The Doors are so cool

Discussion in 'Music' started by jonathancoconut, Jan 5, 2005.

1. jonathancoconut

jonathancoconut Member

i am so into the doors at the MOment

Thank you please

2. hiddendoor

hiddendoor Member

me too, as always !!

3. Dr.antelope

Dr.antelope Member

wow...is your name JON my name is jon too, and im 15 and im a fuckin doors fanatic

4. gnarkill_chik

gnarkill_chik Member

...yeah the doors are great....the music and rhythm is soo cool..

5. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

You're right.

And seems like you found your long-lost twin brother there *points at Dr.antelope*

6. Gravy_Train_Gilmour

Gravy_Train_Gilmour Member

uh...yeah. this is true.

7. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i think i have grown out of the doors...i think they are great, but i listened to them to much doors last year.

8. FemmeFatale

FemmeFatale Member

Yeah, they're not that great...I prefer the Guess Who when it comes to drunken poetry.

9. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Yeah The Doors kinda suck, man... there is much, much better psychedelia out there.

10. tpgi

tpgi Member

nah they don't suck, maybe ppl overate them, but they definately dont suck. Jim Morrisson was one of the greatest front men ever for a band (too bad he was also an ass).

P.S. Even though JIm was an ass he is still the fucking coolest

11. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Jim was fucking cool, although Mick wins the coolness contest if you factor in all aspects of their personality (Jim was a racist, mean drunk).

But Ray Manzarek's organs kinda ruin every single song they ever recorded.

12. Gravy_Train_Gilmour

Gravy_Train_Gilmour Member

robby krieger was an awesome guitarist, though i don't much like ray manzarek.

and few would argue that jim morrison wasn't an excellent vocalist and lyricist.

and i'm a bit disgusted that anyone would dismiss what he put out as "drunken poetry". not many men have been able to mix the tone and descriptive flair of greats like ginsberg and rimbaud with a musical quality that people can connect with.

that sort of thinking seems to be more and more common in these sorts of circles. ii'm awfully proud of you if you know of other bands, but i hate that it's so fucking hip to hate mainstream acts just to seem different.

note--this comment was not necessarily directed at anyone on this thread. that's just kind of the impression i got.

13. Fangz

Fangz Member

Robbie Still is a great guitarist. I saw him a year and a half ago, along with Ray, Ian, and the other two guys. 21st Century Doors.

I love the Doors to death. Jim was a genius. To the best of my knowledge, I own Every Doors song that was ever released.

I think Ray is very cool! Maybe cause I am a Pianist. I admire the way he can play the bass riff with his left hand, while going nutts on melody, and harmony with his right hand. Its one thing to do chords with the left hand, but the whole bass line riffs are difficult. (Atleast for me anyway.) He is a fabulous pianist.

Anyway, The Doors Kick Ass.
    Owned!

14. syd

syd Banned

Jim Morrison was definatley the most out this world rockstar. Read "no-one gets out of here alive" and i reckon you might agree. Even though he was a drunk, i reckon he had good reasons for why he dranks so much.
    All just part of his plan to break on thru to the other side, which was his death in the end.

15. MBintheOC

MBintheOC We're all mad here..

I agree:D

16. syd

syd Banned

Jim was also the most sexiest male rockstar i must add :D, who agrees with that?

17. MBintheOC

MBintheOC We're all mad here..

See above:)

18. goldmund

goldmund Member

Am I the only one who thinks The Doors suck?

I used to be a major Doors freak, before the internet, when I was like 14 and the only exposure to "hippy" culture was Stone's movie. I have to say that The Doors movie was a major influence in my life and got me started on the path that I am now on.

Nevertheless, after I went to my first Grateful Dead concert, I completely lost all respect for the music of the Doors and especially the personality of Jim Morrison. He was so full of himself, his music and poetry was pretensious and amatuer, their music was dark and shallow.

The Doors were a sixties pop band without a true understanding of the psycedelic experience and the "doors" that really were not only opened but shattered by the dead and ken keysey begining with the og acid tests in '65, 66.

Sorry for offending the die hards out there, i just don't think they were all that great. just an opinion.

peace out

19. syd

syd Banned

Your not alone, most of my friends think that :(
    BUt i still think The Doors fuckin rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. goldmund

goldmund Member

Right on syd! I admire you for loving what your friends hate.