Terminator2 vs T3

Discussion in 'Movies' started by bareLover, Aug 22, 2004.

1. bareLover

bareLover Member

Well, in general I think, that this trilogy is just fine. But, what, makes me pissed off is that T3 coppied many T2 tricks. For instance, a scene with Arnold having a turret-gun and shooting at the cementary... They could have put a rocket-launcher for example... just change it a bit! I have to addmit, that TX is intresting and powerful character, but, it just doesn`t cover the bad scenario.

T2 is something... just, because it`s original... I think that a problem with Terminator3 : Rise of The Machines is de-ja-vu... In t2 there is no dejavu `cuz there is not many things what we saw in The Terminator... They didn`t put anything brand new into the scenario; with exception of TerminatriX... Now... why isn`t t100 programmed to remember what Connor learned him.. I know - The Chip was deeply burned on 5000000 degrees... But they could have put something in his memmory...

It seems that they have cutted the film in half at the ending... Is there going to be T4 or not... ?

I think that Terminator2 : The Judgement Day is the best film ever....
    Johnatan Mosstow really shouldn`t have been directing... James Cameron is the best Director... T2, Titanic... Why did he refuse to be a director of the best film ever... Does he want to destroy the most original SF ever?

Please I would like 2 know if there is something who shares the same opinion...

2. Sax_Machine

Sax_Machine saxbend

T2, T3, I don't care. The first one was the best film by far. Yes, certainly the special effects in the sequels are excellent, but in the first one the whole plot is tighter, the film moves faster, and it's much more tense because the protector character is a human and so as vulnerable as the target. Then you've got the whole love story as well. The Terminator is an all round better film.

bourne1978 likes this.
  3. Guitar_god_

Guitar_god_ Member

I love the 2nd and 3rd ones, but I've seen the second one wayyyyy to many times, so I'm gonna go with numbah 3 being my fav. It was just so bad-ass.

4. deathschmelda

deathschmelda Member

i prefer the 1st myself, also b/c the main chars are humans, and also b/c arnold is the bad guy, he makes a terrific heartless killer, no remorse, and at the time his distinct lack of dialogue wasn't bad due to his english skills.

Dude111 likes this.
  5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The latest news out of Hollywood has Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger both returning for the sixth Terminator film.

James Cameron, who made the first two films is producing and Tim Miller (The Deadpool) is directing.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

note in T1 how the boyfriend of Sarahs roommate almost picks up the terminator in the bedroom during the fight. it is not possible .

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

2nd Terminator is without questioning the highlight if the series. Later stuff doesn't come near it.

8. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

T2 is easily the best Terminator (the Brad Fidel's soundtrack alone elevated above all the others).....the first one was great too, just not quite as good as the second. As for the others, well I think the further you move beyond T2 the more you move towards a generic action film.

Slappy Woodstock and mysticblu21 like this.
  9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

10. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

I don't know if you've ever heard of fan edits, but they are where someone with video editing skill cuts bad parts out of a movie (and maybe adds in deleted scenes that shouldn't have been deleted), rearranges things a bit, and makes a really bad movie into a pretty good one.

The fan edit "Terminator 3: The Coming Storm" makes T3 a into a much better movie, worthy of standing alongside the first two in greatness.

For that matter, the fan edit "Terminator Salvation: The Essential Edition" vastly improves T4, although some things in that film couldn't be fixed.

11. hotwater

Well he does try to pick him up............

Eric! likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

T2 is all spiffy and Hollywood but I find T1 probably my favorite now as it's very raw.

13. hotwater

T1 is great but I still love Arnold vs the T-1000 liquid metal poly-alloy terminator in T2

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Over Xmas I bought the new digitally remastered T2 with alternate ending. The ending sucks but they had one other deleted scene I hadn't seen before which was the T1000 searching John's room. Like it added nothing at all to the movie. But I feel you need to watch the directors cut over theatrical because it's so much more in depth akin to the Aliens director cut, it adds a good 20+ mins but it improves scenes that don't make sense. Such as how John knew at the end that the T1000 wasn't his mum when Sarah showed up with her nerf gun, which was because John could see the liquid metal man melting on the hot steel, which they cut out in the theatrical so you're left wondering if he made a lucky guess lol. Either way Sarah was gonna shoot anyway, but that scene makes more sense now.

There's only a few good sequel movies I really like.

Aliens and T2 are two of them.
    They pretty much jacked up Predator in everything but the first one, but I find the concept so cool still that I watch the others lol. I fear this new one coming out is going to be garbage. :grin:

As for T3 I always thought it pointless. At the end of it, sissy John says himself "we couldn't stop it" so I find the whole movie really pointless lol. Plus there's just so much wrong with that movie such as trying to add funny parts that's weren't funny and that Terminator lady who grows her breasts bigger? C'mon! In fact, one the main reasons the first two were so great is they didn't find it necessary to exploit females. I never found Linda Hamilton to be very attractive in any of them which reiterates its authenticity. They forgot about that in T3 and instead went with pretty casting actors that pretty much buried the franchise forever after.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I always loved the ending of T3 though, because it was so unexpected and nihilistic - that was different to every other one of these kind of movies as there is always some kind of happy ending

T2 however was one of the greatest sci fi movies of all time

I didnt mind T4 or T5 either

And I will definately be at the cinema paying for T6

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I never found the ending of T3 to be unexpected, they'd been going on about judgement day since 20mins in the first movie back in the 80s. :p it was utterly expected because everyone wanted to see a film set in the future which they used this to lead up to it.

T4 had stupid moment too like those water robots. Trust me, skynet ain't gonna bother making swimming snake terminators. :tearsofjoy: that shits for x-men, sorry. Skynet just creates terminators. Humans can't breathe underwater, so they aren't threats. But yeah they had some humanitarian terminators that released Terminator snakes into country dams.. Okay..

And then the new movie is like skynet is apple iCloud. I didn't like that at all.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  17. hotwater

Oddly enough I recently saw the special addition of Aliens and now with the additional scenes added to the movie it actually makes sense.

It shows scenes from the colony before it was taken over by the Xenomorphs

As for Predator I still can't believe he was played by the same guy who played Harry from Harry and the Hendersons

Irminsul likes this.
  18. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Terminator 2 is widely regarded as setting the standard for how to mix a variety of special effects. They used models and computer generated scenes with equal attention to artistic detail. For that reason alone, it was ahead of its time, which is why it still compares so well to Terminator 3. That they both use one-liners, one dimensional characters, and a plot so thin the writers can go anywhere with it, is just standard for a movie like this.

T2 set the standard, but its still a little dated by modern standards, while T3 did not have quite as memorable a cast of characters, but was filmed for watching repeatedly on smaller screens.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I liked it because Jason Clarke was in it, but yeah, that part was dumb

20. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

You'd like the fan edit "Terminator 3: The Coming Storm". The attempts at comedy were the first thing to go.

Irminsul likes this.