The American Dream

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by skip, May 21, 2004.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Is this what America stands for?

If YOU don't stand for it, whaddya gonna do about it?

2. Megara

Megara Banned

no, just the right for you to continually knock it.

3. Maverick

Maverick Banned

No. Assuming so is stupid and irrational.

What I can, nothing. It'll take care of itself. they're getting court martials and military trials. I'm sixteen, I can't do anything.

4. DharmaBum

DharmaBum Old Guard

5. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Skip, I'm not voting for Bush for one thing.

6. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

I have seen some of these new pictures and I agree with Bush that these are sick and disgusting and anti-american actions.

That particular photo Skip posted is a 'question mark' to me.
    Im not sure why the man is bloody, where he came from etc?

Even if the prisoner is a rapist or a murderer - I do NOT think there is anything appropriate about a soldier 'grinning' or smirking about it.

If you have captured a murderer - then you be sober and serious and only smile once you know you have made the world safe from the criminal - but dont 'enjoy' capturing him.

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

You could say that's what America's government stands for. But you can't say all Americans stand for what its government stands for. I certainly don't, and I know many Americans who also don't (most people I know, actually).

As far as what I do about it, I stay informed by keeping up with the news and constantly questioning the government and its actions both here and abroad.

Being informed is the single most important thing a person can do. It's not about just watching CNN, MSNBC or FOX News, but looking further than what the mainstream media presents. The mainstream media often presents only one altered side of the story and that's it, so you have to dig deeper and question things for yourself based on an accumulated knowledge.

But to even infer those pictures represent all Americans is downright blasphemous. I don't think any logical, resonable person thinks that.

8. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

These guys are sick twisted sex pervs. It's pretty sick the enjoyment they get out of themselves and these situations. The way it's tolerated will decide if it's what America stands for. I hate to sound so shitty, but personally I could really care less about it. I look at it as more of a sexual fetish the Americans seem to have and although I sympathize with the prisoners situation as a victim I haven't seen anything as terrible as a be-heading.

9. Cosmic Butterfly

Cosmic Butterfly Member

Is that shit?

10. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

it looks like feces.... the guys hands are covered in it too, like they made him take shit and smear it on himself....

sick fuckers. totally degrading.... what purpose does this serve?

11. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

even if many americans dont agree with it, dont think there is THAT much we can do...

you think "we" (americans) have much power...think again.

12. Mari

Mari Member

Actually I just heard on the news that they were made to eat out of toilets :(

I think that was the point :(

13. MaxPower

MaxPower Kicker Of Asses

Why not just immediatey dishonorably discharge all responsible parties?

14. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

well once all the responsible parties get court-martialed (sp?), then they will be dishonarable discharged most likely for bringing discredit upon the US military.

15. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

This goes far beyond "just a few people," as the government would lead you to believe. It goes much, much deeper than that. Rumsfeld knew about all of it, and I am sure he is the one who proposed the torture in the first place. If anyone should be held accountable, it should be Rumsfeld and that he-she who was running the prison.

16. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

Oh no you don't

17. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

man, this stuff just makes me completely sick to my stomach. what the fuck made it something they could even do in the first place? how can you look anyone in the face and say "hey, i have an idea, let's make them eat out of the toilets!" i've really despised some people in my life, but nothing ever made something like that seem like a good idea.

and please don't just go on about soldiers being prone to cruelty. my father was in vietnam, and we've got a few hundred people living here that he managed to smuggle out, because he's a good guy. my brother was a medic, during desert storm it was his job to not only fight if he had to, but take care of people, on either side of the confrontation. i know lots of men who've served their country specifically for the ideal of serving their country, not because they wanted to go fuck someone up.

these people are plain sick, and just a dishonorable discharge wouldn't be enough. to save the military from being overpopulated with people thinking they can get away with these horrors, they need to really make an example of these fuckers, but also to pscyhologically evaluated and rehabilitate thembefore these people are unleashed on society.

18. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

The american public needs to make sure that just punishing the 12 or so guys they named isnt enough. We know this goes higher up the chain than that, and we cannot let anyoen forget we know this. Don't let their current actions be good enough. keep up the public outcry until Rumsfeld finally has to pay. The longer our society can't let this go, the more they will have to do about it.

19. Maverick

Maverick Banned

Yes, I completely understood. I never said that about Skip, did I?