The Dawkins Delusion

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Ozone, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Ozone

Ozone Member

Let's discuss Dawkins and his concept of Atheism.

It is clear that this man has studied Quantum Physics. Quantum Physics says "Time is an illusion." Quantum Physics says that there is no time and that time is really nonsense. It is applicable to the earth, of course, but it is only a partiality of the totality of reality. It is a delusion.

What this means is that not only are we here now, we are in the future and we are in the past and every possibile location that we can be, we are, at the same time. Quantum Physics has proven that one object can literally be in two places at the same time and this baffles the minds of scientists. How can I be here and in an infinite number of places at the same time? How can you and I be in the same place at the same time? This is impossible for the mind.

However, if we call God YAH, or Allah or Ya'allah then we as the totality are gods, recognizing the God which we are within and which is within us. We are nothing more than mirrors reflecting the Divine at one another in an infinite number of places throughout space and time, at the same moment and all barriers are illusions.

How does this conflict with what the religious figures have taught in their message? Does not their message declare this truth? Does not evolution continue infinitely?

It does seem humorous to me that the word "Allah" means "The God" and it comes from the name "El" or "Eloah," "Elohim," etc. Allah literally means "The God" or "The Totality" . . . The name of God in Hebrew is YHWH and means "I am what I am." There is also a past and future tense form of the name which is "I was what I was" = YHVH or "I will be what I will be" = YHYH.

If you piece YAH and ALLAH together you will have "Ya'Allah" which would mean "I Am, The God."

I feel like I am manifested in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Trying to explain this in such simple words is like trying to explain Atomic Fusion with grunts. Eventually man will evolve beyond language (or perhaps currently is and already has, at the same time). The point is . . .

What is Dawkins trying to prove? Certainly if we are going to evolve and Quantum Theory states that we already are evolving and have evolved and that we are currently in the past, present and future at the same time . . . then Dawkin's entire book and philosophy is nothing more than a Delusion.

It is the Dawkins Delusion.

It's nothing.
    It's meaningless.
    Why stand on stage and disprove God in order to evolve if we already have evolved in another dimension? Could it be because Dawkins doesn't currently even understand what he's saying and his convincing you is nothing more than he trying to convince himself.

"Those who know do not speak.
    Those who speak, do not know." - Lao Tzu (600BC)

2. Razorofoccam

Razorofoccam Banned

'a' God cannot be disproved.

We feeble little piles of redundant protoplasm cannot prove a negative.
    This does not mean god has been proved.

It only means agnosticism is the only path of the reasoning being.
    We dont know for sure.

If you want to call this fence sitting then science/philosophy and reason
    are all experiencing a painfull 'division between the legs'

We are to ignorant to know, yet. live with it.
    Why is it that occam seems the only one saying we are ignorant?
    Ignorance is a pecursor to knowing.
    WE
    MUST ALL BE IGNORANT 1ST.. THEN, we learn.

Occam

3. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

Ozone:
    I haven't read the book, but it appears he is saying that time is only a human measure of space in relation to itself. We must be everywhere we can be, not 'at the same time', but within infinity.

Occam
    Well, no, there's nothing to disprove!

Redundant in what sense?

This seems very unreasonable, in fact, I admit it is only 'rational' :D When we know, we know for sure, or we don't know.

Atheism is no contest.

Eternity means the most to the godless! lol

4. Common Sense

Common Sense Member

Umm... I don't recall Dawkins ever talking about quantum physics. Where does he talk about that?

5. Razorofoccam

Razorofoccam Banned

Dejavu

Prove, there is nothing to disprove.
    If you cannot show that random chance can result in a universe larger
    by a factor of 100 than your or my small minds can imagine.
    Then you certainly cannot 'prove' there is no 'direction' in the formation
    of that unverse.

Lift your game son. You have to have something better than that.

Occam

PS. We are redundant logically because reason has existed in biologic species for several billion years.
    We are 'not redundant' because we a a unique version of such.
    This is our
    point. Our purpose

Let us begin

6. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

Occam
    1. Everything is what it is.
    2. Everything becomes what it is.

lol

We have already begun! It is odd that in our uniqueness we, humanity, imagine we are our own end. In one sense we are.

Why would I want to prove that? The universe is formation! How could we, taking form, not direct ourselves?

7. Razorofoccam

Razorofoccam Banned

8. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

yea i'm reading "God Delusion" right now and i honestly can't remember any mention of the concept of time. maybe i'll catch it if i read it again

9. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Time is a dimension, not an illusion. it is something that we percieve, touch, feel, and study. it's as much a illusion as the computer i'm typing on (so, to say that it's an illusion is to say that everything is an illusion, which is pretty much meaningless scientifically).

s'all a matter of probability.
    there's the outside chance that all my particles could be located anywhere in space/time. but the most probable place is for them to be relatively near where i am. true there is a small chance that they could end up somewhere in papua new guinea, but the odds are so remote as to be impracticle.
    so, yeah, i'm here, there, everywhere in space/time, but i'm mostly here...