The Change Feels Wonderful!

Discussion in 'Health' started by cozmo_g, Jun 17, 2006.

1. cozmo_g

cozmo_g Is Out Of This World

Just posting here in the Health forums to sort of toot my own horn...In the past year or two I have made a lot of healthy changes to my diet and lifestyle, and I feel better than ever, in spite of being in my mid-thirties...here's what I've done for myself:
    1. Quit smoking (the hardest).
    2. Quit drinking so often and so much (used to drink beer daily, now it's basically wine with dinner occasionally).
    3. Quit drinking sodas (empty calories, who needs it?)
    4. Quit eating fast food (and became a damn good cook in the process *toot*)
    5. Quit red meat and pork (only eat poultry and fish in limited quantities).
    6. I drink green tea daily (research the stuff, it's amazing).

I don't actually have a 'diet' per se, I just think twice about what I put into my body, and what it will do for/to me. I've increased my grains, veggies and gone more natural with everything, and I stay away from extremely processed foods. And I drink plenty of water.
    I know I'm probably preaching to the choir by posting here in Health Forums, but if anyone ever doubts that making these kinds of changes will help you feel better, I am living, smiling, jumping, running proof that it works wonders!

2. Magical Fire Lady

Magical Fire Lady Senior Member

Yep you've done a fantastic thing for yourself! Good job. =)

3. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

Great job! And you look great.

4. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

Those lifestyle changes not only affect you physically, but mentally and spiritually as well. Hats off to ya!

5. cozmo_g

cozmo_g Is Out Of This World

Why thank you!..and so do you:)