The Coronavirus Boredom Thread

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by newo, Mar 19, 2020.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's been almost 3 weeks since my last post, and we're up to 130,000 dead in the US. So far the summer weather hasn't slowed it down. Of course, all these reopenings don't help. They did finally go to phase 1 here in Portland but I have to wear a mask when I go into any store. At a bar or restaurant I can take the mask off once I'm seated, of course. And everyone working there has to wear a mask and keep everything cleaned.

And now it's hit me personally. My Aunt Edith has died of the coronavirus. She was in her 90s and in a nursing home. It's disturbing the way the virus takes its toll on nursing homes, especially with all the precautions they take. They constantly clean and sterilize everything, spraying the air with disinfectant and making all staff members wear gloves and masks, and yet the virus still gets through.

Now Dr. Fauci says we can't guarantee a vaccine by early 2021. So the only way to become immune is to get covid-19 and hope it doesn't kill you or leave you with any long-term health issues.

Yes I'm ranting again and I'm sorry. Please understand I just lost a relative to this disease and I'm upset.

2. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I am sorry for your loss newo. May she rest in peace.

3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

My condolences matey.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Sorry to hear that, Newo... Take care.

5. newo

Yes the coronavirus has finally hit home. At this rate it's just a matter of time before we all know someone who has gotten sick or died from it. And all we can do is just keep on keepin' on.

6. newo

That sucks, but things have partly reopened, in fact they're starting to reopen movie theaters. So get out and about!