The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. Moonglow181

3. Moonglow181

4. Moonglow181

Keep on "CREEP"in on, Donald!

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

On Saturday Trump said he believes Putin when he claims Russia didn't try to influence the U.S. presidential election.

On Sunday he claims he believes the U.S. intelligence findings.

6. egger

egger Member

Trump hoped for a real estate crash so that he could use loans from banks to buy up property at a low price. He sued a bank and said he didn't need to repay because a crash is an act of God (but anyone who bought his property was still obligated to pay him).

Trump sued bank to get out of $40M debt after housing crash
    BY Cameron Joseph
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Tuesday, May 24, 2016, 6:44 PM

Trump sued bank to get out of $40M debt after housing crash

excerpts:

"The presumptive GOP presidential nominee sued Deutsche Bank to try to get out of $40 million in personal loans he'd taken out to build Trump International Hotel & Tower in Chicago in 2008, arguing the financial collapse was an unexpected "force majeure," or act of God, that negated his duties to repay the loan.

The lawsuit came just two years after Trump suggested he was rooting for a real estate collapse so he could swoop in and buy up property at a steep discount."

"When the New York Times asked him in 2008 whether he'd give people who bought his Chicago condos the same out he was asking for from the courts, Trump said no. "They don't have a force majeure clause," he argued."

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  7. egger

egger Member

Differing perceptions and proposed remedies concerning the crack and opioid epidemics.

Black Lives Matter Less Even in Drug Addiction
    By Center for Community Change Action

Black Lives Matter Less Even in Drug Addiction | HuffPost

From the article:

"The opiate emergency even unites political rivals. Former Congressmen Democrat Patrick Kennedy and Republican Newt Gingrich discussed at a June press conference personal and logical approach for their joint project “Advocates for Opioid Recovery.” Gingrich echoed Christie’s repose.

“There’s this myth that everybody can just will themselves off of it,” Gingrich said. “Imagine that we said, ‘You know, we shouldn’t give people insulin - they ought to will themselves to the correct diet and exercise and giving insulin makes them weaker.’”

Imagine if Gingrich’s response to the crack epidemic of the 1980s had taken the same measured approach. Back then, crack cocaine was a battle in the culture wars that became a chance to exploit racial divisions for political gain. There was little sympathetic discussion about how the people addicted to crack suffered the same risk factors as the white heroin addicts of today.

Instead, Gingrich, along with other policy experts and politicians, advocated a stronger crack-down on arrests and jail time."

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Pretty much.

Putin has been known to make comments to his people in private basically saying he has proven how stupid Americans are. The USSR was their enemy and there is much evidence proving he interfered. Yet the hate for Obama is so great Americans will turn on each other before they accept that. He knows Trump is a celebrity with a lot of personal identity tied up in him. He's the perfect tool to do this with. Of course I was not in the room but more then one person with connections say he is very proud of what is going on.

MeAgain likes this.
  9. MeAgain

Donald Trump Junior was in secret talks with WikiLeaks during last year's election.

10. egger

egger Member

It gets worse.

Trump Judicial Pick Did Not Disclose He Is Married to a White House Lawyer
    By MATT APUZZO and MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT
    NOV. 13, 2017

Trump Judicial Pick Did Not Disclose He Is Married to a White House Lawyer

"The nominee, Brett J. Talley, is awaiting a Senate confirmation vote that could come as early as Monday to become a federal district judge in Alabama. He is married to Ann Donaldson, the chief of staff to the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II."

"Mr. Talley, who graduated from Harvard Law School in 2007 and is a deputy assistant attorney general at the Justice Department, is the fourth judicial nominee under Mr. Trump to receive a “not qualified” rating from the American Bar Association and the second to receive the rating unanimously. Since 1989, the group has unanimously rated only two other judicial nominees not qualified."

MeAgain likes this.
  11. egger

egger Member

12. MeAgain

More on the Donald Trump Jr./Sr. WikiLeaks collusion:

In one instance Wikileaks asks Trump Junior to get his dad, Donald Trump Senior (our glorious president), to publish a link to the stolen Clinton emails.
    Junior doesn't respond, but 15 minutes later.........Trump senior does just that.
    Remember U.S. intelligence had already identified WikiLeaks as acting as a conduit for Russian interference in our election before all this happened.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  13. MeAgain

Jeff Sessions appears to be lying again as he is considering appointing a special counsel to investigate.....Hillary Clinton. This after he swore Congress that he would recluse himself from any such investigation.

This is particularly disturbing as the Justice Department is an independent arm of the government. Yet Sessions has been asked by Trump to investigate a one time political rival of his, Hillary Clinton, and he appears wiling to do so.
    This is the kind of thing that's done in third world countries. After winning an election you have your rivals locked up and perhaps shot.

But we all know what this is really about:
    [​IMG]

Meliai likes this.
  14. MeAgain

Republicans in a bind over Roy Moore's sex scandal.

You remember Roy Moore.
    Here's a picture of him flashing a gun at a campaign rally:
    [​IMG]
    Moore is the Alabama candidate for Congress who was twice removed from the Alabama Supreme Court and fired from being Chief Justice...all because of his prejudice leanings and abuse of the Constitution.

So, now he's been accused of sexual misconduct by five separate women and many Republicans are calling for him to withdraw his candidacy because of these allegations.

The problem is that if they think this guy should quit because of five allegations..........why do they continue to support Trump who has been accused of sexual misconduct and rape by at least 24 different women?
    Further, he's an admitted sexual predator!!!!

What gives???​

Lynnbrown and Meliai like this.
  15. Moonglow181

It does not seem to matter what Trump does......

We already knew last year, everything would still be Hillary and Obama's fault....

They still get burned at the stake, while Trump is worshipped by his supporters.....like he said himself...he could shoot someone dead and still be voted in.

How screwed up is that?

scratcho, Lynnbrown and MeAgain like this.
  16. MeAgain

Trump and the Republicans are planning on doing away with the individual mandate for health insurance to get support for their tax bill.
    What that means:
    Currently if you can afford to pay 8% of your monthly income on a minimum health insurance policy and you are above the poverty line, you must buy one or you will be fined $695 or 2.5% of your income per year.
    If you don't pay........nothing happens, there's no way to enforce it.

Why have it?
    Because that's the way health insurance works, the healthy pay for the unhealthy. If no healthy people buy insurance, the whole system collapses.

Whose idea was it?
    The Conservatives who had to find away to pay for health insurance without going to a single payer system.

What happens if the Republicans get their way?
    Health insurance rates will soar as the pool of healthy people declines and, by law, insurance companies must accept unhealthy people.
    13 million people will lose insurance but the federal government would save $338 billion over the next 10 years.

Where will the money go?

Tax cuts for the rich!

17. Moonglow181

Letter from Elizabeth Warren from MoveOn today....succinctly put....

"
    Dear MoveOn member,

I'm fighting tooth and nail to defeat the new Republican tax scam making its way through Congress.

I'm fighting this because the Republican tax scam could be another nail in the coffin for America's middle class. It's a 1.5-trillion-dollar tax giveaway—the biggest tax giveaway to giant corporations in modern history. It's a bill so insulting to working families that it actually gives Wells Fargo—the company that created millions of fake accounts to cheat its customers—the largest tax break of all.

Here's the problem: I can't stop this Republican tax scam by myself. My fellow Democrats in Congress and I can't stop the Republicans by ourselves either—we just don't have the votes.

But the health care fight proved this: The power isn't in Congress; the power is with you. You are the only firewall that will keep these cruel, vicious, and un-American GOP bills off of Donald Trump's desk. That's why I'm asking you to fight with us,

Will America become a country that rips away health care and other essential services from tens of millions of Americans in order to give tax breaks to millionaires, billionaires, and giant corporations?

I'll be honest: If the Republicans and their wealthy donors have their way, it might.

But there's a way to prevent that from happening—a path to victory. It's called the Resistance.

Earlier this year, the Resistance defeated Trumpcare by peeling off just three Republican votes in the Senate. When the vote was over in the middle of the night I ran out of the Capitol building and celebrated with Resistance members from MoveOn who were holding an all-night rally.

It's you—the grassroots Resistance—who led the charge and made that victory possible.

We've seen again and again that a determined and persistent grassroots movement can win. Now, I'm asking for your help to make sure that MoveOn has the resources it needs to lead the movement to victory once again. That'll take an all-hands-on-deck, multimillion-dollar campaign to stop the Republican tax and budget plans.

I'm in this fight because the stakes could not be higher.

Public education, Social Security, food stamps, Medicaid—they're all under attack. Money for children's health care, money to combat the opioid epidemic, money for medical research, money for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting—that funding and so much more would face devastating cuts.

All of these devastating losses for working families just to give even bigger tax cuts to millionaires, billionaires, and multinational corporations.

You and I know that we can't build the future by starving education, letting our roads crumble and bridges collapse, throwing Americans off of their health insurance, or shutting down the big pipeline of medical and scientific research in this country.

But Republicans want to do just that—and they have the votes to do it, without needing a single Democratic vote. But we can stop them by making their tax scam politically toxic.

We can't give up hope just because we're in the minority. We overcame that challenge to defeat Trumpcare again and again. And I believe that we can do the same here.

I pledge to you that I will continue doing everything that I can, because this fight may be the most important fight in a generation for America's middle class. But I need you to fight alongside me. We need you to make calls, tell your story, show up in person and rally, volunteer, and chip in, too.

I remember a time when American society worked for working people. After my daddy had a heart attack and was out of work for a long time, my mother—who was 50 years old at the time—got a minimum-wage job at Sears. Back then, a minimum-wage job could keep a family of three afloat.

That was possible because I grew up in an America that invested in families like mine. But if Trump and the Republicans in Congress have their way and make deeper cuts for working families to give more to those at the top, stories like mine will never be possible again.

I'm in this fight because I believe in an America that works for all of us. I hope you'll join me.

Thanks for all you do. "

–Senator Elizabeth Warren

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  18. egger

egger Member

Those are excellent qualifications for a Trump position.

MeAgain and Lynnbrown like this.
  19. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

The State Department got in trouble a few years ago for screwing around with teenage girls in the Dominican Republic. There are no standards for either party...they have cocks, they have a position of power, so you know they're going to exploit somebody. If they can't act respectively they need to find a job in a bar as a civilian. Both parties do this crap, it's really irresponsible.

Doesn't make us look very respectable when our politicians can't behave themselves, they should be held to a higher standard.

20. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Got to think that Steve Bannon has suffered a big hit by promoting this ass: Roy Moore. Mainline Republicans want him gone.