The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. lode

lode Banned

MeAgain and scratcho like this.
  2. egger

egger Member

Trump's formulation of policy usually is based on what a person, group, or country did for him personally, as opposed to what is best for the national interest.

It is also based on irrational, emotional factors, such as falling in love with Putin and Kim Jong-un. At one of his campaign-style rallies, an infatuated Trump raved about the love letters he has received from Kim Jong-un, like a youngster falling in love for the first time.

This is the Trump that alpha-males (or alpha-male wannabes) have made their hero and role model.

Trump at a rally in Alabama in 2015: “Saudi Arabia, I get along with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”

President Donald Trump's Financial History With Saudi Arabia | Velshi & Ruhle | MSNBC

video:

MeAgain, stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  3. egger

egger Member

4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

As predicted, his tax cuts for the rich have been a failure and now he is flirting with gutting Medicaid and Social Security to offset the damage. He is constantly raping the average citizen, and all his supporters can talk about is how Indian Elizabeth Warren is.

[​IMG]

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I watched Kudlow speak on the news. If anyone gets a chance to watch that---he is literally a smarmy weasel and you can tell easily that he's another liar, adding to the bunch.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    stormountainman likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The Republican wet dream...

stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  8. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They never wanted any of that in the first place. I'm sure it will happen if they gain control once more. It's right there for ALL to see------they could not care less about anyone but those who buy them. Huge tax breaks for the rich-----and cut the hell out of anything to do with the un-priveleged. Trump supporters will not care---

stormountainman and Tyrsonswood like this.
  9. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I've often heard Republicans say the laugh all the way to the bank.

10. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You are reading this wrong...

In GOP speak, that means they will just blame the democrats... and the base will believe them.

scratcho and Meliai like this.
  12. egger

egger Member

MAGA: Making Authoritarianism Great Again

Trump Gives Dictators the Green Light
    No wonder Saudi Arabia feels emboldened
    By Michelle Goldberg
    Oct. 8, 2018

Opinion | Trump Gives Dictators the Green Light

excerpts:

"Sure, he sees the country as an ally against Iran. But it’s more than that: Trump seems to feel a real affinity for the gaudy kleptocratic opulence of the country’s leaders. And his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, appears to view M.B.S. as a kindred spirit; both, after all, are rich millennials making world-altering decisions thanks to extreme nepotism."

"Besides, Trump has made it clear that the United States will no longer even pretend to stand up for liberal values globally. The administration “basically tells all of these governments: ‘Don’t worry. It’s O.K. Do what you need to do,’” said Margon, of Human Rights Watch. Around the world, restraints on brutal behavior are loosening. In just the last couple of days, the head of Interpol has been detained in China, and the Bulgarian journalist Viktoria Marinova, whose television show featured investigations into powerful businessmen and politicians, was found raped and murdered."

"On Tuesday, Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont will give a speech on what he describes as a “new authoritarian axis” developing worldwide, a phenomenon that gave rise to Trump, and that Trump accelerates. When I spoke to Sanders on Monday, he compared the possible killing of Khashoggi to Russia’s assassinations of defectors in England. “We think this would not be happening if not for the support of Trump and Kushner for the despotic government of Saudi Arabia,” Sanders said."

scratcho, MeAgain and stormountainman like this.
  13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The base will believe anything. But the base is still a minority of a minority. It should be easy enough to explain to normal people how the tax cuts caused the deficit that caused the "need" to reduce social security and medicare benefits. The Republicans tried unsuccessfully to sell something similar under G.W. Bush, and after that the crash in the stock market made people acutely aware of where they would be if that had succeeded.

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You have more faith in the intellect of the average American than I do.

lode, scratcho, MeAgain and 2 others like this.
  15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Then they'll have to find out the hard way. But remember: the Trump base consists disproportionately of older white people, and those are the folks who turn out to vote. They may not understand abstruse issues of foreign policy and economics, but Social Security and Medicare they understand and care about. And when a party calls upon Democrats to help them mess with those programs, and Democrats say no, I think the Republicans would have a hard time convincing older voters it was all the Dem's fault. No doubt they'll try, but the honeymoon may be over.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  16. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

that is the one thing that would probably turn trump's old, white supporters against him.

when I was a kid, I was told to hate the russians
    trump says not anymore
    after 9/11, I was told to hate the saudis
    trump says not anymore

stormountainman likes this.
  17. stormountainman

Hope you are right on that one Okie. Last night I heard Newt Gingrich on Hannity and he was saying the Repubs need to run on "Democrats want open borders for all" after this 4000 strong caravan from Honduras. He also said the base is still with them on Kavanaugh and Obama Care. The good news this morning is Chris Collins only raised $80 this last quarter. So Democrats are making some headway, as in Beto raising $38,000,000.00 and Najjar hitting back hard against Duncan Hunter. Democrats can win. I have a clear memory of Anne Richards in Texas, and Oklahoma did have a Democrat in congress. I miss Molly Ivins on TV every day to bash the Republicans!

scratcho likes this.
  18. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

yeah, I saw old man Hunter bashing Najjar's father, and grandfather. Najjar has said he has/had nothing to do with them. Funny how the old man didn't discuss Hunter Jr.'s criminal activity.

On another note, I see some republican attack ads that are so simplistic.In one ad, this guy says his opponent will raise gasoline taxes by 60 cents/gallon. How stupid is that, but the base hears raise taxes, and they stop listening.

19. stormountainman

Gas prices have gone up $1.26 per gallon since Trump took over things in this country. Trump and the Republicans will let the oil businessmen do anything they want, including the running of pipelines anywhere, and polluting anywhere. In a new twist, the Saudi oil business men who Trump likes have killed a journalist in Istanbul, by butchering him while still alive. One member of the team of his killer has already been killed with an automobile. I wouldn't be surprised if they start dropping like Jack Ruby and the others after the JFK fiasco. Trump just got a $100,000,000.00 wire transfer from the Saudi oil guys under the pretext he is to fight ISIS and bring Democracy to Syria. Nothing has been said about Trump bringing Democracy to Saudi Arabia.

scratcho, MeAgain and Okiefreak like this.
  20. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Face it. What we have in the Oval Office is a crime boss, and his base seems to be cool with that. Don Trump (think Don Corleone) for President! He gets things done! But that hit in Turkey by his ally was sloppy, sloppy (literally and figuratively). Michael Avenatti says traditional politicians can't win against Trump. He's probably right, but I weep for this nation. When mob bosses war against each other, the constitution gets trampled.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    scratcho, MeAgain and stormountainman like this.