the cabinet of dr. caligari. (2005)

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by blackcat666, Oct 29, 2011.

1. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

so, last night i watched this 2005 "talkie" version of the 1920 silent classic.
    i was so sure that, by a quarter of the way into this movie it would be so bad that, i would be forced to turn it off and, bitch and moan about another great classic turned into a shitty remake... HOW VERY, VERY, VERY WRONG I WAS ON THAT POINT!
    yes, i must eat crow on this one.

by the time this movie was over i was soooooooo giddy with excitment and joy that, i wanted to jump, shout and, shit!
    :party:

'the 1920 version of 'the cabinet of dr. caligari' is one of the greatest movies of german expressionism of the silent movie era!:2thumbsup:
    the 2005 version delivers 100% on the 1920 classic!

after watching the 2005 version of 'the cabinet of dr. caligari' i, then watched my copy of the 1920 version... IT WAS JUST SOOOOOOOO FUCKING CREEPY!
    I HAVE NOT BEEN SCARED LIKE THIS BY, ANY MOVIE IN ONE HELL OF A LONG, LONG, TIME!
    :willy_nilly:

2. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Wow, I didn't even know there was a newer one. I absolutely love the original. I'll have to check this out.

The original is visually one of the best movies I've ever seen.

3. Well Arranged Dust

Well Arranged Dust Member

I may have to give this one a chance after reading this. The original is hands down my favorite silent film and in spite I never gave the new one a chance.