The ambience of hot summer nights

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

They are quite unlike anything else, whether in the country or in the city. Does anyone agree? I like to go sit on a patio somewhere, or on the outdoor deck of a bar that isn't too crowded, with a good beer and having just smoked some good weed, just taking in the atmosphere. It seems like the summer is off to a slow start so far. I mean, the official start of summer is still a few days away, and while we have seen some really nice days so far this spring, it seems like nothing compared to last year. It felt like we were into summer a month or two before it even started. This year it seems like the spring wants to hang around for as long as it can. All this rain is depressing.

But I long for those hot summer nights, just soaking in the quiet ambience.

Has the summer unofficially arrived where you are yet?

2. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Spring is most likely lasting longer than usual because winter did not want to seem to give in to Spring, as was evidenced by all the snow well into Spring.

I live in Florida, so it is basically summer all year round.

3. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

It's supposed to be 95 today, but most evenings cool off and become pretty nice. I don't decide it's officially summer until it's hot even at night, lol.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

There was a time in May of this year that it was hot and humid and in the mid to high 90's and I really thought it was gonna be like last year again. It honestly felt like more summer then than now in a way. Now it's cooler... in the 70's and 80's. But idk, I kinda like that. 80-85 is really nice. Once it gets to be too high- 90's and 100 or so every day and HUMID even at night... idk, I like it if I'm in a place where I CAN be sitting outside chillaxing at night- the beach or just able to go to outdoor shows n stuff. If I'm stuck home it kinda sucks... there's not a good outside area to sit here really and I hate my one neighbor so I try to avoid him. Was actually talking about moving earlier today but anyways. Yea, it could stand to get a bit hotter.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

little more south its beautiful.

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

How much further south... how many states?

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

Im in Penisylvaina, like VD...

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Oh I'm in PA too and it's nice out ... not raining or anything but it's not super hot or anything. Like 80 maybe? 78? I don't know.

and.... umm ??? lolz

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

cant wait to get out this sick infected state..

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Where are you now?
    I want to leave this state...

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

shitsburgh the sports fraternity ya cant run away from..

12. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Humor about Pittsburgh people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aisS7UEqalM"]IQ Machine - YouTube

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

I hate this crack and mold place..

14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

You haven't seen stupid and ignorant until you've been to Cheyenne. I hate this town.

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I have too much energy to just sit around and relax and enjoy a summer eve until I've played a few hours of basketball out in the hot sun to the point of exhaustion - then I can sit and relax with a cold beer :2thumbsup:

Hotwater

16. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

Here summer really started last week and yes, summer evenings are great :2thumbsup:.

17. ThePepsiSyndrome

ThePepsiSyndrome Member

Spent the day yesterday traipsing across Washington DC. Saw the Declaration of Independence, The Constitution & the Magna Carta. Then walked to the White House. Barely broke a sweat the whole day.

18. My names Cory

My names Cory Senior Member

I love summer nights.. especially watching the sunset.

I just returned from a wild week at the beach w/ friends.. so I still have the beach vibes with me. But I definitely like summer is here :sunny:

19. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Indeed, nothing like it. Summer's been very late here in the Netherlands, but when it arrives it is very nice. It's still light outside until after 11pm and nothing beats sitting outside with a Trappist beer watching people.

20. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

It is light out side for a while now. Anyways, after I said it wasn't raining here or anything I looked outside a little later and it was pouring and there were little mini streams all over the parking lot... think it may have stopped though now but not sure...
    we didn't get much rain though in april...