test/quizzes to help you choose a career

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by We_All_Shine_On, Jan 8, 2005.

1. We_All_Shine_On

We_All_Shine_On Senior Member

anyone know of any good webistes that have little quizzes and such to help you decide.... or give you a general idea of what you want?

2. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i wouldnt count on any of those...theyre usually crap

i took a career test in high school....it told me that i should become a rabbi, no joke

3. Flyinglilypad

Flyinglilypad Member

I used mo.kuder.com through school, but I think you have to pay. It didn't give me any ideas. Says my skills are best for medical, abd interests are business/technology. o_0 weird...

4. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

HA! That's hilarious.

Yeah i've taken those before, and although a lot of the results related to me, i think they all give relatively general career choices. (Mind you, one actually told me i should be a CLOWN! :mad: ) I don't think you need to be an actual student to do this but you should schedual an appointment with a counselor at a local college and ask them about one you could take. I was offered to take one, but couldn't make the appointment, but the guy i talked to told me it was a really thorough, detailed quiz. When i mentioned the ones you can take online he said those were just a joke compared to this one. It takes like 2 hours just to complete, and it pokes at every aspect of your personality and lifestyle. It sounded really interesting, it's just too bad i didnt make the appointment. Check it out!

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

even those big long ones don't tell you anything useful, or really even all that accurate

6. riverrunsthru

riverrunsthru Member

i've taken those...but what you are good at and like may not be what you end up being when you grow up. i say learn what you want by doing, experiencing, exploring, and making mistakes. ::shrug:: oh...but i have been on a career quiz page that assesses what you want in a job (high pay, being outdoors, being creative, etc.) and gives you jobs based on that. i don't have the address right on hand, but if i track it down i'll put it up. well, good luck :).

7. Disarm

Disarm Member

Yeah.. one of my mates took one and it said he'd be great at (i think) being in the air force, but it didn't consider that he was totally lazy and in order to get in he'd need to study hardout for years, so if he followed its advice he'd have wasted a lot of money..

It would be coo to just keep trying new jobs and new paths until you found one you really enjoyed. You'd get a heap of experience.

8. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Î þë£îëvë www.collegeboard.com mîhg† håvë †hë qüîž ÿöü'rë £öökîñg ƒör

9. jay

jay Member

your, or atleast most ppls tastes change alot threw out college, i would say just get to college take some classes in other feilds and see what you like, thats what i have been doing and now i found something i really like. and its something i would not have found otherwise, and on one of the tests i had taken it wasent even on the top 5 choices

after all dont forget what lifes allabout

10. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

11. DrDooblittle

DrDooblittle Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

yeah once you are in college you will probably change your mind a few times. if you want to look at different jobs and what they entail, www.bls.gov is a good website. since you live in canada, i dont know if that would be the same adress, but either way just look for the Occupational Outlook Handbook