Tempe

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by PoBoui Dichod, Dec 28, 2008.

1. PoBoui Dichod

PoBoui Dichod Guest

Who is in Tempe?

2. A Wise Monkey

A Wise Monkey Member

There are a few of us around. There's a pretty decent, albeit small, scene here. Look up AZHeads.com or check out the Goathead Saloon in Mesa (Country Club and HWY 60) also, the Sail Inn is re-opening in Tempe (1st and Farmer) sometime in January. Both places should have myspace pages too with lineups, show schedules, etc. Great live music and great folks.

3. Jacquali

Jacquali Guest

Hi Everybody,
    I am Dustin... I am located in Tempe, I like this city and I am very happy to be a part of this Wonderful City... Tempe also known as Hayden's Ferry during the territorial times of Arizona, is a city in Maricopa County, Arizona, USA, with the Census Bureau reporting a 2010 population of 161,719... The city is named after the Vale of Tempe in Greece... Tempe is located in the East Valley section of metropolitan Phoenix; it is bordered by Phoenix and Guadalupe on the west, Scottsdale on the north, Chandler on the south, and Mesa on the east... Tempe is the location of US Airways Group's corporate headquarters, and the home of Arizona State University.:afro:Tempe Locksmith

4. ArizonaDJ

ArizonaDJ Members

I know Tempe well. Great place!

5. CurtisCCheck

CurtisCCheck Members

I live on the border of Chandler and Tempe if that counts.

6. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I lived in Tempe from 1978-1983. Damn it's been 40 years. Since then I don't ever want to live in a desert again. I'd rather look forward to summer coming, not dread it. I saw it get as high as 120 degrees!

I attended school irregularly at ASU the whole time while also working at a few different jobs. I ended up driving a taxi there for 2 years while going to class part-time. Possession of marijuana was a felony then but we did it anyway, I can't believe it's legal there now! And I liked how you could get peyote if you lived in a desert city!

After 5 years I'd had my fill of Tempe and Phoenix and moved to San Diego, drove a cab there for awhile, got my degree from SDSU.

So that's it in a nutshell.

So have any of you had any experience with peyote?

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I got there in '85...

8. Ang3lyz

Ang3lyz Senior Member

WOULD LOVE TO SEE PICCS OF WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

9. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]