.::The EASTER THREAD::. I was thinking, is Easter really like this?..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by MervyPervy, Apr 3, 2007.

1. MervyPervy

MervyPervy Member

.::The EASTER THREAD::.
    I was thinking, is Easter really like this to YOU?..

What is EASTER all about?.. to YOU?..

Who exactly is The Easter Bunny?..

Do you think EASTER BUNNY has become too violent?.. as seen in BAD BOY BUNNY

What happens if you eat meat on Good Friday?

What's with chocolate eggs, are they maybe just big oblong rabbit poos?..

& what does Jesus have to do with chocolate?

:party:
    ..but however YOU choose to celebrate Easter, have a good one

2. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

-Eggs are a symbol of birth and renewal....

-If you eat meat on good friday, you get to scrub toilets in hell for eternity....the ones that people use who have explosive diarrhea for eternity...

-Jesus has a lot to do with chocolate.

3. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

This is my take on the Easter Bunny. Jesus was a Jew, and a teacher, so he was kind of an informal Rabbi, and he died on the cross, which is a small t. Well, rabbi+t = rabbit. Which is a synonym for bunny.

4. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! that's funny.

5. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Easter...well, I don't really celebrate the actual religiously oriented "Easter" thing, I do more of a "Welcome Spring" deal. My kids color eggs, hunt for them, get "Spring" baskets and of course, chocolates. So, pretty much the usual, but not focused around the religious aspect.

To the rest of your questions, I truly have no idea. My father is a devote Catholic and will never, ever eat meat on a Friday, which to me, is quite silly, but who I am to really judge?

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

well, easter is such a massive melding of pagan and christian symbology that it's a wonder all the christians don't go up in flames every year.

7. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

true that, mynameiskc :)

bunnies, chocolates and such have more to do with Ostara than anything else. Not eating meat on Fridays as a whole is a very Catholic thing... but especially Good Friday.... something to do with the effect of commemorating Jesus being crucified or something along those lines... One more sacrifice to do at the end of Lent...

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]
    Easter Island

Easter to me is involves the worship of
    large stone bunnies (or Moai) to release
    the Mana (or divine) within

Hotwater

9. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

The Family Circus cartoon.. remember that?!?! =)

10. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

brunch with my family, champagne, easter presents and celebrating the birth of fresh green foliage.
    I got my mom and gift basket with a giant coffee cup with the san diego skyline on it and filled it up with plastic eggs that I stuffed with little jars of different beauty items.

11. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

What is EASTER all about?.. to YOU?.. easter is about the bringing of spring, a rebirth of nature

Who exactly is The Easter Bunny?.. her name is kellyn

Do you think EASTER BUNNY has become too violent?.. as seen in BAD BOY BUNNY - no

What happens if you eat meat on Good Friday? nothing much, you just go to hell

What's with chocolate eggs, are they maybe just big oblong rabbit poos?.. its like the golden egg, but more available to the masses

& what does Jesus have to do with chocolate? he's made out of chocolate, didn't you hear?

12. MervyPervy

MervyPervy Member

is that the fresh green foliage I'm thinkin' of, that's due for harvest about Easter time here in Aussie land, shit, thats now, I got some buds to be pickin'.. c ya!

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

What is EASTER all about?.. to YOU?.. easter is about the bringing of spring, a rebirth of nature

Who exactly is The Easter Bunny?.. a firtility symbol, which is what spring and the goddess estarte is/was all about

Do you think EASTER BUNNY has become too violent?.. as seen in BAD BOY BUNNY - never heard of that one, and me a furry, though im sure if i was more into it i would have

What happens if you eat meat on Good Friday? presumably the same thing as if you eat meat on bad friday. are there any such thing as "bad" fridays? unless friday is your monday and you have wednesday and thorsday off, as some people do. i think my dad did when he worked third shift.

What's with chocolate eggs, are they maybe just big oblong rabbit poos?.. all the eggs and bunnies bit are firtility symbols that are about spring and the general horniness of it and are again hold overs from the sweet and wonderful and much celibrated goddess estarte, from whome even the name of the holy day was stollen

what does Jesus have to do with chocolate? what the hell does christerism have to have to do with anything, other then the fondness of its human adminstration post saul of tarsus, for appropriating pre-existant holy days of other beliefs?

it is simply a celebration of a time of year, associated with firtility since long before christerism was ever though of. much longer the christianity's mere two thousand year. probably going back at least five or six. i mean it's a totaly natural thing, the turning of the seasons, whatever one system of organized belief that came along after the fact, has tried to make of it.

=^^=
    .../\...