the bad effect

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by littlemistymop, Jan 17, 2005.

1. littlemistymop

littlemistymop Member

does anyone else have this problem..

smoking pot regularly is fantastic, i love the feeling and its so beautiful.
    but when i have to go to work (i work in a supermarket) i am just so bitter and rude and everything annoys me and i just wanna kill all the customers and shit.. i know its the pot because when i smoke lots everyday it gets heaps worse.
    but would i rather have fun and home and enjoy myself, or sacrifice it just to feel sane at work?
    im stuck!

2. TheJolta

TheJolta Member

Actually I'm the other way around. The adderall i take for my add usually makes me act like that but when i smoke before I go to work it tends to cancel out the adderall.

3. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

solution: dont go to work high....

4. carsick

carsick Member

i uster smoke it everyday , then i realized i was doing it to escape morbid reality but it was the weed that was making my reality morbid and that loop hole is what really makes me dislike it (in exxcessive amounts).

i uster get that bitter feeling lying in bed at night . swearing at all the tossers on tv and at all the thoughts in my head!

5. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

no, isnt the problem that shes not smoking before work, so shes sober, and when you smoke regularly, being sober and having responsibility can get on your nerves bigtime. but its never made me mean or viscious, because drugs dont exactly make you think thigns youd never thing, but just make you think different amounts on different things. like, when your stoned, you look into thigns deeply, and are generally mellowed out, and chill with things (as long as its not an issue of paranoia) and then when you get sober, irrationality and irritability can take over.

but i like mostly all the people i work with, id hate it if i didnt

6. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Some pot heads here on this forum get angry and uptight, I've noticed.

7. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Agreed. Geez, do it on your own time, not your boss's.

Funny though, I'm usually a chill dude, but lately, I've been getting really annoyed by the idiot customers at work. I think it's because I hate my job.

8. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i dont agree with that, as long as your still capable of doing your job.

9. JamesR420

JamesR420 Member

i jsut got a job at the loacal burger king. I get blazed before work and i dunno before i got there that burger king was horrible. im not bragging i thought id start out cleanin toilets but they started me out at the drive thru. so far i ahvent fucked up an order and i have so much fun. I love grabbing all the diff items and arranging them int he bag so nothing spills and the customer is happy. I dont know why people despise fast food workers, i love to please the customers because i know i hated this burger king when i used to be a customer because itd take twenty minutes to get my damn food. i think you just have to have a job where u can function high and get your job done.

10. McJesus

McJesus Member

Unfortunately, anytime I got blazed before/during work it would definitely reflect in my performance. I'm generally lazy but I was just a slug while high. Thankfully, two of the three jobs I've had the priviledge of working at have catered to my desires. One, an Italian restaurant where everyone else was blazed. And second, tech support for my local isp. I was only one in office during my shift. Good times.

11. xanexehsx

xanexehsx Member

yeah actually, if im not in a good mood to begin with, weed will just make me in a worse mood. and i have gotten really annoyed with people..

12. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

I would imagine going to work would be fine if you had a job that you could do capable when high and have nice people to work with.

13. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

smoking just calms you,

14. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Right now, the picture in Rasta.Penguin's sig is calming me. Damn thats a nice pic...

15. littlemistymop

littlemistymop Member

ARG youve got it wrong. I said when I smoke every night or even reguarly, I cant narky at work the next day, I dont go to work stoned!!!!
    I used to a bit and id be all calm and sweet to start with then just get real tired so I havernt done that in ages..
    I mean the sober effect it has on me.. and I really love all the folks I work with I just cant stand the customers!
    Its just moods I guess, highs n lows

16. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

So youre talking about the after effect? Has it always left you feeling kinda bitchy, or just more recently? Maybe something you're doing different with the weed (or something different in life, in general~ diet, exercise (or lack of), depression, etc) that's causing different after effects.

Me, I'm just naturally annoyed by the customers at my job, for some reason, when you put a shopping cart in someone's hands, they turn into an idiot, an asshole, an annoying person, or all three.

17. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

sounds like you just hate your job serving the public

I don't think it's the pot.

18. AannaSolo

AannaSolo Member

Do you just hate your job and the lack of connection with anyone? seen "clerks"?

19. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

ha! that movie rocks!

20. FreeSpirited420

FreeSpirited420 Member

I'm exactly the same way. Although, I'm a cashier. People just rub me the wrong way. It's like a nic-fit, but not for nicotine, just for marijuana. It's like "Oh man, only one hour until I get to have a break and have a joint while I'm outside"...then I'm good to go. I am pretty much the afternoons person who runs the shit, so I can virtually do anything I want. But, I do know what you're talking about being irritable. :( Hang in there. I'm in the same boat as you. :(