The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

And that he still has a following even on this forum is a genuine phenomenon. I second your assessment.

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

There does seem to be a certain level of wilful ignorance, a deep seated unwillingness to look into or understand things that don’t fit in with or run contrary to already established ideas one holds.

Blinkered, close minded, myopic, inflexible, dogmatic, entrenched, prejudiced, bigoted or biased.

But seeing that so many find out when asked that they can’t actually defend the ideas they are expressing I’d say the major trait above all is a lack of self-awareness as such awareness is the first step toward a certain type of enlightenment the ability to realise you are ignorant and need education, without it someone is stuck and will never grow as a person.

Or so i read in a fortune cookie

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  3. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

trump doesn't follow the law because he has never looked at, let alone read, the Constitution.
    did the fucker take a civics, or history class, ever?

MeAgain, stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Balbus said what I said, only in a much kinder way.

Balbus and stormountainman like this.
  5. egger

egger Member

Half the women are gone from Trump's Cabinet
    Analysis by Zachary B. Wolf and JoElla Carman, CNN
    Updated 7:48 PM ET, Mon April 8, 2019

Trump's Cabinet: Half the women are gone - CNNPolitics

excerpt:

"Counting the vacated roles, that leaves women as just 13% of Trump's Cabinet-level officials, a lower percentage than either Barack Obama or George W. Bush and the lowest in decades, according to the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers."

stormountainman likes this.
  6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It wasn't even shot in HD.

7. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Maybe his followers have Syphilis too?

Flagme15 likes this.
  8. stormountainman

William Barr just told the Senate that spying on a political campaign is a big deal. He said it in the context where Democrats are alleged to do it. He did not want to talk about when Republicans meet with Russians in the Trump Tower to collect information about Hillary Clinton which had been collected by Russian spies. He did not talk about Trump asking or telling the Russians to find Hillary's emails. He did not talk about Carter Page meeting with Russians. He did not talk about Erik Prince and Jared Kushner setting up a back channel to talk to the Russians. He did not want to talk about Trump's campaign manager who forwarded campaign research about Hillary to the Russians. He did not want to talk about Michael Cohen and Jeff Sessions meeting with the Russians. Oh dear God … William Barr did want to look in to Democrat spying activity on the Republicans … because that is so bad. When the Republicans do it, it is legitimate campaign research. When Democrats do it, it is spying and very bad!

MeAgain, scratcho and Okiefreak like this.
  9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The Republicans are now calling for an investigation of the investigation. They characterize the Mueller investigation as an "attempted coup". Where will this lead? Will there then be in investigation of the investigation of the investigation, etc.?

10. stormountainman

William Barr pulled Mueller off the secret bank corporation which is owned by a secret government of a secret foreign nation. Mueller had started the case when he must have been following the money trail. He subpoenaed the secret corporation for documentation which fell under his authority to investigate Russian collusion. They refused and appealed. Mueller won at every level and that secret corporation was fined $50,000.00 per day for each day they refused to surrender documentation to Mueller. They are still refusing and the secret case is still going on. Yet, William Barr has removed Mueller from the case and installed his own Trump friendly law team to take control. There is also a grand jury which was put together by Mueller and it is still on going, without Mueller, because William Barr has also taken him off that job and again installed his own henchmen.

MeAgain likes this.
  11. scratcho

To me, it's the same old republican bullshit. Whatever is good for those that will contribute money to right wing causes and further the notion that left wing folks want to take away your freedoms (to evade taxes), want to make you pay for someone elses medical care--(I ain't payin'for nobody elses sickness)showing they do not understand what single payer is, want to strip the land of resources for quick money regardless of consequences, SAY they don't believe in climate change, when they know damn well weather is getting more disastrous by the year (they just don't give a shit if it's going to cost them money) , ruin, eliminate unions so that workers don't have a say in how they are treated , fight minimum wage hikes because it will be disastrous to pay a living wage and force business to close, ( yes sir--trickle down works--give it all to the rich and we'll ALL be better off) say anything to scare the proles, lies usually, make education so expensive that the majority of the population can't tie their fuckin'shoes without a set of instructions, (last election), resort to murder if money/power is threatened (the Kennedys, MLK), continually block any legislation that is a mite progressive and may help people other than their suck-ass cronies, install totally incompetent people in government jobs that want nothing other than to ruin the agencies in which they head, turn back the figurative clock to the 30's regarding those that are other than white --çuz whites is the bestest, divide the populace into warring camps now more than ever, deny that right wing nut jobs even exist, ( now more than ever because of the racist, crooked prick in office and his constant calls to violence), etc,etc,etc,etc. And this is done right in plain sight for all to see and yet ---millions of low rent , ignorant people lap up republican shit like it's a gourmet meal. And the trump folks EVEN BELIEVE THAT HE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THEM! Good gourd--where does flight of madness end???

MeAgain, granite45 and Okiefreak like this.
  12. scratcho

If trump said "I'm buying 100,000 acres in Texas for a commune. I will lead it--who's ín? Come on down. It would be standing room only!!

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

MeAgain likes this.
  14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Scratcho

Sorry I was not trying to steal your thunder.

But to add to what I said its seems to me that there is also a paradox at the centre of many right wingers thinking in that their failure in self-analysis comes about because they are self-centred.

Their own selfishness gets in the way of them been self-aware.

This is the dark side of the individualism that many on the right champion – if it’s all about you it is difficult to think about others, that makes empathy or sympathy difficult, it makes understanding of things beyond yourself or your group difficult.

Any introspection will be filtered by selfishness.

It makes it difficult for such people to understand those that want to help others, so they look for hidden selfish motives. Think of the thing that many right wingers claim about left wingers that they only want to help the disadvantaged because they want to buy their votes.

To a selfish person there is no such thing as altruism there has to be some hidden self-interest involved.

Even if some level of self-interest is accepted as in saying it is about wanting to live in a better, cleaner, safer society that is hard for the selfish to accept because such things seem to always come with what they see as a curtailment of selfishness. It might involve higher taxes or not been able to have the gun they want or seeing others given assistance that they don’t get.

It is the same with social changes that try to redress social imbalances, for example not been able to say things now that once could be said without been rebuked seems to them to be a limit in their power and the selfish want to keep power just as much as they want to keep their money. So it is attacked as political correctness carried out by social justice warriors.

And they see all these things as attacks on them (or their group), it becomes personal because things are about them, it is about them been overthrown and replaced.

So in their minds their own individualistic selfishness becomes equated with general ideas of freedom and liberty and anything that they believe curtails their own selfish wants and desires they see as an attack on general freedom and liberty.

scratcho and Okiefreak like this.
  15. stormountainman

Trump just got his hands on Assange. Correa was forced out of office in Ecuador and the new guy Moreno is doing what the Trump government wants.

16. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I thought Trump was a big wikileaks fan, at least during the 2016 election.

stormountainman likes this.
  17. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

He is, he probably will give him a medal.

18. scratcho

Well put, Balbus.

19. stormountainman

Good point. I am not saying that I understand what is going on. Assange was turned over to the Brits after Lenin Moreno revoked his protection from the government of Ecuador. The former leader of Ecuador who granted Assange safety was Correa. This morning I saw on the net that Moreno had an account in Balboa Bank in Panama which was being investigated for corruption and money laundering and connections to the Trump tower there. One of the journalists who was actively investigating this was from Malta and was killed. In the USA his trial will be all secret and we'll not get the truth any more than we got it from Noriega, or the prisoners at Guantanamo.

granite45 likes this.
  20. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Julian Assange is a saint

And I remember a time a few years ago when most of you democrats agreed.

It'd be nice if Trump pardoned Assange. But I won't hold my breath....
    Perhaps Trump will pull an Obama move and pardon Assange on his final day in office.

onceburned likes this.