The 60's man!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by candy, Jun 3, 2004.

1. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I was hoping that someone would say that I was making some kind of sexist comment. Obviously it wasn't meant like that, but I just wanted to say something that would be short. But honestly, I think if people want to eat meat they should take responsibility and raise and kill the animal themselves. Even if you dont' have to see the animal die, it suffers much much more than if you killed it yourself. If you can't kill it yourself, then you shouldn't be eating it.

I would never in a million years eat ribs again. The thought makes me want to vomit.

2. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

But I told you... it was traumatic! The blood squirt, the non-chalant chicken face on the ground staring at its own bloody body running away... rated R stuff, and I was a youngin'.
    cows 'round here get a bolt shot in the head... it's really quick and painless. Before they die they lead a pretty comfy life. Now they don't worry about all that bad stuff that comes with old age.
    I've had a calf suck on my fingers.... they suck well let me tell you.
    another traumatic event in my life occured when I witnessed a pig being castrated... I won't get into that though, especially if ribs makes you vomit. and speaking of the ribs... the sauce I make, the brown sugar, mmm... play a little of that by the Rolling Stones tune, have a few drinks on the beach, invite the communists and get it on all night long, snortin' valium, eating ugly babies.... relax, man.

3. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I've seen a pig castrated too, and I've witness animals being butchered. But instead of this making me a pansy who will eat meat but can't bear to see it being killed, it made me not want to inflict that kind of pain and suffering on another creature for a meal, when that meal isn't even necessary.

4. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

Pansy!… hmmm… perhaps, being the lady that you are, you are immune to the sight of testicular removal. It was most disturbing to this particular pansy, as it would be for anyone with testicles.

And kudos to you… your morals are admirable, your words, well-rehearsed… looks like PETA has themselves another soldier… onward, mighty herbivore… may your tofu be tasty as a t-bone!

Does this mean you’re not coming over for baby on the barbie?

I concede an honest disagreement... I think that’s where we’re heading…

an over-abundance of food has created the animal lover, a special breed indeed, big hearts, low priorities. I’ve witnessed first hand starvation on a mass scale, human death… but God have mercy on our cows.

Animals are here to eat, have always been here to eat, and always will be… as SirRubin pointed out, that’s why cows are still around. if someone puts a plate of something, anything, edible in front of me, I’m gonna eat it, I’m gonna like it, and I’m gonna consider myself blessed that I can live a few more days.

Again, your morals are admirable, but the time and effort you and people like you spend amassing this knowledge, your protests and what have you, is, in my opinion, disgusting. A cow ain’t gonna find a cure for cancer, baby.

5. antithesis

antithesis Hello

You've made quite a lot of assumptions about my there. And they aren't even true. For instance, I despise PETA, I think that those people only drive away people, not convince them that animals should have rights. And they seem to be more about their own glory than for animals.

Also, I was horribly disturbed the the castration and I dont' know why you think that I wasn't.

And it's not like I spend my whole life researching this or doing protests. And it's not like I am going to cure cancer if I stop thinking about animals.

6. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

And now PETA despises you. And of course I assumed you're a PETA freak... you gave me no other reason, listen to yourself, talking 'bout the feelings of a cow... fuck the cows! Kill 'em all and pack 'em up and send 'em to Africa with some bbq sauce and a card that says Now You Can Stop Dying. Stop thinking about the cows and maybe you will figure out ways to feed PEOPLE, I have faith in you. Your beef is with the meat producers, not the natural omnivores.
    At least we can agree about pig castration. ew.

7. moonbeam

moonbeam Member

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes....

but we have got today. and you got to call that love man, because that is what it is man, you dont wear it tomorrow if you got it today! as we learned on the terrain, tomorrow [and yesterday] never happens[happened] man. Its all the same fucking day man

8. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I never said that cows were more important than humans. And of course my problem is with the meat industry. But you are the one supporting the meat industry. I have absolutely no problem with someone who raises (and cares for and doesn't torture) their own animals for food.

9. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

I give equal to support to all businesses that contribute to my well-being, including the meat industry. They are farmers, after all, good people, honest work... it seems as though you view them with Hug Your Animal eyes, as tortuous evil empires hell bent on inlficting pain on everything with a pulse, screaming murder murder murder! You watch too much 60 Minutes. Like I said, livestock 'round here is killed quick and easy, after leading a most comfy life... in fact... yes: eat, produces gas, sleep under stars, get tipped now and then, have a machine suck on your teats! Damn, man, where do I sign? No longer worry about the debilitating effects of old-age.... one day you're in a beautiful field and then BAM! Next thing you know you're in heaven looking on a family that is eating and growing and living off your remains. What are you going to do when you die?
    And you can provide me with all the research out there, regarding the inhumane treatment of animals, but so long as people are dying, I don't wanna hear about it or any snobby attitudes towards natural meat eaters. Try loving more than hating. I respect hard working people who provide an abundance of food for other people. I do not respect minds that have not yet bloomed telling me they disrespect my good-natured mentality.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna unpack my Springfield 308 and hunt me some antelope... if there's one thing I've learned from Trading Spaces it's that walls need horns, and not that shit from Ikea. I will head out in the morning, and I will shoot that antelope as many times necessary... and then, with my 12-inch hattori bowie knife (7-inch blade), i will start at the base of the skull and proceed to severe its vertebral column. And later in the night, after a few drinks and a fine bloody meal, the kids of the tribe and I will cut open the antelope's inflated belly, a pillow really, and throw all that grass at each other... good days and good nights... my interest in this debate is falling asleep.

10. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

and the 60's... man, they rawk!
    good, visible, unhindered spirits. they've passed the torch, man. light it up.

11. butterfly

butterfly Member

Aspects of the 60s were AMAZING. But you only see the good bits. Don't be fooled into thinking most of it wasn't as mundane as life is today. It would have been pretty sweet if you were a rock star, but the majority people had ordinary jobs and had to think about the everyday things.

It would be amazing if all that free love, and mass believe in peace was in such fashion today (because that's what it was then - FASHONABLE), but take the good things from that decade and bring them into your life today, we live in good times, don't take it for granted. Don't let today slip away from you because all you do is wish you lived 40 years ago.

Oh, and I think speech is freer today.

12. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Not only do I wish I lived in the 60s, I feel like I've gone back in time when I smoke and go out in public.

13. Ocean Byrd

I don't like our generation so I don't live like I'm in it, big deal. I don't rag on you for how you live, try to return the favor.

14. butterfly

butterfly Member

He's only trying to help. No one wants to see you wasting your life. If someone feels that all of their generation is horrible, then something has to be wrong.

15. Ocean Byrd

I don't think it's horrible, I just don't like some of the 'hip' things.

16. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

Yeah, I should have lived during the 60's I was definitely born in the wrong generation! :(

17. candy

candy Member

then we meet moonbeam!:)
    the 60's rule!!

peace!

18. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

I Wished i lived in the 60s, Wish i could of went to Woodstock69

[​IMG]

19. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

[​IMG]
    You won't ever see that again.

20. Ocean Byrd

I garuntee that I would probably have been the most avid bud, LSD, and mushroom user ever if I'd lived in the 60's; I love those 3 substances.