Ten Years After

Discussion in 'Music' started by dayafterpuberty, Jan 14, 2005.

1. dayafterpuberty

dayafterpuberty Member

Who here listens to Ten years after? I just recently heard of them and i thought they were pretty got damn good.

2. SimpleMan

SimpleMan Member

Alvin Lee is an awesome guitar player!!!...this dude can freaking wail~~!!!

3. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Yeah, they're quite nice. :)

4. celeste

celeste Member

...gosh!I listened to these cats under the influence of LSD eons ago!Precious memories! Thanx!

5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Unfortunately the only song of their that gets regular play on Classic rock stations is I'd Love to Change the World. Some other songs of theirs that really rock are Good Morning Little Schoolgirl, I'm Going Home and Choo Choo Mama.

6. rainbowkid

rainbowkid Member

That's weird I was thinking about starting a thread for 'Ten Years After' the other day.
    They're a brilliant Blues group but I need to get more of their albums, though.

7. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

im not crazy about 10 years after they did have a couple of big hits in late 60s early 70s at the time much better band existed with lots of more big hits under theyr belt. they were ok after hearing "im going home" in woodstock i did not want hear that song for the next 5 years" dont get me wrong i t was great at woodstock . the other song i like is "i love to change the world" then i was finish with them.

8. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

under the influence of LSD even german nazi military marches song sounds great "actually some of them do"

9. exhibita

exhibita Member

I heard the album 'Watt' when I was 10 years old and LOVED IT!

To me it was very different from the Woodstock recording (which I heard before Watt) due to the stronger sound of the rythmn section on the studio recording.

That combination with Alvin, to me, was perfect with some added coolness from Chick Churchill on the keys.

Cricklewood Green is another great one.

Also check out 'Shhh...' and 'A Space In Time' as well as the earlier works.

10. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

Somebody was talkin 'bout their album Watt (out in the end of 1970)

This is a great band but just for 3 albums (4 me naturraly) : Crickelwood Green (april 1970)
    "Watt" and "Space and Time" (from 71) ...this is their top for the rest more largely i reccomend their albums from 69 to 72 (six LP's) but their last from 1974 lack of juice and new horizons ...and their 2 first lp's from 67 and 68 were pure blues without any Progressive vision...

11. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

yah, he was sooo groovy at woodstock. the first time i saw it, i had this big smile on my face!!! it was amazing.

12. exhibita

exhibita Member

I can understand why it was a highlight of the show.

Alvin's guitar sound just jumps out and tears ass on that track.

13. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

I can't understand as you ...even if i love this band ..."i'm goin home" is not was not so good at Woodstock.... i just love the first part of the song ...but after what's happenin to Lee?...is it the stress? He's playin too fast...but not with grace...whatever ...it's a good song but not as cult as that...

14. Chris L

Chris L Member

Shh is a great CD. Goodmorning Little Schoolgirl is sweet, awesome bass in that song. The bassist all around kicks ass.

15. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

Yeah, Ten years after is very good. But there is something about them, that they lack, that seems to keep people from mentioning them amoung the elite classic rock groups. Maybe the passion...or the lyrics are sub par. But thats just my opinion.

16. Heaven

Heaven Senior Member

I saw them last year here in Germany in concert... and it was really great rock`n roll!