The Disco Biscuits w/Mickey Hart & Bill Kreutzmann

Discussion in 'Grateful Dead and Phish' started by SinnamonDragonChanta, Aug 2, 2014.

1. SinnamonDragonChanta

SinnamonDragonChanta Guest

I love news women. Do you?My vote: Gayle King, then Reena Ninan.

2. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

What's that have to do with hacking posts?

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

http://youtu.be/I_4qm6k0PiI

The Disco Biscuits with Mickey Hart & Bill Kreutzmann live at Gathering Of The Vibes Saturday, August 2, 2014.

Story Of The World
    I Don't Want Nobody to Give Me Nothing
    Confrontation
    Home Again *
    West LA Fadeaway *
    I Know You Rider *
    Eyes of the World *
    The Other One *
    Shakedown Street *
    Viola Lee Blues *
    I-Man *

And We Bid You Goodnight

* - With Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann

4. alpha_centauri

alpha_centauri Members

Bisco is OK but they were far better a decade ago. Billy and Mickey drum way too slowly for bisco's music though.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i saw the disco biscuits live a decade ago, and it was awful. granted, i was not particularly a fan in the first place, but i've never seen a live music show that wasn't somewhat enjoyable, except for this one.

i guess some band members weren't there, and it was kind of overpriced for a relatively small time act, and it was just not impressive at all.

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

So you are talking the Sammy days? I agree about Billy and Mickey I've seen them live with the Biscuits and I just don't think they knew what to do. But I met several older Deadheads who were impressed by the band despite that. They had never really followed them before but had come for Billy and Mickey.

I love them but some people just don't get what they are trying to do with their sound. They get hung up on the vocals or turned off by the EDM aspects of it. I don't know what member would be missing. There have been a few brief times over the years where for one reason or another one of them was not there. And that could really affect the show for fans so maybe to a newbie it made a difference.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ i don't know who was missing. i was told by the fans of the band there that "like half the band didn't show up," whatever that means.