The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I suppose the fact that this is an engineering impossibility means nothign to you. Roads, infrastructure, supplies, man power, health insurance, weather conditions (hot on the border) these are all the things I consider. Making 100 foot walls is not something that you do with hand tools and you can't drive this equipment on rough terrain. Yet it's not something I ever hear Trumpers bring up.

It could be 10-20 years and trillions before you could even begin to build a wall. And the length going across the country? Decades before it's done. Will you be alive in 2060 when we say the wall is 5 years from completion?

Mexico is not paying so who will? Who will defend such a long strategic zone? Why don't you go to speak to the Army now. They can get in touch with their engineers. Guarantee they say the same thing.

3. lode

lode Banned

If we got it up tomorrow it wouldn't do anything. Not only in the many simple ways to circumvent a wall, tunnels and ladders.

But half of illegal immigrants come to the country with legal tourist visas. Then they stay.

4. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I never said it was feaseable, or practical. I was explaining why he's getting votes for it.

The laws and the legal system that protects them is why he got votes. People in America (some people) are tired of getting effed over by the exploitation of laws that are meant to serve a positive purpose to our country. But instead they are making it a shithole country.

It's easier to build a wall than it is to change the laws. And as I said building the wall is impractical.

5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Totally agree! And that makes them illegal. And that doesn't change after they have been here for 15 more years. Trump suggest we overhaul our immigration policy. Who opposes it?

The wall would not even be a topic if we could get our laws changed.

So he has done a good job at bringing into focus, that as stupid as it is, it highlights the frustration people have for their leaders before him.

6. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Please don't tell me what I want. I have never said that I want illegal aliens to flood across our borders.
    My position is that a wall isn't needed because of the security measures that we already have. A 2,000 mile long wall isn't needed and is a wast of time and money. Further if some of our current measures are lacking, then they can be addressed in other ways.
    And yes, if they earn the right to become citizens then they should be granted those rights, just like my ancestors.

Trump's "see through solar wall" just isn't very plausible. MIT estimates a 1,000 mile long wall would cost $27 billion to $40 billion dollars. That's $54 to $80 billion for 2,000 miles. Trump himself wanted $2.6 billion to build 75 miles of wall, that would make 2,000 miles come in around $66.9 billion.

But I guess that's okay as Mexico is going to pay for it anyway.

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  7. MeAgain

Cohen says Trump directed everything. He knew it all was illegal.
    When asked if Trump knew it was illegal he replied, "Of course."

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I truly would like to see all the Republicans rounded up and put in a compound on the other side of Trump's wall.

snowtiggernd and Flagme15 like this.
  9. stormountainman

A 7 YO Guatemalan girl who arrived in America to ask for help has died near Lordsburg New Mexico, thanks to Trump's immigration policies and his border thugs.

10. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

The other day, trump said that if he were impeached, the people would revolt. I don't think so.
    That was an attempt to rev up his base.
    Of the presidents who faced impeachment, or the threat thereof, there wasn't a revolt.
    I am not sure, but would venture to guess that trump is less popular than Nixon was.

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Part of Post 11224 could have been said by native Americans, I suppose.
    And: "making this a shithole country." Is that because they're brown people?
    And: " democrats want open borders." (wasn't in the post I referenced) Now that is just fucking STUPID.

stormountainman likes this.
  12. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

You have clearly stated that anyone that steps foot on U.S soil is to be given rights via our constitution. Legal or not isn't the issue. For YOU and your team they are ALL the same per our constitution.

You may state you are opposed to illegal immigrants. But its irrelevant once they step foot on our soil. And I am not about to take the time to go back through threads to find it but I'm fairly certain you have said they have a right to enter here any way they can get here. You can deny saying it and I am not about to take the time it takes to find it....assuming it wasn't deleted anyway.

So regardless of their legal status we need to keep them from stepping foot on our soil until we have vetted them. And arrest them if they try to not follow the proper channels.

13. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Go back and show me the words open borders in my post. I think you have me confused with your hero Nancy Pelosi.

Its a shithole country for a lot of reasons. Many skin colors. Many wrong attitudes. Many deficiencies. Many poor decisions. Many poor agendas.

14. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Everyone who steps on U.S. soil has the status of being a "person"under the Fourteenth Amendment, entitled to rights to due process of law and equal protection of the laws. Zadvydas v. Davis (2001); Plyler v. Doe (1982) That doesn't mean rights to welfare, social security, the right to vote, the right to stay here, etc. And of course they can be deported. "Shithole country" is a relative concept. I can think of so many other countries I'd more readily apply that label to than the U.S., and not just for materialistic reasons. Border security is a must, but a wall from sea to shining sea won't get us there. The influx of illegals owes at least as much to Republican businessmen hiring illegal workers as to Democrats seeking future voter support (until recently, immigrants tended to vote Republican if they voted at all). Without Mexicans, the roofers in my town would be out of business.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    scratcho, MeAgain and stormountainman like this.
  15. stormountainman

Okie, that 7 YO Guatemalan girl who died near Lordsburg was neglected by the border guards for 90 minutes. She got no medical attention for 90 minutes. Her body temperature went up way above 100. You would think Trump and these American haters of immigrants could have given her a drink of water?

16. stormountainman

I think Scratcho was correct on every point. I think this is a shithole country because of the bigots in it who follow that orange buffoon blindly.

Flagme15, scratcho and snowtiggernd like this.
  17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yeah almost like you and he the same person in so many ways.

It was shithole country before Trump took office. He just was the first one man enough to use the right words about it. He didn't use the politically correct terms like his previous administration tried to.

18. stormountainman

The previous administration was run by civilized people not KKK savages who would deny a cup of water to a 7 year old girl.

snowtiggernd and scratcho like this.
  19. MeAgain

Yes, true, I believe we should follow the Constitution.
    Don't you?

We already vet immigrates.

stormountainman likes this.
  20. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Show me where the Constitution states that we are obligated to provide free food, clothing, housing, medical care, education, etc for ALL people. Or ANY people for that matter.