The ageing process

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by phil1965, Oct 14, 2020.

1. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

Has anyone ever wondered about the ageing process, some people age slowly and gracefully, others seem to get hit with it all at once. Recently over the last few months I've been having more problems with my back, I hurt it years ago but now it seems to have gotten worse all of a sudden, then my knee's started playing up, perfectly normal thing in someone in my job, we're prone to it, last night I rolled over awkwardly in my sleep, the pain in my shoulder soon woke me up though! The best diagnosis I can come up with at the moment is 'frozen shoulder', it hurts like hell when I try and raise my arm it's my drinking arm too, luckily I'm not going to the pubs at the minute so no worries there, but it made me think, I've been great for years and then all of a sudden it's like everything goes wrong at once.
    I feel like a really dodgy car, normally a car gives little problems you know, you need the break pads done this year, maybe a new battery next year you don't mind that, I feel like a car that has suddenly packed up completely, loads of bits need sorting at once, it's a good job I'm not a car, my wife would have had me in the scrapyards weeks ago!

mysticblu21 likes this.
  2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Phil this should be in Random thoughts really my lovely. It is not just UK members that age. xxx

However, I think it is called the old war wounds effect.
    Now, I guess this is also down to inherited genes.
    I have this brilliant vid somewhere.
    I will add it later.

mysticblu21 and phil1965 like this.
  3. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the club Phil matey - its called Anno Domini - you're getting to be an ancient wrinkly !!! - seriously, you may well have 'Uncle Arthur' - Arthritis !!!

phil1965, mysticblu21 and Candy Gal like this.
  4. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

This guy?
    [​IMG]
    (Don't know if the sitcom Bewitched is known in the UK. A guy unwittingly marries a witch and hilarity ensues. Lots of humor and nice Chevys. Paul Lynde played Samantha's Uncle Arthur. He was a character. So was Uncle Arthur!)

mysticblu21 likes this.
  5. Vladimir Illich

No silly sod !!! - Uncle Arthritis !!!

mysticblu21 and phil1965 like this.
  6. Vladimir Illich

I was born 'old' - that was seventy one years ago !!!

mysticblu21 likes this.
  7. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I do think it's a matter of Spirit and Soul
    (Old Souls can have young bodies - and youngsters being old before their time)

mysticblu21 likes this.
  8. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

I've had joint problems for ages, uncle arthur first appeared in my hads several years ago but I coped, now I've got a disc in my lower spine playing up, spondylosis in my neck, around C2/C3 area, 2 knackered knee joints and my hip is starting to ache with limping, I think it's the lack of activity that's doing it. I think after years of hard graft the inactivity has caused my body to think I've retired and it's gone into 'falling to bits' mode. lol

9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Perhaps at some time in the future, advances in medical procedures will make us all like that famous broom that had 6 new heads and 4 new handles. :)

phil1965 likes this.
  10. It's all cool! Everyone gets old. There are associated problems obviously but accepting that it's part of a natural process helps. Mental acceptance goes a long way to not dwelling on new aches and pains or inability to do what you used to. Life is for living to the best of your abilities regardless of age or physical capabilities. Embrace it people!

Sexwise likes this.
  11. Vladimir Illich

I accepted my disabilities some eighteen years ago Etherea darlin' when arthritis first attacked my hips and then my knees.

12. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Phil if you have Rheumatoid Arthritis then you need to keep exercising. Just gentle not excessive. Ever tried Tia Chi?
    If you have Gout then you need to change your diet. No more tomatoes or beer.Some other members of the Nightshade are also doubtful.Eating sour cherries ( buy them in a jar) is good for gout.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  13. Just had my 4th knee surgery last Wednesday. Things progressing nicely.

Donnee likes this.