. But more on that later. This is the Will. It is that faculty upon which judgement as to our actions must rest. Those who get caught in the mind, analyzing when they should be acting on their intuition get fukt every time. The mind must find and spend quiet times inbetween action to analyze the actions and experiences which have occured, and... well, more on that later, too.
    IV. Chest/Heart-Emotion
    I'm at a loss for words to explain emotion. We all feel it, though some of us like to pretend otherwise. I would hope that it would not need explanation. It is enough of course to say that love seems to nourish this energy center and an excess of hatred seems to putrify it, to put it simply. One could mire themselves in endless abstraction trying to explain the complexities of emotion. So...
    V. Throat-Expression
    This is a faculty all its own, though its output is dependent upon which of the two adjacent Spheres is feeding it and what is in turn feeding that Sphere. One can find themselves expressing the full fury of their emotion, whilst that emotion is fed by the will and the will may be heavily influenced(or atrophied) by the libido, as is often the case, regardless of peoples attempts to pretend otherwise, haha! One can also have the Expression fed by the Intellect. It is most desirable to Thoughtfully express Emotion, or so I would surmise, to even out input from all Spheres.
    VI. "ThirdEye"/Intellect
    Thought. Mind. The major misconception of much of civilization is that this is either the most important aspect, or the only one that truly exists. This is as assenine as any petty superstition. And where the Will is the tool for judgement, the Mind is that faculty which analyzes the experiences of the Will and its judgements as they accumulate over time. It then feeds the Will with its analysis, so that the nature of the judgements can hopefully evolve to be more beneficial for the whole. This interplay between Mind and Will is crucial, as is that of all the Spheres. Crucial that is, that you use your Mind only to analyze and your Will only to judge, if you can dig that. Discern what is the purpose of every Sphere and utilize it accordingly.
    VII. "Crown"-Divine Spirit
    If we were at a loss for words with Emotion, we're really fukt here. Ha! Words and Symbols only cheapen this, the beautiful all-permeating energy flow that is life. Many are relegated, because of the absurd attempt of so many to rely solely on the intellect, to representing this Divine Spirit with arbitrary concepts in order to connect with it. Many have gotten so lost in their intellects that they mistake the representation for the actuality. They forget, indeed, that the whole of what they are and where they are and the moment in which they occur is the actuality. So as you tread the path of this Love, leading forth with thy Will, I say that you must beware that you do not get lost in your mind, or in any other single Sphere, really. It is balance for which we should strive, a balanced flow throughout all the Spheres... of course, there is always that idea that we must know imbalance to appreciate balance...
    An Appended Remark On Preserving Our Form
    It is necessary to maintain, indeed to "care for" in every sense of the phrase, each aspect of our being. One must not embrace one aspect at the expense or rejection of any other. The problems that can manifest in any given Sphere of Human Consciousness when another is repressed or denied can be made quite apparent to any individual who dares to engage in such a self-destructive act as to purposely suppress any given Sphere. The nature of any individual is no less exact than that of its macrocosm- it's environment, Nature. Imbalances are dealt with forcibly, culminating more often than not in violence. Yet our evolution is such that the strain of opposition between man and his environment sometimes causes changes in his macrocosm, so that Nature itself adapts to the collective whims of man, on more than the apparent physiological basis. It is such that the nature of any environment gradually through enormous spans of time change according to the wills of the conscious beings that inhabit it. The whole of this is existance, with no beginning, no end. No origin, no annihilation, not really. Consciousness does indeed forget, is indeed annihilated in the oblivious infinitude of amorphous possibility again and again. But the Divine Spirit which moves through it, from which it is simultaneously manifest, inspires it to understand, and its understanding spurs its development, its evolution. Truly no part is ever seperate from the whole of this Divine Spirit, only that the forms it takes in order to regard itself change, which begs the maddening question:
    WHEN MIRROR REGARDS MIRROR,
    WHICH IS THE REFLECTION?
    Ha! So, as it stands, at least to the best of my comprehensive analysis of my observations and intuitions as well as my regard of those observations and intuitions postulated by various others throughout antiquity, we are all collectively the engineer that drives the machine of evolution as well as the fuel that feeds its engines through the process of transformation we like to think of as life and death. Of course, this is all surely artful fancy on my part, these words... but what inspires them.. well, I feel it would be best for you to just dig into that on your own and come up with your own results. ​
    many blessings, much love, healing vibrations​
    Rommial​
    Metaphilosophimystical Engineer-​
    signing off​

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm not sure i understand either the question or the concept,
    though i question whether consciousness evolves at all.
    or needs to.

though as tangable beings with all the distractions of life
    AS tangable beings we may well need to evolve or grow
    in mindfulness

i am awair of the existence of the concept of chakrahs
    but i have to admit i have never fully understood the usefulness of it

=^^=
    .../\...

3. osiris

osiris Senior Member

Valid points. Maybe it would be better if I were to call this The Consciousness of Evolution. lol. or how about the Blabla of the Blabla? lol.

much love :)

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So are you saying that what you posted is a form of evolution or that all these things occur at the same time, or occur at the same time but progressively evolved, or what?

Are you saying that consciousness evloves?

- Julian Jaynes

5. osiris

osiris Senior Member

"So are you saying that what you posted is a form of evolution or that all these things occur at the same time, or occur at the same time but progressively evolved, or what?"

haha. In answer to this question: yes. haha.

I will attempt a deeper explanation... remember in another thread, i think in the buddhist forum, when we somehow got turned to what some refer to as "the transmigration of souls"? You mentioned a subtle thread. I think(and wo is me for through this medium of thought all my human experiences must eventually pass, eh?) that I have found it. A connection. And it staggers my mind to think of how far it goes. Indeed, that it does not begin anywhere, and it has no foreseeable end. It is both terrifying and affirming. The universe is a loop with a shape that constantly transforms due to the nature of the way its individual parts work together. Such is the reason, or the cause, of our world today, that we find ourselves caught amongst the manifestation of our many a half-assed postulation made by our ancients, which were selves through which the energy that comprises what we know as our selves have passed, you dig? Can I even begin to describe the scope of this to you. I do understand it, on a level beyond the intellect. Indeed, it has been proven time and again that the intellect can only regard and describe this Divine Spirit, but that it can never fully grasp it without... aggh, words... going beyond itself...?

shit... I now find myself with the need to hurry, I have obligations... that's probably enough confusion for you to sort out though, eh?

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Well ya, energy transforms.

So what "shape" we have today was formed yesterday? By other conscience beings who have transformed into us?
    That it?

I think that's what you're saying. So, that would be evolution, I think.

I agree that conscience evolves.

7. osiris

osiris Senior Member

meagain-
    yes, evolution, in the broadest sense of the word. not just in the strictly cold and dead scientific sense, but in the alchemical sense. and indeed, science as we know it today is just alchemy without its essential mystical and spiritual element. It thinks it knows everything. hence the cold, dead, tragic world that has been created not only by medical science, but by industry as well... but I do not lament this. we are at the inception of a revolution here, a new aeon, postulated by those same numbfuck ancients spoken of before. in their ignorance of the depth of the power of their own systems of thought, their many prophecies have come to bear true in asmuch as they do not conflict and cancel one another out.

for instance, how many times are we going to play out the cycle of the dying god, the drowning man? the most popular example is of course jesus, but the comparisons to other similar cultural phenomena both before and after the supposed existance of that particular icon should give us an idea of just how strong these postulations can be... and, indeed, at the beginning of the last aeon, that time commonly refered to in our modern history classes as "The Dark Ages", it was that the adepts of those mystery schools and the Governors of the Roman Empire were seeking a way to comprehensively combine all the different religious mysteries into one sort of "state" religion. Christianity, in the form we know it today, was born. Many will be surprised to know that the adepts of the mystery schools of egypt 2000 years before predicted this, just as the book of revelation is a guide to the age in which we currently reside. what most don't realize is, the apocalypse already occured! we're living in the aftermath now. The fear with which they regarded the coming of this aeon over 2000 years ago exaggerated the nature of the transformation from one to another so grotesquely... eh, but that's all dust in the wind. The remnants of that cultural program still linger, but much like a dying man holds tenuously onto life in the hopes that someone will walk through the door to perform that ever-desired miracle of renewal. It is not to come, for death itself is the renewal.

we are moving away from this concept of sacrifice, this infernal scapegoating to which we have clung so long, and onto an evolutionary cycle where each part must learn to be self-sustaining. No more followers and leaders.

of course, I may have went on a little tangent there, and you may now think me a blithering idiot. all the same, much love and the best of luck on your own journey.

I hope that I have in some way aided you as you have me, simply by interacting with my idea.