Tennessee Schools Now Required To Trust God

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by tumbling.dice, Aug 17, 2018.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I got slapped in the face one time in a bar in Santa Cruz by an ex nun when I questioned why the pope is any different than any other man? "Who the hell does he think he is"? SMACK!! Sometimes back in those alcoholic days, it would have been better to just STFU!

guerillabedlam likes this.
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That's a great story though!

3. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

God had Jesus tortured and killed so you could sin. So it would be a personal insult to bloody suffering Jesus himself if you didn't stockpile assault weapons. And cook tons of meth for kids so they can hit rock bottom and also find Jesus. Sin is the only fucking way to salvation.

4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

That's a pretty warped interpretation of Christianity you have there. I'm not familiar with the particular branch.

Noserider likes this.
  5. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

The demon God is dripping in anticipation for your confessions. Spill a good juicy one so the minion behind the screen can have a good yank.

Pat your self-righteous ass on the back and partake in some symbolic flesh and blood.

Walk away blissfully oblivious that you're tits deep in an evil death cult...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    storch likes this.
  6. storch

storch banned

Right after she slapped you, you should have said: "So if I understand you correctly, ma'am, the thing that makes the pope different from other men is that merely questioning his authority will cause even a nun to lose her temper and become physically violent." :smile:

scratcho likes this.
  7. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Cool.

8. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

It's our national motto. You have a problem with it? Then petition the government to change our motto.

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

No, not as part of the Lord's Prayer.
    That portion is called the Doxology.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ yeah, that's how i remember it. didn't realize that was technically a separate prayer; it all kind of runs together in practice.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Death cult Armageddon

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Sounds like a metal band

13. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

If you went to church post Vatican II you find that if the our father is sung it includes the protty bit at the end. Probably just because the song sounds incomplete if you drop it. *shrug*

14. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Maybe, I don't pay much attention when I go with my father.

McFuddy likes this.
  15. scratcho

If one is inclined to be religious, I guess one can trust God. But evidently, trust in the Catholic church is not such a good idea if you are a kid or a parent of a catholic kid. Makes me wonder if this aberrant behaviour goes back 2000 years and has been looked at as a perk of the trade.

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

It isn't something they advertise.

Pedophiles are attracted to lifestyles that will grant them access to children. Furthermore, the priesthood is a tight knit profession, which for all its benefits also tends to compel them to look out and protect each other.

Which in this case is abhorrent and immoral.

But it isn't special to Catholicism anymore than terrorism is special to Islam. It's more nuanced than that.

17. scratcho

Yeah--it happens everywhere--no doubt. These guys even bought little crosses for the kids to wear to show others that they were available for molesting! And much other cover up shit.

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

There is clearly a disgusting infection in the church that the hierarchy is too weak to root out. (Especially those that are complicit in the cover-up)

As mass attendance and participation continues to drop and the faithful move on to other churches, perhaps then they'll learn.

A lesson that shouldn't need to happen to those who are meant to know the good. It's gross and repugnant.

scratcho likes this.
  19. storch

storch banned

I'm curious as to what it is that we're supposed to trust God to do . . . or to not do.

20. You're supposed to just trust that everything that happens is part of God's master plan.