The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. egger

egger Member

Stocks tumble on trade fears; S&P has worst week in 2 years
    MARLEY JAY
    Associated Press
    March 23, 2018

Stocks tumble on trade fears; S&P has worst week in 2 years

"NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks around the world plunged Friday as investors feared that a trade conflict between the U.S. and China, the biggest economies in the world, would escalate. A second day of big losses pushed U.S. stocks to their worst week in two years.

Investors fear that if China responds in kind to sanctions on $60 billion worth of Chinese imports the White House announced on Thursday, it will be a first step toward a full-blown trade war that could damage the global economy and slash profits at big U.S. exporters like Apple and Boeing.

The market's two biggest sectors slumped the most. Technology stocks have made enormous gains over the past year, but since they do so much business outside the U.S., investors see them as particularly vulnerable in a trade dispute. The sector dropped 7.9 percent this week.

Banks also fell sharply. Amid the trade-war rumblings, investors fled to the safety of bonds and drove down yields, a potential negative for bank profits. That marked a reversal from earlier in the week, when banks rose as the Federal Reserve raised interest rates."

MeAgain likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

"Trade wars are good, and easy to win"
    Donald J. Trump

stormountainman likes this.
  3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

My username isn't Sparky.

If you want to reply to my posts leave out the impertinent name calling.

4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Yes it was as the Republican members had already reached the conclusion before they even started the investigation.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

6. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Lol. You guys are a hoot. Pot calling the kettle black.

Trump has gotten KSA to join the fight on terrorism. He asked them to take on Yeomen. And they are doing a fine job if it. Saves our troops lives and our money.

If we can sell them aircraft that adds frosting to the cake.

Obama didn't stop paying Isreal money they had already been receiving. Isreal ended up not even talking to him. Didn't want to be seen with him.

He walked our troops out of the middle East and handed over a vacuum. We got to learn all about ISIS as a result. Which Trump defeated in about 12 months. Obama invalidated a lot of young Anerican troops lives once and then placed them in harm's way again.

I share your contempt for Trump and his failings. But I also know the Republican party would rather spend less money on saving Ryan's privates, and more money on preventing Habib from blowing me up and Jose from sucking up my tax dollars. So even if Trump ain't their top dog, I like what they want to do for this country than what the Dems want to offer me.

Trump is an asshole in a lot of ways. So was The Black Messiah. But I will see good when I can in both when I can.

This isn't a Trump scorecard thread. If you don't see negative in Trump you aren't allowed to play the game here.

And you call whom extremeist?

I'll remind you that you supported Trump's tariff decision. So you can show support. Unless you were maybe under the influence or something.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  7. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Well you are basing your belief that he is a Klansman. Based on words and no pics? I'm disappointed you'd be so easily swayed.

8. egger

egger Member

World's Approval of U.S. Leadership Drops to New Low
    by Julie Ray
    Story Highlights
    Median approval of U.S. leadership is 30%, down from 48% in 2016
    U.S. approval dropped substantially in 65 countries and areas
    Germany's leadership now tops that of U.S., China and Russia
    January 18, 2018

World's Approval of U.S. Leadership Drops to New Low

From the article:

"Trump's First Year: Hard Times for U.S. Soft Power

The losses in U.S. leadership approval may have implications on U.S. influence abroad. With its stable approval rating of 41%, Germany has replaced the U.S. as the top-rated global power in the world. The U.S. is now on nearly even footing with China (31%) and barely more popular than Russia (27%) -- two countries that Trump sees as rivals seeking to "challenge American influence, values and wealth."

The present situation represents a marked change in the status quo since Obama's presidency, when the image of U.S. leadership remained relatively strong worldwide. In Obama's last year in office, for example, the U.S. led Germany by seven points, China by 17 points and Russia by 22 points.

The current rankings instead look more like a return to the status quo during the last year of the Bush administration -- with Germany on top, followed by China, the U.S. and then Russia -- except now, the U.S. has even more ground to make up."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. egger

egger Member

Trump, who is supposed to be ahead of everyone, showed his ignorance once again after he signed the omnibus bill by publicly calling on Congress to enact a line-item veto.

The line-item veto was ruled to be unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1998 on the basis of the Presentment Clause. Enacting it would likely require amending the Constitution which itself is a formidable task. Another option would be to try to pass a watered-down version of a line-item veto which might not be overturned by a now conservative U.S. Supreme Court.

The statement was made at what he referred to as a 'news conference' which was actually one of his Twitter-like complaint-fests where he didn't answer questions. His lack of understanding of the government is one of the reasons he doesn't do press conferences.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    stormountainman and MeAgain like this.
  10. egger

egger Member

Trump can go on a national 'Losing Tour' to complain about the bad deal he negotiated on the omnibus bill but signed anyway.

He can also call on a now conservative U.S. Supreme Court (that he made more conservative) to be liberal and interpret the Constitution in a way that permits a line-item veto.

11. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I'm still amazed so many otherwise intelligent people actually think the KKK is anything to worry about. Ru Paul is more of a threat than those disorganized, broke and largely infighting losers.

12. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Makes for good hate mongering in politics.

If they yell loud enough they think that when nobody responds, they have won. Instead they should realize that we just got tired of the yelling and quit listening.

13. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I still support tariffs. Habib used to play for the Denver Broncos? He was an offensive lineman?

14. stormountainman

No, I based what I said on what he said to me...IN PERSON.

15. stormountainman

16. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Oh well then. That's a pretty good source.

17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

That wouldn't be the Habib being referred to.

18. stormountainman

That was very interesting, egger! Trumpy signed that bill without reading it. AND IT CONTAINED SOME REAL SANCTIONS ON RUSSIA! It's full of Russia sanctions! I bet Putin will read it! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

19. stormountainman

The KKK is very much alive and powerful. The KKK controls the government in the State of Indiana. The KKK supported and endorsed Donald Trump. The KKK is in all 50 states...even in Alaska.

20. stormountainman

When he signed the new spending bill, Donald Trump blamed the Democrats because DACA people did not get protections. He and Mike Pence have always said they did not want amnesty and considered illegal immigrants to be law breakers. Trump appointed Sessions because of his similar stance on illegal immigrants. His vice president has openly said he did not want immigrants coming over here and getting on public assistance. Trump's entire government is a duplicate of the KKK anti immigrant platform. Nevertheless, Donald Trump told the American people during the signing ceremony that Democrats were at fault for the fate of DACA. He told Mexicans that Republicans supported them. Then he complained about not getting enough money for his wall, which would keep out similar Mexicans. I doubt any Mexican Americans would vote for a Republican candidate in the future. Puerto Rican voters will not forget the way Trump and the Republicans treated them after the last hurricane. The November election is looking real nice! It's going to be so beautiful! There is going to be so much love! Everyone will have beautiful affordable health insurance! Saudi Arabia will pay for it after we have war with Iran and North Korea! It's all Obama's fault! Everything is going to be so beautiful!