The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Kelly Sadlerthe is the new communications director for pro-Trump super PAC America First Action.
    Sadlerthe was thrown out of the White House for dismissing John McCain by saying "He's dying anyway" when McCain opposed Trump's pick for CIA director, Gina Haspel.

The president of America First Action is proud to have her on board.

stormountainman likes this.
  2. MeAgain

Sixty, (60), six zero, top corporations paid nothing, zero, zilch, nada, (0) in taxes under Trump's tax relief.
    Among them were Amazon, Netflix, Chevron, Eli Lilly, Delta Airlines, General Motors, IBM, John Deere, and Goodyear.
    In fact we owe them $4.3 billion in rebates.

John Deere alone reported a $2.15 billion profit in U.S. income before taxes. Guess what? We owe them $268 million in rebates. Comes out'a your pocket people!

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  3. onceburned

onceburned Banned

there is a solution to this... don't buy from any of them

4. I’mtheonlynudistIknow

I’mtheonlynudistIknow Members

I love how our president drives you guys nuts. It’s endlessly entertaining. He goads and goads and his targets just keep falling for it again and again.

He’s really not that bad. Our republic will survive and thrive.

And you’d best get used to the fact that he’s probably going to be re-elected.

onceburned likes this.
  5. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

That's what some Romans used to say about Caligula and Nero. I think you have the presidency confused with a reality show. It's meant to be serious business. Your optimism about the future of the republic would be inspiring if anybody thought you knew what you were talking about, which is unlikely. Let's just hope and pray that we don't experience a real crisis, cuz I don't think the Prez will be up to dealing with it.

granite45 and stormountainman like this.
  6. onceburned

onceburned Banned

don't worry, it's Trump in 2020

7. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Sounds like you haven't read the complaint against Assange. There is plenty evidence of collusion. Chairman Schiff and Chairman Nadler are putting together the charges on obstruction. And there is the matter of 5 years in prison for anyone who refuses to turn over tax returns to Congress.

8. egger

egger Member

Why Donald Trump may not be able to follow through on his threat to send migrants to sanctuary cities
    Michael Collins and John Fritze, USA TODAY
    Published 6:13 p.m. ET April 12, 2019 | Updated 6:43 p.m. ET April 12, 2019

Why Donald Trump may not be able to follow through on his threat to send migrants to sanctuary cities

excerpt:

"WASHINGTON – A myriad of logistical and legal obstacles await President Donald Trump if he follows through on his threat to place migrants arriving at the border into so-called sanctuary cities, a move apparently designed to punish Democrats for refusing to support his immigration policies.

Not only is the idea impractical and a misuse of government resources, experts said Friday, it also is illegal.

“Homeland security dollars are supposed to be used to protect national security, not go after your political opponents,” said Kerri Talbot, an attorney and federal advocacy director for the advocacy group the Immigration Hub."

9. egger

egger Member

George Conway could have been more humorous by saying that he cured his windmill-induced cancer by working in a coal mine.

Sly George Conway Now Identifies Himself As A ‘Windmill Cancer Survivor’
    Kellyanne’s husband chops down Trump’s remark that the sound of wind turbines causes cancer.
    By Mary Papenfuss
    04/12/2019 01:05 am ET

Sly George Conway Now Identifies Himself As A 'Windmill Cancer Survivor' | HuffPost

excerpt:

"Who’s way funnier than White House aide Kellyanne Conway? Her attorney husband, George Conway, who is now describing himself on his popular Twitter site as a “windmill cancer survivor.”

The profile modification (it used to say simply “lawyer”) is a disdainful dig at President Donald Trump’s increasingly outlandish criticisms of wind power. First, Trump oddly insisted that televisions simply turn off suddenly whenever the wind stops blowing in communities that use wind power. Then he complained that wind turbines kill birds and decrease property values. Last week, Trump told an audience at the National Republican Congressional Committee: “And they say the noise causes cancer.”"

10. MeAgain

Reports are out that Trump ordered Kevin McAleenan, head of the Customs and Border Protection agency to violate the law, then told him not to worry because he'd pardon him if he were prosecuted.
    If true this would be a President of the United States ordering an official of the government to break the law and then promising him he would nullify the law through a pardon, thereby circumventing the congress and the courts, like what a dictator would do.

Abuse of power.

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Oh I do worry, and you should too. Be afraid, be verrrry afraid! Meagain has just mentioned one of the latest instances in which Trump is undermining the rule of law. He's the most divisive President in our history, is a pathological liar, has violated the emoluments clause of the Constitution with his business dealings, circumvents protocols on security clearances,undermines longstanding relations with our allies, and cozies up to dictators. For documentation, read the 623 pages of this thread. It amazes me that i'mtheonlynudist can be so blase about this while lamenting on another thread that "our ancestors worked hard to build our wonderful country. Why are so many willing to see it gone? Such a strange phenomenon." Yes he and you and the rest of you Trumpies are a strange phenomenon, so ready to trade the democratic institutions and the norms of decency and civility that the Founders crafted and generations of Americans gave their blood for in exchange for the cheap demagoguery and ethno-nationalism that Trump has foisted on us. It's a common phenomenon in developing countries, but I never thought I'd see it here.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  12. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Can someone please explain to me why Julian Assange is getting arrested for a crime that Chelsea Manning was pardoned and freed from prison for?

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Pardons have nothing to do with criminal guilt or innocence, as determined by the judicial branch,and she wasn't pardoned. Her sentence was commuted after she had already served more than six years. She was transgender, in a male prison. Manning had admitted guilt without a deal and eventually confessed. She went through the judicial process, acknowledged wrongdoing, and was tried and sentenced. All this distinguishes her case from Assange's.

MeAgain likes this.
  14. onceburned

onceburned Banned

D2yuUQsWsAAUNwq.jpg

He grows on you …..

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

We all knew the US government was never going to let him get away with releasing what he did during the Iraq war.

The charge they got him on is bullshit though and sets a dangerous precedent for journalists everywhere as it essentially criminalizes working with sources who obtain their information through illegal means.

16. MeAgain

Assange and Manning conspired to break a password to allow them into the Defense Department’s computer network in 2010. As Assange is not an American citizen that would amount to espionage, or spying, by a citizen of a foreign power.
    Possible charges could be:
    Assange did not just publish data received from an unknown or known source as a journalist may do, he is accused of actively participating in an attempt to break a password into the Defense Department. Big difference.
    And he is accused of conspiring not just with Manning, but the Russians as well.

Eric H. Holder under Obama didn't charge him out of concern over the freedom of the press, under Trump Mike Pompeo argues that Wikileaks is not a journalistic organization but a “nonstate hostile intelligence service”
    Remember Eric Holder made his assessment before it was revealed that the Russians had interfered with our elections and Wikileaks involvement was not fully known.

Okiefreak and stormountainman like this.
  17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The charges have nothing to do with what happened in 2016 though so I dont think you can legally use his involvement in 2016 to prove intent in 2010.

(Edit: saw your line that he was charged with conspiring with the russians as well, i wasnt aware of that but wasnt able to confirm it with a quick search, the media outlets i skimmed through are just mentioning his 2010 involvement)

What exactly was his role in this conspiracy, has that been released to the public? I'm not buying it until I hear the details. Verbally encouraging a source to break a passsword isnt the same as actively trying to break the password yourself and if the former is what happened then I do think that sets a dangerous precedent for freedom of the press.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  18. stormountainman

Well, by now everyone agrees Trump & Pence hate immigrants unless they come from White European nations.

19. stormountainman

Don't forget Trump will not permit ordinary Americans to bring relatives on chain migration; however, he reserves that for himself.

MeAgain likes this.
  20. stormountainman

In 17 months the Republicans are going to eat that crow.

Okiefreak likes this.