The economy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MeAgain, Sep 19, 2019.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Woo has been on a KKK trip the last couple of weeks. I've noticed that too. Doesn't matter what the thread is about either.

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Mickey Mouse (cant vote for him)
    Donald Duck
    KKK
    Libertarians
    Sun revolves around the earth, or so the americans think

There. Now you guys dont have to read woo's posts anymore because I've summed them up nicely

3. Neither do I. But then, I don't see the KKK as any kind of actual threat. Especially on a national level.

In fact, I doubt anyone is actually "afraid" of the KKK these days. Instead I see them being promoted by the press and media far more than they promote themselves. Why? Well it's simple really. It's part of the overall phony "war" on "white supremacy" which has changed meanings from "shit the KKK does" to "shit white people do without even knowing they do it" or some such tripe.

Without the reputation of the KKK, how can anyone take blaming white people for everything seriously? Having an active KKK makes that easy.

In the mean time, the actual KKK is scratching their heads looking around for all those new members that are supposed to be on every corner.

It's all a gag folks.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

What a deceptive answer! I agree the Klan itself isn't much of a threat, compared with its newer rivals. It has grown in recent years, but compared with the newer Neo-Confederate, Neo-Nazi, white identity, Euro-identity, and militia groups, it is a relatively insignificant part of the problem. Put them all together though, we have an armed and dangerous, anti-Democratic, potentially lawless element waiting in the wings for some kind of grid failure or civil conflict to give them an opportunity to do their stuff. Why do you want to resort to the typical Trumpster stunt of dismissing this as fake news?

As for blaming "white people" for the problem, I agree with you that that's racist thinking and needs to be called out. This doesn't diminish the reality that some white people--definitely a minortiy but an armed and dangerous one-- are banding together in these crazy groups to defend against imagined threats to them or their rights.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    pineapple08 likes this.
  6. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I think all old fat white men need to be sent to a cultural re-education camp. Myself included.

7. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

...........................................................................................................................................

Wondering how many people are members? One would think that by the conversations, it is a large movement. But i'm in Jersey, not the heartland.

am more concerned by deep state actors than: Mafia, KKK, etc.

How much power over our lives do the KKK have?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  8. Piney

Back to: The Economy:

in Jersey the economy is mostly up. Housing and housing cost is a problem with costs driving out-migration. Immigration is a help to our economy.
    Jersey's location, near ports and to Philly, and New York City is a plus.
    Many homeowners were hit by the SALT exemptions ceiling. ( State and Local Tax.....cap of $10,000. ) Still waiting for more modest homes to be constructed due to this new exemptions ceiling.

People may complain about new tariffs. Lets say an aluminium tariff boosts the price of a 6-pack of Pepsi by 10 cents folks complain; yet a soda tax is enacted that boosts the price by 40 cents, people cheer. Go figure? Is it really about the consumer?

At the Jersey Shore we see wealthy people picking up vacation properties, they have been priced out at The Hamptons or The Cape Islands.
    The old blue collar Jersey Shore with do it yourself people and bungalows is gone.

9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

As I've been saying, the KKK doesn't have much "power" at all. If Oklahoma is at all typical, it's divided into three rival groups and consists mostly of mechanics, plumbers, carpenters, other blue collar workers, dirt farmers, ex-military, unemployed, and some small businessmen with little education who feel threatened by change and think minorities are out to replace them. We're talking maybe a couple thousand people. The Klan around here is very image/ PR conscious--trying to project a public image of being reformed, no longer a hate group, and renouncing violence, terror and criminal activity. The White Revolution,a Neo-Nazi outfit operating in the Lawton area, and the "Patriot" Oklahoma Militia and American Resistance Movement are more militant but fringe. But add these to all the other similar Neo-Confederate, Neo-Nazi, Alt right, Alt Lite groups, including Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer, and you have a phenomenon similar to the Weimar Republic before Hitler: a tinderbox awaiting the right catalyst. What will they do when the lights go out? The Tea Party was big here, and those folks are ideologically not far from the ones I've mentioned.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Piney and pineapple08 like this.
  10. Piney

In Jersey, these pin-heads are less prevalent.

11. granite45

So we have a DT intent on seizing economic power from our central bank, the Fed, and bolstering monetary policy to favor the wealthy. BIG conflict of interest and I see a train wreck on the horizon.

Okiefreak and Tyrsonswood like this.
  12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So, what else is new?

13. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Since the "Deep State" is purely made up political bull shit about a "fourth arm of the government" I don't have any idea why you would fear that as opposed to real hate groups and criminal organizations.
    Some prominent deep state actors:
    Joe Biden, Tony Blair, George W. Bush, Michael Chertoff, Richard Helms, Robert Mueller, Barack Obama, Loretta Lynch, James Comey, Sally Yates, the Clintons (of course), George Soros, the entire Democratic party, the mnedia, Jeff Sessions, and Paul Volcker. ~ From multiple sources including.

Funny how they missed Trump and his crew and family.

Okiefreak and granite45 like this.
  14. Piney

Seems like the Fed may cut rates again. Primaraly because our trading patrners are all at lower rates than The US. This is to support currency exchanges. We have had very low rates for some ten years now. Don't see a 1/4 or 1/8 making a huge difference. It will pump up stocks.

Its not about The Donald.

15. granite45

Economists really believe there is a time preference for money....and if you don’t believe go shopping for a zero percent mortgage. The Fed has a powerful tool in the rate and can cool an overheated economy by raising rates and bolster an economy in times of recession by cutting rates. W cut rates in good times post Clinton and caused the Great Recession. Didn’t work for W and won’t for other countries either.

Okiefreak likes this.
  16. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

They are all attempting to buy time until Donald Duck is removed from office. Bush was merely incompetent, and collapsed the entire world economy, while Donald Duck is a lose cannon on deck nobody can afford, and they are not pushing to remove the nuclear option for the hell of it. Only fundamentalists and Libertarians could start WWIII by making it illegal to vote for Mickey Mouse.

17. deleted

deleted Visitor

looks like I found the sucks to be you thread..