THC ministry

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by erowid, Feb 20, 2005.

1. erowid

erowid Member

anyone ever heard of anyone having success with them, or even trying them and not getting busted for joining? Just a little background, the ministry is an organisation that makes use of freedom of religous practice by the constitution, and your marijuana stash/plants becomes sacrament. Seems quite sound overall, age requirement is 21.

2. ~SaRa~

~SaRa~ Member

I've never heard of that before

3. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

http://www.thc-ministry.org/

The "religious use" defense for cannabis has been tried several times in the past, and has been rejected by the Supreme Court. Rastafarians, Ethiopian Coptics, and several other groups claim to use cannabis as a religious sacrament, but this has not prevented prosecution in the past.

4. erowid

erowid Member

thanks for the reply, but I was looking for perhaps a concrete example. They do cite quite a number of legal cases in their favor, and they give you a legal defence kit along with sacrament tags as well as mandating you join a certain registered church that allows and endorses such activity, and Im betting many of the individuals you just spoke of didn't have quite all that going for them, I'd go reading up from more impartial sources on these cases they say theyve won, but I just cant stair at this screen anymore, reffer done dried my eyes out.:p

5. stokes

stokes Member

You're incorrect EllisDTripp.

At the THC Ministry we have nearly 50 successful cases and our defense has not been rejected by the supreme court. Do some research before you go spouting off inaccurate information.

Take the time necessary to learn about the THC Ministry and you will find it to be a very viable defense to cannabis cultivation and possession. Unfortunately, commerce (sales) is one area where we do have some difficulty ... but apart from that the THC Ministry is a solid and tested way to keep yourself from being hammered by the law.

Check it out, People ... It Works!

http://www.thc-ministry.org

http://www.thc-ministry.net

6. EllisDTripp

Exactly WHAT from my post was inaccurate? The only reason that YOUR particular "defense" hasn't been rejected by SCOTUS is that is HASN'T BEEN TRIED THERE YET.

Religious cannabis use has been shot down by the SCOTUS in the Gaskin case, among others. While I don't agree with them, It is a matter of record. As far as your "50 successful cases", would these simply be cases where the cops declined to prosecute fearing a drawn out court proceeding, or ACTUAL COURT OPINIONS That marijuana use is protected religious activity? If the latter, can you cite the case law please? No, I am not going to send you $200 to get answers to simple questions. If you believe cannabis to be a sacrament, why are you charging such a hefty sum to help defend the practice?

Lots of FREE information about religious use of cannabis and psychedelics available at:

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v12n1/12117stu.pdf

7. stokes

stokes Member

Thanks for the response, Ellis.

Your post inferred that the THC Ministry has been shot down by the SCOTUS ... that's the inaccuracy. The fact is we are new and as of this date no legal entity has been willing to take our cases to the limit because they know that our defense has legs to stand on.

This defense has BALLS, brother. And you're right, many of our ministers end up with charges dropped simply because of the prospect of a long drawn out legal battle ... it still works to keep us from being arrested or convicted.

Eventually, we hope to have a case that goes the distance and when we do we expect to win. In the meantime, our people are being let go by the police at a rate very close to 100% ... that represents success in my book. If you're waiting to see case law on our defense ... just sit tight, my friend - it's on the way.

Another major misconception of inaccuracy that you're tossing around is that someone in our ministry is charging you $200 ... this is BULLSHIT. I became a legitimate Cannabis Sacrament Minister at a total cost of ZERO Dollars. Anything paid to the Ministry is done on a recommended donation basis, that's what a ministry is all about.

It doesn't cost you a dime to register at our forums and EDUCATE YOURSELF on the LAW. You can also follow the progress of some of our pending cases as well, without any cost.

Here are the facts on our recommended donations:

- for $0 you can become an ordained THC minister.

- if you donate $30, you get a 1-2-3 minister's kit that includes the documentation to provide to authorities when you claim your religious defense (not required by law but it stops many arrests in their tracks - and well worth the $30 if you ask me).

- If you donate $200, you receive the full kit including all the particular legal documents for your state and much more ( ... still well worth it when you consider the many costs of being popped).

In the unlikely event of an arrest ... You will be represented by our founder whether you made any donations to the ministry or not.

All of the details of our defense are easy to learn about on our forums. I myself, was very skeptical about this when I joined because it almost sounds too good to be true, but since then I have found absolutely no reason to doubt the LEGAL LEGITIMACY of this defense.

IT WORKS ... and most times a good thing takes a little effort. We are kicking ass ... check us out.

regards,

Stokes

8. EllisDTripp

Good luck, but it just ain't gonna work, particularly once Dubya packs a few more fundie wackjobs onto the courts.

So what "balls" does your defense have that any of the various others haven't? There is clear-cut precedent for allowing the religious use of otherwise illegal drugs (peyote, ayahuasca, sacramental wine during prohibition, etc.), but the supreme court never has bought into the idea of allowing such a defense for cannabis in the past, and it is even more conservative now. The past cases that have tried ALL had obvious legal merit, but were denied on obviously political grounds, not legal ones. So what makes you think that this could work now, in Bushland?

9. stokes

stokes Member

We're not claiming that it's going to be welcomed with open arms by the neo-bushians, like I said ... we're new and we need to establish ourselves with one or two good lower level precedent cases before we get the same religious acknowledgement as the peyote or ayahuasca churches.

We sure as hell have many more members than the two of them together at over 30,000 and growing (literally).

Thanks for the well wishes, Ellis.

Feel free to get involved and excercise your civil rights and liberties ... before they disappear.

Stokes