The best city to live?

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by magickman, Dec 15, 2017.

1. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Looking to move over there in a few months, can someone fill me in on the better/ worse places to live?
    And play live music...

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

probably columbus. just steer clear of toledo and you'll be alright. i've also heard nothing good about youngstown, although i know some of the suburbs there are alright.

i'm just referring to legitimate large cities here; there's plenty of small towns to avoid as well.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I wouldn't know... I live in the woods.

magickman likes this.
  4. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I visited Cleveland last summer..it seemed ok but the GPS didn't want me to leave the downtown area.

5. RollTideKendra

RollTideKendra Members

My three fav cities other than my hometown:
    -1)Nashville TN
    -2) Denver CO
    -3) Marathon Key FL

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

From everything I've seen and experienced I think Denver would be my fav big city to live in, not because I'm a broncos fan or a stoner but it was just so chilled and laid back. 16th street mall area anyway :p

7. magickman

I wanna go to CO for the MJ, haha!...really bad.
    But, gotta stay within reasonable distance from my folks, they're getting on in years.
    If it isn't legal by the time they're gone. prob. heading to CO.

8. magickman

It's legal in Uruguay in South America, but only for natives.
    Apparently they they don't believe in tourism.

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Never Lived In A City And Hopefully Never Will.......Unless My Health Fails And I Am Forced

To Move Closer To Medical Assistance.

Where I Am Now Is 14km From The City...... In Bushland .......And I Love It......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  10. magickman

lived in Indy for a while...nothing like hearing sirens, every night, non stop from 1am to 4am. And my appt was way back off the main road.
    City in TN wasn't so bad in that respect, but thieves were worse.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I seriously dare to recommend my city for stoners. Also for many other kinds of people btw :p I feel lucky to be here.

btw: maybe Uruguay took notice of Amsterdam. Which pretty much gets raped by mass tourism, of which a significant amount consists of people who mainly got drawn to the image of marihuana capital.
    I'm still interested in visiting Uruguay though :p

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Isnt Ohio the epicenter of the heroin epidemic

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it was. judging by the responses to this thread, i think ohio has annexed the entire US, so that's not really a valid statistic anymore.

Meliai likes this.
  14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Hazard, KY...yeah, stay away from there.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Bet they make good KFC there? Well I thought that about Tennessee too and it was the worst KFC ever.

magickman likes this.
  16. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Palm Springs. It's a city, but it still has a community atmosphere with a main street and down town shops. It also has plenty of festivals. It's at the base of a 12,000ft snow capped mountain with a tram to the top. I can go for a jog from the center of town and be in the middle of nowhere in the mountains in 20 minutes. I like all the mid-century modern architecture too. The sunrises and sunsets are incredible.

17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

They love pagan lesbians around here...come, on, down!

magickman, GLENGLEN and Irminsul like this.
  18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

oxymoron.

don't get me wrong, i eat KFC too, but it's never really good. give me church's chicken any day.

you're probably not supposed to say this, but really if you want good chicken you need to go where a lot of black people live. unfortunately, everyone's italian here, so i have no choice but to resort to KFC for my chicken needs.

Hugs & Spit and magickman like this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yup

Best fried chicken I've ever had was at this tiny place in the hood cooked by this tiny ancient black lady.

KFC suuuuucks

magickman likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

i was down south, i thought black people lived down south :p
    i remember in bristol tennesee, this ugly ranga behinf counter on main drag, fuck.. we didnt understand any thing guy said. his accent was so.. yocal?? cleetus the slack jawed yocal.
    it was impossible, i had to bullshit my way through the conversation to get my meal, and it was all you can eat, never seen that in a KFC before.
    we get motherfucken beer in KFC in germany, i dont see no beer in tennesee, not even the motherfucken moonshine on the menu. disappointed

the chicken was hard, the bread was stale. it was horrible and to make it WORSE the fries were wedges. i fucken hate wedges and htio sbig cop, man dude was fucken massive, fat massive, like this marrfucker aint getting out of his seat if a hamburgler came in. he was huuuuge. with his big .38 on his hip lol. marrfucker, he wouldnt be able to squeeze that trigger :p