the cacao(raw natural choclate) effect

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by HerbuhLovuh, Aug 18, 2005.

1. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Did you know cacao is a psychedelic? Cacao translates to 'food of the gods'.
    The chemicals serotonin, dopamine, and phenylethylamine happen to be the precursors of natural DMT production in the brain as well as mood elevators, that which is needed to feel a sense of goodness, to focus the mind, and tons of anti-oxidants to counter what I know is your atrocious eating habits and accumulations of carcinogenic toxins that are being stored in your cells.
    The types of depressions associated with consuming rediculous ammounts of mushrooms day after day I believe can be countered to maintain the feeling of spiritual ascension as well as a working memory and run-time processing of the neurons that are created when the actives flood the synapses.
    Cacao is available in a raw, organic form in healthfood stores these days as 'nibs' or broken up pieces of the cacao bean. I am eating some right now mixed with raw, organic, unfiltered honey and thinking about how a month ago I ate mushrooms daily for over a week in large doses and realizing I will soon have finished assimilating that time warp.

2. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Adam Drewnowski at the University of Michigan found that eating Chocolate causes the brain to produce natural opiates, which dull pain and increase a feeling of well-being. Researchers at the Neurosciences Institute in San Diego, found three substances in Chocolate that "could act as cannabinoid mimics either directly (by activating cannabinoid receptors) or indirectly (by increasing anandamide levels)."

Pharmacologically Active Ingredients Compound percent
    by weight
    Neurotransmitters:
    Serotonin 0.62 - 5.82
    Histamine 0.04 - 0.13
    Methylxanthines:
    Theobromine < 1.3
    Caffeine not detected
    Tetrahydroisoquinolines:
    Salsolinol High
    Methyltetrahydroisoquinoline < 0.01
    Compound percent
    by weight
    Amines:
    Phenylethylamine 0.02 - 2.20
    Tele-methylhistamine 0.01 - 1.54
    Spermidine 0.05 - 1.15
    p-tyramine 0.02 - 0.35
    3-methyloxytyramine 0.02 - 0.33
    Tryptamine 0.03 - 0.18
    Spermine 0.00 - 0.13

http://www.mrkland.com/fun/xocoatl/science.htm

3. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh man they should concentrate that stuff
    it tastes pretty strong though
    but i guess thats caus of all the drugs in it

4. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

you can grind it in a coffee bean grinder and mix it in smoothies

5. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I always thought I got a little cocaine taste in chocolate

6. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

refined sugar ;)

7. Primus

Primus Member

Cool stuff. I'll try getting some. Does this work with powdered cacao?

8. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Powdered? Most likely powdered cacao has been cooked and will lack the clear light vitality of the raw, organic cacao.
    Can be ordered from rawfood.com

9. Primus

Primus Member

So its an MAOI? Not good for those of us that do drugs..

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

well, the reason maoi'a are bad for drug users is because they make the drug too strong ot handle? but the maoi level in chocolate is at a level which just would enhance a drug in a non lethal way

11. The Flow

The Flow Member

To all those who have never tasted raw cacao:

Be prepared for a very bitter taste! It becomes better, if you only eat a tiny bit and drink some coffee afterwards.
    The swiss chocolate manufacturer "Lindt" offers a special chocolate with 99% cacao, which almost hasn´t been heated during the manufacturing process. When I first tasted this choc, it was like an explosion in my mouth and an enourmous endorphine rush through my body... :)

12. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Yes. You can mix the raw, unprocessed organic cacao with honey and eat it by the spoonfull. I am intense and the bitterness is delicious to me(or is it the effect? ;)).
    It mixs deliciously in smoothies or if you have vanilla ice cream you can dump handfulls in it to get the rewards.

13. nesta

nesta Banned

the flow: the highest percentage cocoa i'm seeing in any lindt products is 85%.....perhaps you're thinking of another company or they don't make it anymore?

14. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Maybe it went out of production since not many people can handle something real. ;)

15. The Flow

The Flow Member

No, it´s definitely 99% (I bought the last one only a couple of weeks ago)!

16. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

MAOIs do not make the "drug stronger" it can actually cause deadly blood pressure increases when mixed with other drugs. It is a VERY serious issue and on the rare chance you have been taking an MAOI (and in some tests St John's Wort contains MAOIs and in some tests it didn't) stay away from all the foods (anything fermented, or containing tyrosine ect) and all other drugs for at least two weeks after your last dose of MAOIs. Luckily, these drugs are rarely used at all anymore. They were just too dangerous, considering eating a pickle or an olive a fava bean or a glass of wine might kill you.

Jeez, no wonder I get migraines from chocolate at times of the month. All those amines and histamines.

17. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

That is a rediculous warning about MAOI's.
    People with powerful constitutions have tested it and they can take strong MAOI's and drink coffee and do fine.
    Also the reason you get migraines from choclate is in all probability due to your sugar addiction and has nothing to do with the actual cacao content, LoL!