The Donald Trump Score Card

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by MeAgain, Nov 15, 2016.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Roger Stone is simply saying what Trump is thinking but can't say publicly or face serious backlash
    from both parties.

Roger Stone Uses Racial Slur In Live Radio Interview With Black Host

Roger Stone, whose prison sentence was recently commuted by President Trump, was heard using a racial slur during a heated radio interview on KFI AM 640’s Mr Mo’Kelly Show on Saturday evening,

Around 12 minutes into the interview, host Morris O’Kelly pressed Stone on how his closeness to Trump influenced his commutation.

Stone was heard pausing before audibly muttering: “I don't really feel like arguing with this negro,” to which O’Kelly responded by asking: “Roger? I'm sorry, what did you say?”

scratcho and Tyrsonswood like this.
  2. egger

egger Member

From 538: approval rating of Trump relative to other presidents

Trump is similar to Gerald Ford in that both had an approval rating near 40% throughout their term.

How Popular Is Donald Trump?

[​IMG]

3. egger

egger Member

Oregon Sues To Protect People From ‘Kidnap And False Arrest’ By Federal Troops
    “Oregonians have the right to walk through downtown Portland,” states the suit, which accuses shadowy federal squads of violating citizens’ constitutional rights.
    headshot
    By Mary Papenfuss
    07/18/2020 11:00 pm ET Updated 14 minutes ago

Oregon Sues To Protect People From 'Kidnap And False Arrest' By Federal Troops | HuffPost

excerpt:

"Oregon’s attorney general filed suit late Friday to stop military-style squads deployed by the Department of Homeland Security from engaging in the “kidnap and false arrest” of citizens.

The strongly worded lawsuit seeking an injunction to stop the assaults was one of several outraged responses after squads of men in military fatigues and no apparent identification leaped from unmarked vans to grab and detain people walking the streets of Portland over the past week.

“Defendants’ tactics violate the rights of all people detained without a warrant or basis for arrest, and violate the state’s sovereign interests in enforcing laws and protecting people within its border from kidnap and false arrest — without serving any legitimate federal law enforcement purpose,” notes the lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon by state Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum. The actions violate the public’s right to “safety,” and “peace,” the suit adds.

Acting head of Homeland Security Chad Wolf has defended the extraordinary actions as necessary to crack down on what he calls “violent anarchists” in Portland. But almost every one the emergency problems he listed in a recent statement on the DHS website consisted of “graffiti.”

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown (D) has dismissed Wolf’s characterization of violence as fantasy and “political theater” staged in a desperate bid to help Donald Trump win reelection."

4. egger

egger Member

Another actor in the Trump administration that is full of acting officials.

Kevin McAleenan was the previous acting head of Homeland Security secretary. He resigned and Chad Wolf later became another acting head.

McAleenan, also overseeing FEMA, was the person holding the hurricane path chart that was doctored with a Sharpie pen to make it look like Alabama was in its path to defend Trump's mistaken claim. A doctoring using a Sharpie is consistent with Trump who is well-known for using Sharpie pens to annotate.

McAleenan also defended the diversion of more than $155 million of funds from FEMA to the U.S. border with Mexico as category 5 hurricane Dorian was approaching the U.S.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ugh facepalm, +/- 70,000 by sometime in the future, yeah score

Yeah, if it had been by March 2021 he would have said in March 2021, yeah I meant a year

6. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Roger Stone uses racial slur in interview with Black radio host
    I usually listen to Mo's show, but missed it last night. He's one of a couple of voices on this station
    KFI640 leans right, but lately have been doing shows about police brutality. It's a sham though as the station is only trying to up it's ratings.

stormountainman likes this.
  7. egger

egger Member

McAleenan was also in charge of U.S. Customs and Border Protection at the same time he was the acting head of the entire DHS.

Pekoske was chosen as his deputy and was still in charge the U.S. Transportation Security Administration.

The Trump administration is known for its acting officials and ones that have assumed concurrent multiple positions.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Given the number of variables. Fauci was correct.

Which states will remain open?
    Which Governors will issue a stay at home order?
    Which Governors will issue a stay at home advisory?
    Which states will require visitors to self-quarantine?
    Which large cities will institute a curfew?
    Which states will issue a mandatory mask order?
    Will states follow the CDC guidelines for opening up
    Will states will not follow CDC guidelines for opening up
    Will the public follow state instructions to social distance?

Without uniformity and leadership at the top of the federal government the response was nothing less
    than helter-skelter.

9. egger

egger Member

An administration that conducts itself using such a scattershot approach isn't expected to be able to grapple with a real crisis such as the coronavirus.

It's like a child in a car who can hold the steering wheel while sitting in the lap of the parent while moving slowly in an empty parking lot. He isn't able to drive by himself in rush-hour traffic.

10. egger

egger Member

Trump himself contributes to the uncertainty of the mathematical models that attempt to predict coronavirus cases and deaths. His recommendations have been conflicting, such as encouraging state officials to bargain with gun-toting renegades who are opposing the health guidelines of his own administration.

Trump has also tried to capitalize off the uncertainty in the models to which his behavior has contributed. He took a worst-case model (that his supporters ridicule as being worthless) that predicted 1 to 2 million deaths with no social distancing and used it to claim that he saved 1 to 2 million people with his supposed superb response to the virus (the response that created the uncertainty).

It's the typical dog-chasing-tail, carnival-barking approach of Trump.

11. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Now Trump is refusing to answer an important question. He was asked if he would accept the results of November's election. He would give a straight answer, only a, "we'll see."

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

There's no way he'll accept a loss. He's incapable of it. I'm a little worried that the guns will become active when he loses and his cult members go berserk.
    And by the way--what happened to Eagles? He faithfully read (typed) the script he was provided (IMO) and has proved to me that some government functionary was tasked to employ people to check sites on the net, to check into ANY AND ALL that criticise trump or republicans and post the script for effect. I observed that everything he said (typed) was exactly the opposite of known facts. No one out side of hard core cult members or those that are getting paid could post such drivel. JMO of course.

13. erofant

erofant Members

Coal-fired power plants are going the way of the dinosaur. I've worked in the power generation & distribution field all my 42 year career. Utilities are going full tilt to "green" energy sources. Several old, filthy, coal-fired power plants near my home have shut down and are being converted to other types of green industries. The coal-carrying long trains quit rolling to those old plants some years ago. The same electric utilities that owned them have built vast grids of windmills & solar arrays to team with their newly built natural gas-fired power plants. Fewer and fewer power plants use coal. Coal is dying fast and Rump can't save it. His promises to coal miners will remain unfulfilled.

stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I think Eagles left the building after his status as a troll was uncovered.

stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  15. erofant

erofant Members

Political pressure on elected politicians getting results .............................. what a NOVEL IDEA !!! The people sticking together and forcing those spineless, morally bankrupt politicians to do what the people want. We ought to do more of that HERE.

Remember .......................... they work for US ................. not the other way around.

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dude, you were always going to get 100,000 to 240,000 deaths sometime in the future. It's not even an educated guess, it's just a guess

I could have trained a monkey to spell that out with scrabble tiles

17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The problem is these people refuse to adapt. They got very offended a few years ago when it was suggested they "learn to code" AKA learn how to use a computer which the world runs on. It's been a right wing talking point since. How dare they tell use to update our skill set! My grandfather didn't use email and I will not either. Coal is dirty and it's outdated. We don't need people to take those risks anymore but it's all some small towns know.

You leave school at 16 because only the mine pays good and if you can write your name you are in.

18. egger

egger Member

Chris Wallace interviews Trump.

4-minute summary of interview

Youtube video: