the coffee party

Discussion in 'Activism' started by SucculentFlower, Mar 13, 2010.

1. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

hey yo Folkies that I love so very much~

funny thing happened just now, I stumbled upon the Coffee party & they are organizing.

This is a nice wish granted as my hubby is spittin' mad @ the TEA party, LONG STORY short: this ex-cop dude had falsely *citizen * arrested him @ a *furlough friday* rally we had been attending to support the DOE & the teachers' union.

http://mauiteaparty.com/?p=1075

Funny thing how he fucked w/my husband and published articles his and such to further his Tea party agenda. Well the police are building a case against him.

Well I guess I should get to my point: join the coffee party! Or the Billionaires for Wealth Care as they Tea party is going to rally against health care reform soon.

I'm for universal health care for everyone. And know how idiotic the currant government operates, at least it's a foot in the door to help those that are uninsured.

Yours in revolution.

2. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

I saw it on digg a few days ago. Looks cool, and about time. Note the symbolism of the Brits mucking with tea, and the colonists saying screw you, and drinking coffee. Or that's how I saw it anyway.

On a related note, doesn't it piss you off when someone crows about how little Obama has accomplished... Like he hasent been blocked.( related because these guys want accountability for the fuckheads holding our country back just to try to make Obama look bad, among others )

3. evsride

evsride are you irie?

From http://pdamerica.org/articles/news/2010-03-19-09-48-04-news.php
    "In 2009, 4,525 lobbyists were hired to influence health care reform, according to the Center for Public Integrity. According to a February 2010 analysis by the Center, 1,750 companies and organizations hired these lobbyists to represent their interests to Congress on health care reform.

The groups that sought to influence legislation include 105 insurance companies, 207 hospitals, and 745 trade and advocacy organizations—such as doctor’s professional organizations, small business interests, universities, religious groups, and American Indian tribes.
    “Lobbying dollars are some of the best money a company can spend and there are studies and studies that show that there is a great return on investment for lobbying. It is very effective,” said Sloan."

Together these entities have hired eight lobbyists for each of the 535 members of Congress"

Do you really think the insurance movers and shakers in DC are going to allow any egalitarian and truly beneficial health care reform to move forward? Whatever comes out will be sure to have the cards stacked in favor of the corporations and against the tax payers (or should I say the younger generation and our kids and our kid's kids) who will be forced to fund this boondoggle with trillions more in budget deficit spending and medicare/SS cuts.

4. evsride

evsride are you irie?

The system as it is now doesn't work and I can appreciate that fact along with the passion people have for changing things...hell I was uninsured for the better part of my life up until a year ago. We need to make sure our representatives are giving full disclosure on who they are promising what and not listening to their BS sound bytes custom tailored for Joe Shmo on CNN.

5. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Well Evan some reform is beter than none. This Bill is by no means the best they could do but its better than doing nothing. You know just a bit of what my folks have been through with the 20 plus surgeries my mother has had over the last 25 years. My father estimated that he has spent at least 1/3 of his income over the last 25 years on my mothers medical bill. They're both are in their mid 60's and because of the outrageous cost of healthcare and the insurance companies screwing them over they have nothing set aside for their retirement.

As for this arrest happy former pig he sound like he's lying through his teeth just like pigs are trained to do. I think Freud would have a field day analyzing the Tea Baggers.

One problem I have with the Tea Baggers is the fact they claim to believe in free speech but they instructed their minions to shout down the opposition and forcefully stop any and all debate.

I think that Congress should look to The Netherlands and Switzerland as a good example of a private insurance based Universal Healthcare.

These Tea Baggers claim to be against big intrusive gov't and big spending. Where were they when a Republican controlled Congress passed the Patriot Act and Bush was spending money like water on the Iraq War? Where were the Tea Baggers when Bush was spying on us?

6. Individual

Individual Senior Member

The TEA party is an acronym for "Taxed Enough Already" is the COFFEE party an acronym for anything? If not, how about "Come On, Feel Free, Expropriate Everything"?