The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I suspected this might be the case for a while. He shows a lot of sings of true mental illness not just being a dick. It's pretty common for those types to just not be able to accept reality as it is which leads the paranoia he shows all the time.

New Reports Suggest Trump Might Not Be a Liar at All, But Truly Delusional

The prevailing interpretation of Donald Trump, shared by all his enemies and many of his allies, is that he is a con man. It is a theory that explains both his career in business and politics, and has carried through his many reversals of position and acts of fraud against customers and contractors. It remains quite plausible. But new reporting has opened up a second possibility: The president has lost all touch with reality.

The Washington Post and New York Times have accounts from insiders suggesting Trump habitually insists upon the impossible in private. He does not merely tell lies in order to gull the public, or to manipulate allies. He tells lies in private that he has no reason to tell. He still questions the authenticity of Barack Obama’s birth, despite the birth certificate. He insists voter fraud may have denied him a popular vote triumph. He tells people Robert Mueller will wrap up his investigation, with a total vindication of the president, by the end of the year.

He questions whether the Access Hollywood tape, on which he was recorded boasting of sexual assault, is even him. (Both the Post and the Times describe Trump repeatedly denying the validity of the tape in private, “stunning his advisers,” as the Times puts it.)

It is of course entirely possible that Trump is lying to everybody, including his own staff. But the lies in these articles do not always fit into any pattern of rational self-aggrandizement. Trump tells senators or his aides the Access Hollywood tape is not him, but they don’t believe him. He has no reason to bring up the birther fabrication in private.

His apparent belief that Mueller will complete his sprawling investigation by the end of the year is not only pointless but self-defeating – rather than prepare allies for a long defense, he is preparing them for a fantastical scenario. (It is also further evidence that, when Mueller fails to vindicate him by the new year, Trump will lash out wildly, firing him, Jeff Sessions, or others.)

If Trump actually has the ability to convince himself of his own lies, it would suggest a possibility far more dangerous than even his critics have previously assumed. He might be in the grip of a mental health issue, or at least one more serious than mere sociopathy. And the mutterings that he might need to be removed from office through the 25th Amendment could grow more serious than many of us expected.

egger, scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

The New York Times is reporting that Trump still thinks Obama isn't a U.S. citizen.

stormountainman likes this.
  3. MeAgain

Trump re-tweeted several far right anti Muslim British videos.
    The tweets were made by Jayda Fransen, who has been charged with using "threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour" during a speech.
    The first is believed to have been filmed in Egypt during a political uprising, another purports to show an attack on an invalid by a Muslim...who turned out to not be a Muslim.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  4. MeAgain

Trump calls for a boycott of CNN.
    Apparently he's pissed because CNN has refused to attend the annual White House media party.

5. MeAgain

Project Veritas has been caught trying to frame The Washington Post with FAKE NEWS!
    They tried to convince the WP that Roy Moore had slept with a women and encouraged her to get an abortion. The women was hired to give a fake interview which Veritas head James O'Keefe hoped the WP would publish. Then he would expose the hoax to discredit the WP.

6. egger

egger Member

SinceTrump considers the media to be fake, he should also consider the boycott of his party to be fake and not get upset about it.

7. egger

egger Member

Instead, Trump called for a fake boycott of the fake media who instituted a fake boycott of his fake party for his fake Presidency.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Nice

That Project Veritas guy is a creep

9. MeAgain

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trumps mouthpiece, says it doesn't matter if videos Trump retweets are real as David Duke (KKK) thanks him.

egger likes this.
  10. egger

egger Member

Trump and Duke don't understand why their remarks generate such a 'fuhrer'.

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  11. egger

egger Member

So Trump and Duke are proud to show the fake videos that the fake media won't show.

12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Trump is now carrying the fake news thing to a new level. After admitting on camera that the Access Hollywood tape was true and apologizing for it, he's now questioning that it was his voice on the videotape. And he's back to the ludicrous birther charges against Obama, after having admitted during the election campaign (again on tape) that they were false. What to make of this? Trump is either losing it or has reached the cynical position that he thinks he can change facts and revise history back and forth and his base will believe it--or not care. I thought that was a Russian thing. Maybe he's been hanging out with Putin too long.

scratcho likes this.
  13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

INSANITY

How do you rationally discuss madness?

And why are more than 30% of Americans still giving this support why are Republican representatives still giving this support?

Will it need a nuclear war to happen for those people to realise this is America’s Nero fiddling while America burns?

scratcho likes this.
  14. MeAgain

The Republicans are on the verge of getting the long awaited tax bill that will net billions for their campaign contributors.

The 30% are making a deal with the devil because they have bought into the Trump lie....he will "Make American Great Again"...for them, they don't care about anyone else.

The Republicans are making a deal with the devil because they are greedy bastards who want more money for their election coffers and themselves... and they don't care about anyone else

[​IMG]
    Simple.​

scratcho, Moonglow181 and Tyrsonswood like this.
  15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Unfortunately, so long as the economy is doing well and there is full employment, the Trump supporters will hold fast. So far, Trump's policies, which are hard to identify, other than preaching division and playing golf, have nothing to do with this prosperity, but he gets the credit--and will get the blame when the economy heads south. The Germans and Italians were fine with Hitler and Mussolini, respectively, while the good times were rolling, and their critics were silenced by the apparent success. But it can't last. The stock market will crash and burn, and the rest of the economy along with it. The premises of the tax reform are unsound. The bill will immediately hurt Trump supporters in the lowest income brackets, but will eventually hit the pocketbooks of the rest through accelerated inflation. And a sustained 4-5% growth rate is a delusion. The 1.4 trillion added to the deficit is the first move in a Republican two-step, the next step being: "Oh, goodness, gracious. The debt is too high. Must cut back on social programs like Social Security and Medicare". And who will be most hurt by that? Meanwhile, we're given ourselves over to moral bankruptcy and the politics of fear and division: flagrant nepotism, violation of the emoluments clause, and constant biting of racial and ethnic minorities--all is forgiven if the money rolls in . The Mueller report will be coming eventually. If it's bad news for Trump, how will the cornered rat and his armed and dangerous minions react? So enjoy the good times while they last, and fasten your seat belts for a rocky ride ahead. There will be hell to pay!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    NoxiousGas, scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  16. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't know. It feels to me like some people on this forum ,, who are not Americans, WANT to see America fall with this disaster we have as president, and think it is a joke...calling us cry babies and what not...jealousy? People who hate America? i don't understand anyone who still supports this disaster of a President and human being at all.......Must be pure hatred for the other party only....

Anyway...this letter from Move On and Bernie Sanders was in my emails...

Dear MoveOn member,

Throughout my political career, I have asked us all to imagine what our nation's future could be: a country with a minimum wage that is a living wage; with students graduating college without crushing debt that stifles their ability to pursue their dreams; where health care is recognized as a right for every man, woman, and child; and where we lead other nations in the fight against climate change.

I have asked us to believe that we could level the playing field and create a vibrant democracy where the billionaire class would no longer be able to buy and sell our candidates and elections.

I will always believe in that vision of America—even as I watch Republicans try to pass a tax scam that is literally the opposite agenda of what you and I have championed over the years.

As they continue to fight for more tax giveaways for their wealthy Wall Street donors, less health care for ordinary Americans, and more debt for college students, we must stand up, fight back, and make our voices heard.

That's why I'm hitting the road—with MoveOn and other partners—to share the message that we must reject this outrageous corporate giveaway. Instead, we need to invest in our communities and build an economy that works for all of us, not just the one percent.

Together, we're bringing this progressive agenda—which is supported by the vast majority of American voters—to Kentucky, Ohio, and Pennsylvania next weekend, with big rallies to push members of Congress to reject this tax scam.

Click here to chip in $3 to help MoveOn, as we go on the road to stop the destructive, obscene, and immoral GOP budget and tax plan.<Join Bernie Sanders and MoveOn: Help Stop the GOP Tax Scam>

Over the summer, I went on the road with MoveOn to help defeat the Republican "health care" bill that would have thrown as many as 32 million Americans off of the health insurance that they currently have.

And I'm going on the road again because we have to defeat this bill, too—a tax bill that will slash taxes for the rich, raise taxes on working families, and lay the groundwork for a massive attack on the most vulnerable people in our country.

This bill is an immoral disaster. If it passes, 13 million fewer Americans will be insured, and health care premiums will surge for tens of millions more. Further, the Republican budget cuts Medicaid by $1 trillion over 10 years and Medicare by over $400 billion. In order to give huge tax breaks to billionaires and large corporations, the Republican budget also makes enormous cuts to education, nutrition, affordable housing, and transportation—and will crush college students and college graduates struggling with debt.

In short: This budget will do incalculable harm to tens of millions of working families, women, kids, the sick, the elderly, and the poor. We have to fight this budget and stop it. That's why I'm hitting the road with MoveOn, and why I'm asking you to support the work that we're doing.

Now is exactly the time to demand the agenda that we fought so hard for.

Together, we must build a progressive grassroots movement across this country that not only defeats this disastrous legislation, but which leads the struggle to create an economy and government that work for all of us, not just the one percent.

Instead of cutting taxes on the wealthy, let's increase them—and use that money to pay for universal health care and free tuition at public colleges and universities. Let's raise the minimum wage to a living wage—$15 an hour—lead the world in combating climate change, transform our broken criminal justice system, and pass comprehensive immigration reform.

This is your agenda. This is my agenda. This is the MoveOn agenda. And we need to fight for it—and against the GOP's efforts to undermine it.

Yes, I am in the fight for the progressive agenda.<Join Bernie Sanders and MoveOn: Help Stop the GOP Tax Scam>

In solidarity,

–Senator Bernie Sanders

scratcho and unfocusedanakin like this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The people outside America have their own opinions influenced by their home. They wish Trump could do the same for them. I know they want the best but they would be sad and surprised if their leaders were that dumb.

18. egger

egger Member

MeAgain likes this.
  19. egger

egger Member

Tillerson has been dismantling the State Department.

Trump talks tough about how he will fix North Korea but hasn't yet nominated an assistant secretary for East Asia or an amabassador for South Korea.

Diplomats Sound the Alarm as They Are Pushed Out in Droves
    By GARDINER HARRIS
    NOV. 24, 2017

Diplomats Sound the Alarm as They Are Pushed Out in Droves

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  20. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, give your money to the Kochs. They need it more than the rest of us.

stormountainman likes this.