The election countdown

Discussion in 'Politics' started by newo, Jun 5, 2004.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I hope this is a countdown of Bush's final days in office. We'll see.

Right now I'm updating every 50 days; when we reach 50 days and counting it will be every 10 days, and when we reach 10 days it will be every day.

[​IMG]

2. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

You know what would be really funny? What if bush like won the election and like you totally wasted alot of time bitching? Man that would be like so gay. Then like what if he lowered taxes on the peoplemaking over 100,000 so they didn't pay 34% of thier income away to things like welfare?

3. Mui

Mui Senior Member

lol they arent spending that much on welfare... but its sure fine to spend half the taxes on military

4. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

If wouldn't be nearly as high if we had a leader who would pull out of Europe and Japan. Then that money could go to higher wages for military personnel and for higher pensions.

5. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Well I certainly hope we get Bush out of office. I am not sure Kerry will be much better. BUT I would like to have a president that DOESNT just cut taxes for the rich. I don't care how much they have to pay in taxes...there is only so much money a person needs. If you have a roof over your head, food in your stomach, and the means to continue to keep provisions for yourself and family than everything else is just extra.

Cut taxes for those struggling to pay rent and by groceries, not the ones driving hummers and living in 30 room houses.

6. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

Lower to middle class people pay 10% in taxes down from 15% before Bush's tax cuts. The upper class which is far smaller than the lower and middle class pays 33-34% down from 40%. So you're saying it's ok to penalize someone for being sucessful by giving them huge taxes?

7. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

No. The "tax cuts for the rich" argument is 100% bullshit. The tax cutsgo to middle class Americans, the small business owners, the 9-to-5ers, etc. The majotity of tax breaks go to the people who need - the middle class. But just because a few millionaires pay a little less in taxes, the liberals scream "OMFG ITS TEH RICH PPL PAYING NO TAXES!!!111!!!!"

Try doing your own thinking, and not taking everything you hear from the Barking Liberal Daily as gospel truth.

8. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Max, you have no right to tell me who does MY thinking. All I know is I am a 9-5er and paid more in taxes this year, although I have had the same job the past 4 years. And I am in a low tax bracket.

My father, who still has 5 dependants at home and is a single-parent income (making the same amount as me yearly) ALSO paid more in taxes this year. He has had the same job for 8 years.

My mother and step-father, who have 2 dependants at home, and make over 130K a year paid less in taxes this year. They have had the same job for 12, 15 years.

My opinion on taxes comes from personal experience, not some liberal digest. Stop making assumptions.

9. smartass

smartass Member

It's nice to finally find someoen else whos brain hasn't been fried from drugs usage here.

BUSH WILL ABUSE THAT RADICAL LEFT FOUL MOUTHER VICIOUS TRAITOR, SORRY LIBBIES, YOU'RE SCREWED.

10. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

Well then why don't you and GreviousAngel go have a lovefest in your own conservatoad forum, Smartass. Why do people like you even visit a forum full of hippies, liberals and greens???? Do you feel like a big person trying to spew your conservatism in here? You must have a very small dick.

Hey Newo, thanks for the start of a beautiful countdown towards booting Bushman out of the peoples' White House. You know, now that Reagan is gone, I have been thinking about him as a past President, and even though I didn't like Reagans politics, I at least respected the man. But Bush, I have absolutely no respect for and it has nothing to do with me not liking his politics. Bush Jr. is an arrogant little man who steps on international toes, thumbs his nose at the rest of the world, and force feeds the American people his brand of religion and socioeconomic policies, and I can't wait until he is gone.

11. GrievousAngel

GrievousAngel Banned

To bitch about facists, you like to keep your community closed. I gave here for music talk, but everynow and then i get the urge to kick a totally moronic shit-spewing liberals ass (sucks to be you eh?)

12. Jozak

Jozak Member

So what? The fact is roughly, the top 25% of the people in the U.S. pay over 50% of the taxes...they should get a fucking tax break--it's their money.

13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

GrievousAngel"i get the urge to kick a totally moronic shit-spewing liberals ass"

I wouldn’t bother you’re not that good at it.

14. newo

[​IMG]
    And don't forget, tomorrow the Democratic National Convention begins!

15. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Let's trade one member of Skull & Bones for another. Yay!

16. hobhob

hobhob Member

DOWN WITH BUSH!

Who's with me?

17. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Member

What? Is there a new band named "The Election Countdown"? You are everything the Right embodies...a shoot first and ask questions later mentality. If you cannot see what is happening to our country and its role in the world you are either brainwashed or entirely too gullible.

We need to restore our reputation in the eyes of the world and there is no way in hell that Bush or anyone with the name Bush can do that.

I am neither Dem or Rep or Green or Libertarian. I am a free thinking American with the ability to read between the lines.

The quote I cite here has its own name written all over it. Isn't it time for a new America that doesn't resemble an Illiterate Rebel Yahoo with a Finger on the Trigger???

BTW Keynote Speaker Barak Obama last night at the DMC was ABSOLUTELY PHENOMINAL!! Why is this guy NOT running for a higher office! I see great new things for America in this man!!!

18. newo

19. newo

40 Days!

and counting...

20. dooncune

dooncune Member

I agree. Do you know why the US doesn't have a flat tax rate for everyone? It is because the poor would actually have to pay their share of the taxes instead of making the rich do it for them. The worst part is while most of the taxes stay the same for the poor, they are the first ones to bitch if someone else gets a cut.