The 60's man!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by candy, Jun 3, 2004.

1. candy

candy Member

I don't know 'bout you guys but...I wished I lived the 60's man...free speech,free music,grand pot,beautifull people,flower power,peace,...
    damn ,damn...
    So...are there any other people here who feel/think the same?
    or maybe not?

peace
    candy

2. Neonate

Neonate Member

Yeah...sometimes i wish that i would have been there...all that love and peace and freedom the hippies had...:)...im gonna build a time machine and go back to the great 60's :)

3. candy

candy Member

yeah man!
    that's the spirit!
    I'll come with you man...we'll fly on to the rainbow times!
    YIHA!

peace!

4. Neonate

Neonate Member

hehheh :D and our time machine will be a 60's hippiebus :D

5. candy

candy Member

hell yeah!
    pretty cool ,pretty cool!
    flashing our peace signs! yeah!
    :)

peace!

6. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

I suppose it would've been cool, my dad says pot and LSD and well, everything was real cheap and all. Hmm, I could've stalked Jim Morrison and stuff... :D haha, but, living through the sixties means you have to live through the eighties... no thanks my friend.

7. kier

kier I R Baboon

use the experiences you and others have had in the past to aid you now and in the future, but you can't live in the past :p

8. joe

joe Banned

Ya know not everything you see on the television or hear about the sixties was ALL peace and free love, there was still a war and TONS of violence, people were fighting in the streets people being shot and killed by police officers, nothing different than today. The sixties were an uprising towards a new freedom yes, But there were alot of people killed and murdered. many soldiers who came back from the War were often Looked upon in shame causing them to devolop breakdowns and depressions. and mant teenagers had died from overdoses on all the drugs they had taken. it was only a good time for the few who never saw all the tragedy.

9. Skelter

Skelter Helter

i love the sixties, they were so exciting. Everyday i wish i could have been there.

10. marymicrogram

marymicrogram Member

Rock n roll will never be as godly, dope never as cheap, something else never as something...

That was a quote by the way... or should I say a misquote. Bob Dylan, I believe. Just pretend I remembered it.

I wouldn't have liked to live in the '60s. I couldn't go through 'Nam. Let's stop dwelling on the past and tackle the problems of today's world, hokay? Don't worry- you can still keep your Big Brother and the Holding Company albums.

11. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Yes...i would also love to live in a time of government opression, war, riots........

12. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

rubin i dont think ive ever seen a positive post from you

and yea, i woulda loved to have been around in the 60's

13. PuZuZu

PuZuZu Member

dude....i almost want to live in the 60s with a passion but must ignore this desire!!!

14. sef

sef Member

well if you lived properly you wouldnt have to live through the eighties my friend

15. freakwentflyer

freakwentflyer Member

There's so much to say about this subject, but I'll just say that one reason the hippie movement of the 60's was so "cool" is because it was made up of young people who grew up in the very innocent age of the 50's and early 60's. Young people were much more socialble, and positive minded. Even though they were protesting against the society that created them. TV, movies, and music, was all about love and adventure or silly escapism. No reality type violence. No anger. The closest thing to it was the movie "Rebel Without A Cause". Even the evening news was filtered until later in the Viet Nam war.
    Society has lost it's innocence and you just can't go back. But, maybe their's something better ahead in the future. Maybe we can learn to be positive and love one another without the naive innocence.

16. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

I would have loved to have lived in the Sixties, the counterculture was so much more vibrant back then. But wasn't the pot back then a good deal weaker than the stuff we have today (what with hydroponics and all that).

Hear hear, the only way we'll be able to relive the sixties (all that was good about the Sixties, of course) is to be active now and help make a movement happen again.

17. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

The idioticy, immaturity and ignorance of this forum tickles my "pessimistic bone".

18. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

Nah, I think you must have a stomach ache or something.

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

No, that i had yesterday.... sohuld have never eaten that huge t-bone....

bloody thing (literaly)

20. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

Yeah tell me about it, there was this nasty smell in our fridge for days and we couldn't figure out what it was, turned out to be this big pack of chicken, don't know why though, we had just bought it, but damn!